• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

that's roughly the same value of the Chargers from the latest Forbes ranking. Certainly nowhere near the doubling or tripling in value some people predicted simply by moving the team to LA. The thing is the NFL has a policy about not selling for a set time period after being granted relocation. The Chargers don't even start paying the relocation fee until 2019- $650 Mil over 10 years.
    In the nfl the owners can break any rule they want especially if it is beneficial to their bank account.
    Last edited by Budsman; 10-18-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

In the nfl the owners can break any rule they want especially if it is beneficial to their bank account.
      true, but this would set a bad precedent if they made this exception for Spanos. If they were just waiting for Alex to pass to force Deano out because he's a feckless incompetent they didn't respect and makes ownership look bad, they never should have granted him permission to move. The guys with big $ like Blank, Kroenke, Jones who finance their own stadiums probably don't want all the loser owners moving to prop up club values and then simply cash out.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Chula Vista
        • OG Raider Hater
        • Send PM

Stay Salty.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Dean Spanos is the new Al Davis
          but hopefully the new-old Al Davis that moved to LA
          not the decaying vulture they propped up to draft in the early 2000s.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Screeme
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
            I think the Chargers in Portland would be nice. I know the city is trying to get another profesional team besides the trailblazers.
            I doubt this would happen. The city is really trying hard for a baseball team, and that's also a difficult sell.

That being said.. I would shit myself from happiness if this happened. Best case scenario for me. haha

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I think the Chargers in Portland would be nice. I know the city is trying to get another profesional team besides the trailblazers.
              the Seahawks will be for sale before the Chargers and relocation would be much easier since team already in NWest. They might even be able to keep their fan base too if they marketed themselves as a regional asset- much the same way Seatac serves Portland.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Chargers ticket prices reflect their lack of foothold in Los Angeles

Darin Gantt
                3 hours ago

Since the Chargers will be in Los Angeles for a few decadesLos Angeles Timesmore affordable price structure
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Chargers ticket prices reflect their lack of foothold in Los Angeles

Darin Gantt
                  3 hours ago

Since the Chargers will be in Los Angeles for a few decadesLos Angeles Timesmore affordable price structure
                  Sadly, those prices are "cheap" when in reality they are still too expensive for an awful lot of people.

Comment

• Screeme
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

the Seahawks will be for sale before the Chargers and relocation would be much easier since team already in NWest. They might even be able to keep their fan base too if they marketed themselves as a regional asset- much the same way Seatac serves Portland.
                    SeaTac serves Portland? Says who? I know the three hour drive is super convenient, compared to the international airport that's already in Portland, but typically, PDX seems much more popular

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Not sure what you mean when you say seatac serves Portland. I know that is Seattles airport but how exactly does it serve Portland?

Comment

• chris9341
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
                        I doubt this would happen. The city is really trying hard for a baseball team, and that's also a difficult sell.

That being said.. I would shit myself from happiness if this happened. Best case scenario for me. haha

I hate to say this but with Paul Allen passing away Hockey will most likely be the next professional sports team Portland gets and I would be all for that. I love Hockey. Paul Allen did not want to share the Moda center better known as the Rose Garden with a professional Hockey team. I know the winterhawks are pretty popular up here but there is no reason wwe can't support both teams. Now the problem with football or baseball is where are you going to build the stadium. Theres not really alot of open land in downtown portland to build the stadium. Unless they build the stadium in say Beaverton.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I hate to say this but with Paul Allen passing away Hockey will most likely be the next professional sports team Portland gets and I would be all for that. I love Hockey. Paul Allen did not want to share the Moda center better known as the Rose Garden with a professional Hockey team. I know the winterhawks are pretty popular up here but there is no reason wwe can't support both teams. Now the problem with football or baseball is where are you going to build the stadium. Theres not really alot of open land in downtown portland to build the stadium. Unless they build the stadium in say Beaverton.
                          But what team is that going to be?
                          Seattle is going to get the next expansion team & that will put the NHL at 32 teams.
                          If somebody relocates, it will probably be AZ, and they would probably try to go to Hamilton or Quebec since they've both been trying to get teams for a while. There's a good collection of speculation and the time lines of this stuff here too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potent...ague_expansion

Comment

Working...
                          X