Which is more important when we draft in 2019?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I get that and I agreed the run defense was awful but it still doesn't change the fact that if we make ONE of those missed FGs, we are in the playoffs.

I believe the Colts won the SB the year their run defense was awful so again,....I don't see how you can say the run defense was the biggest problem when it was the kicking game.
    It isn't a tiny aspect of why we lost, it was pretty big and THE reason why we were 9-7.

We were in possition to win a couple games with a FG and we missed, dispite how many yards rushing they gave up.How can you not understand that?
    Yes I get that we lost a few of those games because our kicker missed the kick at the end of the game the point that i'm trying to make which obviously you are not grasping is we would not have been in that situation if we hold those teams to 100 yards or less. See our defense or should I say our rush defense is the reason why our kickers were put into a position to win the game for us or tie the game. I know that we lost to Denver because of a missed fg at the end but I also know that we gave up 140 yards rushing. I know that even though we lost by only two to the eagles we probaby beat them if we hold them to atleast 125 yards rushing. They had 214 yards against us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      Yes I get that we lost a few of those games because our kicker missed the kick at the end of the game the point that i'm trying to make which obviously you are not grasping is we would not have been in that situation if we hold those teams to 100 yards or less. See our defense or should I say our rush defense is the reason why our kickers were put into a position to win the game for us or tie the game. I know that we lost to Denver because of a missed fg at the end but I also know that we gave up 140 yards rushing. I know that even though we lost by only two to the eagles we probaby beat them if we hold them to atleast 125 yards rushing. They had 214 yards against us.
      Oh I'm grasping what your saying, I just don't agree. Yes the rush defense was bad, but what you arent grasping is:

We were still in possition to win those games with a FG dispite the rush defense.
      What your saying is like saying,......if they didn't call that pass interference call and gave them the ball at the 10 yardline, we could have won. Or if they didn't return that punt on us we could have won. Well the fact is DISPITE those things, we still could have won with a FG. We gave up over 100+ rushing to the Dolphins but a missed FG lost the game. There was one other but forget who it was against.

Are you saying you don't agree that we make the playoffs if we make one of those FGs?
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-06-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

h I'm grasping what your saying, I just don't agree. Yes the rush defense was bad, but what you arent grasping is:

We were still in possition to win those games with a FG dispite the rush defense.
          What your saying is like saying,......if they didn't call that pass interference call and gave them the ball at the 10 yardline, we could have won. Or if they didn't return that punt on us we could have won. Well the fact is DISPITE those things, we still could have won with a FG. We gave up over 100+ rushing to the Dolphins but a missed FG lost the game. There was one other but forget who it was against.

Are you saying you don't agree that we make the playoffs if we make one of those FGs?
          Thank god you are not a raider fan. I do grasp what you are saying about the fg kicker costing us some of those games because we did have a chance to win those games if our kicker makes the point but as I have already stated we would not have been in those situations if our rush defense wasn't so horrible. See it's like you have tunnel vision and you don't see the entire picture. You only see why we lost at the end of the game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Thank god you are not a raider fan. I do grasp what you are saying about the fg kicker costing us some of those games because we did have a chance to win those games if our kicker makes the point but as I have already stated we would not have been in those situations if our rush defense wasn't so horrible. See it's like you have tunnel vision and you don't see the entire picture. You only see why we lost at the end of the game.
            I have tunnel vision? And you dont? Lol, well now that's funny.

See, i dont think you ARE grasping this. And you didn't answer: are you saying you don't agree we make the playoffs if we make one of those FGs?

You must really think you have something here , and I'll tell you, I don't agree with your reasoning because there is no guarantee we make the playoffs if we hold some teams to 100 instead of 130-140 but there is a guarantee we make the playoffs had our kicker made one of those FGs for a win.

So Tell ya what, why don't you make a poll and see how many do agree with you.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-06-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• chris9341
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I have tunnel vision? And you dont? Lol, well now that's funny. The games we couldn't stop the run , we were already behind and didn't have the ball. How about the games we still gave up over 100 and drove to win and missed the FG?

See, i dont think you ARE grasping this. And you didn't answer: are you saying you don't agree we make the playoffs if we make one of those FGs?

You must really think you have something here , and I'll tell you, I don't agree with your reasoning. so Tell ya what, why don't you make a poll and see how many do agree with you.
              Don't get mad at me just because you are wrong.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Don't get mad at me just because you are wrong.
                I'm not mad. Start a poll, I think you will lose big.
                and you still didn't answer the question.

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm not mad. Start a poll, I think you will lose big.
                  and you still didn't answer the question.
                  Actually I did answer your question.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Actually I did answer your question.
                    You didn't, it's a yes or no question.
                    so you don't agree we make the playoffs if we make one of those FGs?

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

You didn't, it's a yes or no question.
                      so you don't agree we make the playoffs if we make one of those FGs?
                      I agree that we make the playoffs if our rush defense is mediocre.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I agree that we make the playoffs if our rush defense is mediocre.
                        Lol so your answer is no!

Can you guarantee we make the playoffs if our run defense is just a little better?
                        It think it helps but there's no guarantee of that but I can guarantee we make the playoffs if our kicker(s) make one of those FGs to win a game.

I think we are done here, you are not grasping this
                        I think poster 21&500 explained it well.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-06-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Lol so your answer is no!

Can you guarantee we make the playoffs if our run defense is just a little better?
                          It think it helps but there's no guarantee of that but I can guarantee we make the playoffs if our kicker(s) make one of those FGs to win a game.

I think we are done here, you are not grasping this
                          I think poster 21&500 explained it well.

Well no shit we make the playoffs if our kicker makes just one of those kicks. But as I have stated already which you by the way can't get it through your thick skull that our rush defense was so horrible it put us into a situation to trust our kickers.

Comment

Working...
                          X