Which is more important when we draft in 2019?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

From CBS
    20. Los Angeles Chargers

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson. You will see this pairing more than a few times over the next few months. Lawrence, Joey Bosa, and Melvin Ingram on the same defensive front would be frightening for opposing offenses.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I agree its to early but it never hurts to remember guys as you watch college football. That way we can have a general idea even tho we wont be making the picks. I enjoy looking st what the teams needs and who we might get. So far ghe onky sure fire offensive lineman i like is little. But we would have to stink it up to get him
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
        Heres what I say to the people who want an Offensive lineman go back and watch some of our games last year on defense and every single game we got dominated and it's no different this year. Look at the Rams game they dominated our D-line from start to finish. Our Offensive line isn't great by any means but it is decent enough right now to get the job done.I know that isn't saying much. If we had some rookie QB in there I would be all over us getting an offensive lineman but Rivers has played on a lot of bad offensive lines protecting him. Our defensive line cannot continue to get dominated like they are.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I'd love to get Geno Atkins but he is going to be expensive.
          yeah it's early for saying this guy is going top 15 and so on. Today's top 15 could be Aprils 3rd round pick.

I saw Ed Oliver last night but he was playing against Tulane! Our worst practice squad OL is better than their best one.

Watching Georgia Tech and Louisville right now. Don't know who is to watch and don't see anybody worth to see stay on the channel lol. Think I'm switch to the baseball playoffs

Comment

• charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Im not saying he cant, when i say he wont be there, i dont project the chargers to be in range to pick him. Last year we picked 17th, we're 2-2 we have 5 more games till Bosa comes back. So if we can be 4-4 at bare minimum when he comes back, our pass rush is back and we could very well have a 10 win season, i think well be picking high teens, or low 20s, if he falls that far its because he got screwed like tunsil. I doubt he falls like Derwin, even tho i called derwin falling due to his injury history at fsu. O linemen rarely fall especially in a weak class like this. If he doesnt go top 12 ill be shocked. Ill probably fall out my chair if he makes it past pick 15 to be honest. If the chargers some how finish average or worse then i could aee us possibly being in play. But i cant see the best tackle falling that far.

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              From CBS
              20. Los Angeles Chargers

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson. You will see this pairing more than a few times over the next few months. Lawrence, Joey Bosa, and Melvin Ingram on the same defensive front would be frightening for opposing offenses.
              Im happy with that Dexter has the potential to be a william perry type of DT.
              Wilkins has the Potential to be an aaron donald type of DT.
              By no means am i saying they will be those dudes, im saying thats what i think their ceiling is.
              The floor for them nfl comp wise would be
              Dex- Danny shelton
              Wilk- bennie logan
              At the worst.

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd love to get Geno Atkins but he is going to be expensive.
                yeah it's early for saying this guy is going top 15 and so on. Today's top 15 could be Aprils 3rd round pick.

I saw Ed Oliver last night but he was playing against Tulane! Our worst practice squad OL is better than their best one.

Watching Georgia Tech and Louisville right now. Don't know who is to watch and don't see anybody worth to see stay on the channel lol. Think I'm switch to the baseball playoffs
                It doesnt matter who ed is playing against, when i watch him i watch how he gets out hisnstance, how he engages with his hands, does he let his feet die out from under him etc. Hes fun to watch.

As far as gt and louisvillle goes, theres no one on either team to really watch for unless youre really good at spotting gems. So id watch baseball over that game

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Also 2 players to watch for in the 2nd round
                  devin bush lb Michigan- dude is only 5 ft 11 but he is extremely good in coverage, high football iq, could be limited by his size, but with gus bradley he would be the perfect tool, you could throw him at olb put white at ss and james at fs or you vould rotate them based on positionless football. James at either safety, white at the other safety or at lb. Same with bush he could be another safety or coverage lb.

Cam smith usc ilb- not gonna lie dude isnt the fastest, but he does play down hill, likes to hit, he woukd basically replace perryman if we dont resign him.

*Also- in the first round if there are no dts or ots when we pick. I would love devin white, 6ft1 mlb, extremely fast good in coverage, would be a huge upgrade to out lb core. Youd have nwosu, devin white,kyzier white, leaving james at safety, nwosu great blitzer, could use better coverage, but both of the whites would take alot if underneath passes away, derwin would either be creeping or playing center field, could be a very athletic defense.
                  Last edited by charger1993; 10-05-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

By no means am i saying they will be those dudes, im saying thats what i think their ceiling is.
                    Dex- Danny shelton
                    Wilk- bennie logan
                    At the worst.
                    Yeah not sure I'd even want the fat boy. It's a deep DT class, I wouldn't mind a Edge rusher either in the first. As I always say,depends on who is on the board and it's way to early to say who id want in the first round.

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah not sure I'd even want the fat boy. It's a deep DT class, I wouldn't mind a Edge rusher either in the first. As I always say,depends on who is on the board and it's way to early to say who id want in the first round.
                      Of course its to early, but its always fun to see how peoples opinions change throughout the season. And if someone called the pick.
                      And edge rusher, with ingram,bosa,nwosu youd spend a first on another?? Rather than dt,ot,lb,cb??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Of course its to early, but its always fun to see how peoples opinions change throughout the season. And if someone called the pick.
                        And edge rusher, with ingram,bosa,nwosu youd spend a first on another?? Rather than dt,ot,lb,cb??
                        Yep and between February to April mines gonna change a thousand times. I wasnt into the draft as usual last year because of all the Chargers moving and the NFL rule changes, which still irriatates me. Probably more so this year as well but I just wasnt feeling it and didn't watch much college ball at all.
                        I am completely over them moving but I still have angst towards the NFL. Really not pleased with how things are going. This year the draft will be more into focus this year for me but I won't really dont get into it til too later to in the season. Of course is we are playoff bound I won't be into too after we are out.

As for another Edge rusher, depends on who is in the board but we need a good rotational guy at DE so maybe. Nwosu isn't a Edge rusher so I don't count him at all in that capacity. I mean Derwin has three sacks but we aren't counting him as a as a pass-rusher.
                        Our depth at DE is not very good. I actually don't know why they don't have Emmanuel play there at times. Better fit there than at OLB.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-05-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Chula Vista
                          • OG Raider Hater
                          • Send PM

Dex- Danny shelton
                          Wilk- bennie logan
                          At the worst.
                          Yup, big fan of Wilkins, watched him expecting him to come out last year
                          modern 3T
                          Stay Salty.

Comment

Working...
                          X