• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltergeist
    Pesky apparition
    • Jun 2013
    • Baja Oklahoma
    • Send PM

The visiting fan situation could be bad in SD but it was never as bad as it has been in LA. 9ers fans never had even close to a majority in SD, while in LA it looked like 60 percent of the crowd for that game was in 9er's colors. Raider fans could fill half the seats in SD, but not 75 percent or more like in LA. There was always more noise for opposing offenses than for ours. What is happening in LA week in and week out is ridiculous. If they were still in San Diego, the bandwagon would be rolling and we would have a real home field advantage this year. In LA there will be no bandwagon and the takeovers will continue.

Comment

• Wheels
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      It was a problem long before Spanos ever hinted at moving. The reality is, we had a small, loyal following that would support the team no matter. When they were winning, it got trendy to be a fan and we had a real home field advantage. But when the team doesn't win (which has been way too often with this weenie ownership of Team Spanos) we struggled with other teams fans taking over the stadium. Moving back won't fix that. PSLs won't fly here either.
      This isn't a situation unique to San Diego. When teams start going south, the fans don't show up as much, happens with just about all the markets. The unique part of SD is the amount of people who are transplants, and kept their allegiances to their original teams. That is the difference.

Anyway, many of us San Diego first guys basically predicted what this article is saying. People seemed to think that being in a bigger market would auto-magically double the value of the team. But that doesn't happen without revenue increasing quite a bit as well. The valuation depends on profitability.

Hope you guys are all doing good. I haven't watched football since the team left, and I'm quite content. And I don't want them back if Spanos is still owner.

Comment

Move them to a city in a state that doesn't have a pro team. When the Seattle Supersonics moved here to Oklahoma and became the Thunder, everyone got on board. It's hard to find anyone here who doesn't like them - or who likes a different team.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Hmm Mexico City makes sense in that regard... although.... nah.. too many NFL fans in Mexico, half of the Azteca Stadium would be filled with opposing fans... Raider and Patriot fans would fill the stadium by themselves...

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Geezbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Sun Valley, ID
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post

I haven't watched football since the team left, and I'm quite content. And I don't want them back if Spanos is still owner.
              I have not watched football either since they left. I cut the cord and am finding plenty of other things to do with my life. I do occasionally listen to the games over the 'net. And I agree with you about Spanos' ownership if they did move back.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

San Antonio would embrace them.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                    San Antonio would embrace them.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

San Antonio would embrace them but Jerry Jones was pretty adamant about that he will strongly oppose any team relocating there.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

TV would be a fraction of LA.

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I think the Chargers in Portland would be nice. I know the city is trying to get another profesional team besides the trailblazers.

Comment

Working...
                          X