Which is more important when we draft in 2019?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Bolt jolt

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Well no shit we make the playoffs if our kicker makes just one of those kicks. But as I have stated already which you by the way can't get it through your thick skull that our rush defense was so horrible it put us into a situation to trust our kickers.
      Thank you!
      my thick skull understands the run defense was awful and didnt help matters but it was awful most games. But, cmon, we​​​​ shouldn't trust our kickers? It was a 44 yarder against Miami. Who was that other guy after Koo and Novak..... Rose or something? He was awful too but you got to send the kicker out there. It wasnt like it was a 54 yarder, it was 44....in that particular instance.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-07-2018, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Our run defense has improved substantially since last year. Better DTs, better tackling, better LBs, better schemes? I dont know, but it decreases my need for a new DT.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Our run defense has improved substantially since last year. Better DTs, better tackling, better LBs, better schemes? I dont know, but it decreases my need for a new DT.
          Having Perryman healthy has helped

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I kind of feel like we tend to spend a lot of picks on complimentary pieces. Obviously they are needs. But its like if we were building a car from scratch we tend to focus on the cosmetics and aesthetics more so than the the actual engine.

To me that would be the OL and interior DL. The trenches. The heartbeat of any team. Championships are won there. So im down for an OT or DT this year. If we are not looking in those areas i might think about a pass rusher. We need to be able to get pressure if we go down a guy like Ingram or Bosa. There is no hard in protecting your strengths via the draft. CB is another position we are strong at. So protecting that position makes some sense. Maybe even a FS.

The Pats used to draft OL/DL what seemed like every year. Giants did it with pass rushers.

There are probably 15 DT/DE/OL 1st round prospects this year. Its a good year to need help at those positions. One thing is forsure....this is probably shaping up to be yet another very strong defensive draft.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I kind of feel like we tend to spend a lot of picks on complimentary pieces. Obviously they are needs. But its like if we were building a car from scratch we tend to focus on the cosmetics and aesthetics more so than the the actual engine.

To me that would be the OL and interior DL. The trenches. The heartbeat of any team. Championships are won there. So im down for an OT or DT this year. If we are not looking in those areas i might think about a pass rusher. We need to be able to get pressure if we go down a guy like Ingram or Bosa. There is no hard in protecting your strengths via the draft. CB is another position we are strong at. So protecting that position makes some sense. Maybe even a FS.

The Pats used to draft OL/DL what seemed like every year. Giants did it with pass rushers.

There are probably 15 DT/DE/OL 1st round prospects this year. Its a good year to need help at those positions. One thing is forsure....this is probably shaping up to be yet another very strong defensive draft.

I feel we have hit on elite playmakers the past 3 drafts. The development of rounds 4-7 and UDFAs have been solid if not outstanding. We need our 2/3 round guys to be healthy, contribute, and become above average/pro bowl caliber starters.

At an early look ahead....

Off-season decisions to be made....
              Verrett done or offered a 1 year prove it deal? Do we keep, cut, or trade Benjamin, Barksdale, or Addae? Does Perryman, Ty Williams, Philon, Tr. Williams resign or FA? What does the 2019 FA market have to offer? Salary Cap decisions will play into all.

Draft looks deep at DT, EDGE, QB, WR, RB. Slimmer at TE, ILB, CB. OT value will be rounds 2-4. Defensive difference makers will be a plenty into the 2nd round. QBs & OTs will get overdrafted to add to the value of defensive talent.

As always a lot will be determined by who comes out early but will be a solid class.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I feel we have hit on elite playmakers the past 3 drafts. The development of rounds 4-7 and UDFAs have been solid if not outstanding. We need our 2/3 round guys to be healthy, contribute, and become above average/pro bowl caliber starters.

Verrett done or offered a 1 year prove it deal? Do we keep, cut, or trade Benjamin, Barksdale, or Addae? Does Perryman, Ty Williams, Philon, Tr. Williams resign or FA? What does the 2019 FA market have to offer? Salary Cap decisions will play into all.

Draft looks deep at DT, EDGE, QB, WR, RB. Slimmer at TE, ILB, CB. OT value will be rounds 2-4. Defensive difference makers will be a plenty into the 2nd round. QBs & OTs will get overdrafted to add to the value of defensive talent.

As always a lot will be determined by who comes out early but will be a solid class.
                I wouldn't offer Verrett a ham sandwich. DONE!

​​​

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I think we keep Perryman, Square and Philon. Cut TB, Liuget and Barksdale. Replace them with a drafted DT/OT. Tyrell may get a big enough contract to get us a comp. Maybe. And you are right we have done well in recent drafts. We need to hit on more of our 3rd rounders. Watt, Tuerk and Mager were big misses. But Telesco has made up for it with a few gems.

I think we are looking pretty solid going into next year. Really want to hit the lines though. We should be looking pretty solid cap wise as well. So we may end up looking at FA to add a key starter.

Personally im done with Verrett.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I think we need to try and keep Trev Williams too.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Trevor is an RFA right? He should get a tender from us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Now sure, could be.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

He is. He should get a pretty high tender.

Comment

Working...
                          X