• Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sadly, those prices are "cheap" when in reality they are still too expensive for an awful lot of people.
      Turd fan pricing
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

SeaTac serves Portland? Says who? I know the three hour drive is super convenient, compared to the international airport that's already in Portland, but typically, PDX seems much more popular
        My brother lives in Portland, and when I visited told me it was much preferred to use Seatac. There are far more flights there to/from major hubs than PDX when searching for flights. I was based in San Diego then and he had relocated from CA and the Seatac choice worked out great. When my wife and I did an Alaskan cruise when based in SD, they had choices of stopover in PDX or Seatac in the route to Anchorage and the layover was much shorter and prices actually cheaper than a stop in PDX and my wife has family in AK and they always bypass PDX- so from my perspective Seatac appears to be the way to go. I've used both airports over the years, and my comparison would be it's like using San Jose to avoid SF International with PDX being San Jose and Seatac being SF in the scenario. Similar to SD vs. LAX too. Now if you LIVE closer to PDX and find convenient flights to your destinations that fit your needs- that's great- but it's not necessarily the case for those of us not based there and not wanting long layovers and fewer flight choices because PDX is more of a spoke, than hub, airport.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

No one in Portland drives 3 hours to wait in the I-5 SeaTac traffic another hour to catch a flight they can catch at PDX.

Comment

• Screeme
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            No one in Portland drives 3 hours to wait in the I-5 SeaTac traffic another hour to catch a flight they can catch at PDX.
            This... The only time i have ever found myself in Seattle airport is because Alaska has a hub there. I would never drive to Seattle for a flight.

San Jose airport adds a half hour/hour to your drove time versus San Francisco. Your comparison is closer to saying LAX serves San Diego.

I've lived here for awhile now (almost 30 years) o have never meta single person who considers Seatac as serving Portland.
            Last edited by Screeme; 10-20-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Yeah, IF you can conveniently catch that flight you want at PDX. We did the drive in non-peak hours and it was easy. There's also a train option according to my bro. Multiple times over the years we had to drive from SD to LAX in heavy traffic to get a flight to a major destination, so what's the big deal? All the locals stoned and lazy and can't drive a little?

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

This... The only time i have ever found myself in Seattle airport is because Alaska has a hub there. I would never drive to Seattle for a flight.

San Jose airport adds a half hour/hour to your drove time versus San Francisco. Your comparison is closer to saying LAX serves San Diego.

I've lived here for awhile now (almost 30 years) o have never meta single person who considers Seatac as serving Portland.
                I found lots more options to my liking flying into SeaTac, and use Alaska as my #1 choice typically. It's been my experience that flying into secondary airports almost always adds transfer delays on the ground nearly equal to the drive time you guys are complaining about.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Moderator note.... Even though if SEA v. PDX is interesting for travel, it's off topic. If the Chargers decide to move there, maybe, but the topic is if the team is viable in LA. Not a big deal, but you guys made your points.

Comment

• Screeme
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Moderator note.... Even though if SEA v. PDX is interesting for travel, it's off topic. If the Chargers decide to move there, maybe, but the topic is if the team is viable in LA. Not a big deal, but you guys made your points.
                    Because nobody EVER discusses off topic in these threads.. never ever..

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Because nobody EVER discusses off topic in these threads.. never ever..
                      Lol, well put.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Bolt-O commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just doing the job, lol.
                    • La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Move em to San Antonio.......

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

"Bolt-O
                        #58.1
                        Bolt-O commented
                        Today, 09:41 AM
                        Just doing the job, lol."

Hey you do your thing, its a thankless job and I understand that. Unsolicited advice (take it/leave it its all good), save the mod redirection for the really bad stuff and let the lighter infractions go. This place is pretty cool and as long as the off topic stuff is slightly on topic and not inflammatory its probably not worth it;

Comment

Working...
                        X