Which is more important when we draft in 2019?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

What I say to that is a great defense will 9 times out of ten beat a great offense. We have a lot of the pieces already on defense with Bosa and Ingram and James but we are missing a few pieces like DT most notably and also a ILB or OLB who can actually cover. Kyle Emanual has got to go or just be a role player because the guy gets outmatched everytime he is on the field. He is a great tackler but he can't cover if his life depended on it. Can you imagine how dominate our defense could be with Bosa and Ingram on the edges and a really good DT rushing from up the middle? See I believe even though our offense is not the greatest i do think it is good enough to put enough points up but if we keep putting aside the fact that this team needs a DT badly well then this team will just be one of those teams that people will say they look good on paper but when they actually play the games on Sunday the eyes don't lie. And my eyes tell me the reason we are 2-2 instead of 3-1 or even 4-0 is because of our defensive line. My eyes told me the same thing last season also that the reason we did not make the playoffs was because of our defensive line.http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total Hopefully this link works I just looked up stats on espn for our offense and defense look at where our offense is ranked and how our defense is ranked and tell me if you still think we need to draft OT first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Need your eyes checked :tongue:​​​​​​. We didn't make the playoffs last year because of the kicking game. We do need a better DT. Actually it is a NT in our defense that Mebane plays so your eyes are correct that we need better interior DLine play and we will see if we improve with Luiget back at DT. But last year it was the kicker that kept us out of the playoffs and would of been the awful run defense that did us in had we made the playoffs.

Also agree a good defense slows down and beats the good offense and it's been shown time after time but makes it harder with all these fucked up rule changes geared for the offenses.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Need your eyes checked :tongue:​​​​​​. We didn't make the playoffs last year because of the kicking game. We do need a better DT. Actually it is a NT in our defense that Mebane plays so your eyes are correct that we need better interior DLine play and we will see if we improve with Luiget back at DT. But last year it was the kicker that kept us out of the playoffs and would of been the awful run defense that did us in had we made the playoffs.

Also agree a good defense slows down and beats the good offense and it's been shown time after time but makes it harder with all these fucked up rule changes geared for the offenses.
        Yes the kicking game was horrible but our offense put enough points on the board to win all of those games. But we ranked last in rush defense last season and that is the overall reason why we didn't make the playoffs. I think you are to focused on our kicking woes rather then the actual reason why we did not make the playoffs.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Yes the kicking game was horrible but our offense put enough points on the board to win all of those games. But we ranked last in rush defense last season and that is the overall reason why we didn't make the playoffs. I think you are to focused on our kicking woes rather then the actual reason why we did not make the playoffs.
            No it isn't, the kicking game is the reason we didn't make the playoffs we were in possition to win at least two games had our kicker made the friggin FGs. Did you see every game last year? Our offense didnt put enough points on the board to win all those games. They did however get our kickers in possition to win those game and they failed.Hec if we win one of those games because of the kicker, we are in the playoffs so no, it wasn't the run defense and don't know how you can think otherwise.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-06-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• charger1993
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

I agree its to early to judge. But i just like having fun seeing how everyones opinion evolve throughout the year on who they want, postition they want. Etc

Comment

• charger1993
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 99PROBLEMS View Post

Yup, big fan of Wilkins, watched him expecting him to come out last year
                modern 3T
                Trust me i know, i hope we can get him. Hes athletic and good enough to be able to play de if we needed.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Yes the rush defense didnt help us, but one more made kick early in the season would have gotten us a win and a wild card spot.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

Trust me i know, i hope we can get him. Hes athletic and good enough to be able to play de if we needed.
                    Not to mention character guy/leadership ability which is going to be important for that line with Mebane moving on at some point.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      No it isn't, the kicking game is the reason we didn't make the playoffs we were in possition to win at least two games had our kicker made the friggin FGs. Did you see every game last year? Our offense didnt put enough points on the board to win all those games. They did however get our kickers in possition to win those game and they failed.Hec if we win one of those games because of the kicker, we are in the playoffs so no, it wasn't the run defense and don't know how you can think otherwise.

I have NFL game pass so yes I do watch all of the games and I watch every play. You are looking at one tiny aspect of why we lost those games but not the overall picture. If we had a better run defense teams like Jacksonville probably wouldn't have beaten us. When your run defense is avg 130 yards rush avg per a game I don't see how you cannot see that is problem. I just went and looked at some of the games last season that we lost in our first game we gave up 140 yards rushing to Denver. I guarantee you if we hold them to less then 100 yards or less we most likely win the game. So here are all of the rushing stats for the teams that we lost to last season and how many yards they had against us rushing. Denver had 140 yards. Miami had 122 yards, KC 189 in the first game against us and 174 in the second game. Eagles had 214 yards rushing, Patriots had 97 and Jacksonville had 135. And those are just the games that we had lost. With the exception of the Chiefs all of those games we win if we hold them to 100 yards or less. I do think we will draft a kicker this time maybe like in the 3rd round or maybe 4th.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I have NFL game pass so yes I do watch all of the games and I watch every play. You are looking at one tiny aspect of why we lost those games but not the overall picture. If we had a better run defense teams like Jacksonville probably wouldn't have beaten us. When your run defense is avg 130 yards rush avg per a game I don't see how you cannot see that is problem. I just went and looked at some of the games last season that we lost in our first game we gave up 140 yards rushing to Denver. I guarantee you if we hold them to less then 100 yards or less we most likely win the game. So here are all of the rushing stats for the teams that we lost to last season and how many yards they had against us rushing. Denver had 140 yards. Miami had 122 yards, KC 189 in the first game against us and 174 in the second game. Eagles had 214 yards rushing, Patriots had 97 and Jacksonville had 135. And those are just the games that we had lost. With the exception of the Chiefs all of those games we win if we hold them to 100 yards or less. I do think we will draft a kicker this time maybe like in the 3rd round or maybe 4th.
                        I get that and I agreed the run defense was awful but it still doesn't change the fact that if we make ONE of those missed FGs, we are in the playoffs.

I believe the Colts won the SB the year their run defense was awful so again,....I don't see how you can say the run defense was the biggest problem when it was the kicking game.
                        It isn't a tiny aspect of why we lost, it was pretty big and THE reason why we were 9-7.

We were in possition to win a couple games with a FG and we missed, dispite how many yards rushing they gave up.How can you not understand that?
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-06-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• charger1993
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Not to mention character guy/leadership ability which is going to be important for that line with Mebane moving on at some point.
                          No question, you can tell he lives for this, he loves it. He's a fiery player who plays his heart out

Comment

Working...
                          X