• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Bolts are on the hook for $26 million even if Okung never recovers enough to play if he stays on he squad. A distinct possibility.

I don't know, but if the Bolts can get out of their contract with minimal cap hit and cash out, they have to do it.
    One notable difference between the NFI and PUP lists is that the team has the right to not pay base salary to a player on the NFI list. The idea is that if a player suffered his injury outside the purview of the team, they should not be responsible for his salary. However, teams will often work out deals with NFI players to pay some or all of their salary when there is a common understanding about the injury. This is particularly true with players who the team knows will go on the NFI list upon arrival to the team.
    The team does have time to make the decision.

Another thought, if the team does not have to pay him, keeping him on the team and on the team's health insurance plan is a probably the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 07-25-2019, 12:52 PM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I am not sure Melvin Gordon is a potential trade partner with Washington for OT Trent Williams because Washington is loaded with RB's Adrian Peterson, Samaje Perrion, Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, and drafted Bryce Love out of Stanford. Some how we need to make this trade period even if Okung is coming back, but if he has some set back we are starting Sam Tevi and Trent Scott????

Trent Williams may cost us a 3rd round pick, but if we can trade Gordon for a 3rd to a team like Miami, or Tampa Bay we would still have a 3rd round pick. Maybe a 4th rounder and a player like Jaylen Watkins or Jatavis Brown maybe enough to get Williams the Skin's are weak at Safety and Linebacker

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Venous Thromboembolism Within Professional American Sport Leagues

Meghan Bishop, MD,* Matthew Astolfi, MS,* Eric Padegimas, MD,* Peter DeLuca, MD, and Sommer Hammoud, MD

Author information Copyright and License information Disclaimer

This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.

Go to:
        Abstract

Background:

Numerous reports have described players in professional American sports leagues who have been sidelined with a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or a pulmonary embolism (PE), but little is known about the clinical implications of these events in professional athletes.

Purpose:

To conduct a retrospective review of injury reports from the National Hockey League (NHL), Major League Baseball (MLB), the National Basketball Association (NBA), and the National Football League (NFL) to take a closer look at the incidence of DVT/PE, current treatment approaches, and estimated time to return to play in professional athletes.

Study Design:

Descriptive epidemiology study.

Methods:

An online search of all team injury and media reports of DVT/PE in NHL, MLB, NBA, and NFL players available for public record was conducted by use of Google, PubMed, and SPORTDiscus. Searches were conducted using the professional team name combined with blood clot, pulmonary embolism, and deep vein thrombosis.

Results:

F = 5.69, P = .002). No significant difference was found regarding time of return to play between sports.

Conclusion:

VTE in professional athletes led to an average of 6.7 months lost from play. The majority of athletes were able to return to play after a period of anticoagulation or surgery. Those with an upper extremity DVT returned to play faster than those with other types of VTE. Further study is needed to look into modifiable risk factors for these events and to establish treatment and return-to-play guidelines to ensure the safety of these athletes.

Time to return to play after a PE, 4 months to 17 months.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Time to return to play after a PE, 4 months to 17 months.
          So basically it is time to get Trent Williams somehow!!!!!

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
            I am not sure Melvin Gordon is a potential trade partner with Washington for OT Trent Williams because Washington is loaded with RB's Adrian Peterson, Samaje Perrion, Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson, and drafted Bryce Love out of Stanford. Some how we need to make this trade period even if Okung is coming back, but if he has some set back we are starting Sam Tevi and Trent Scott????

Trent Williams may cost us a 3rd round pick, but if we can trade Gordon for a 3rd to a team like Miami, or Tampa Bay we would still have a 3rd round pick. Maybe a 4th rounder and a player like Jaylen Watkins or Jatavis Brown maybe enough to get Williams the Skin's are weak at Safety and Linebacker
            Washington's RB situation is not real stable. Adrian Peterson did put up over a thousand yards last season. But he is 34. Perrine and Guice are both talented injury messes and cannot be counted on. Gordon, even with the time he's missed, is the Philip Rivers of running backs compared to these two. Chris Thompson is unproven and Love is a rookie. While there is a lot of potential in that group, even without Peterson, it's not very stable IMO.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Would you trade Lamp for Trent Williams, straight up. Young guy with talent for old guy. They appear to want a 2nd rounder for him.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Would you trade Lamp for Trent Williams, straight up. Young guy with talent for old guy. They appear to want a 2nd rounder for him.
                Wow a second rounder dude is 31 and he is good but I would think you probably get 2-3 good years out of him and these Edge rushers get stronger and faster each year. I would go with a 3rd and a player or a 3rd and 6th round pick

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

No. We need to gain talent on the Oline not swap.
                  Trent is still a top 5-10 OT but he hasn't played a full 16 games in 6 years and only has 2 - 16 game seasons in his 9 year career. I would seriously consider trading our 2020 2nd round pick but would probably go no higher than a 3rd because of his age/injury history.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No. We need to gain talent on the Oline not swap.
                    Trent is still a top 5-10 OT but he hasn't played a full 16 games in 6 years and only has 2 - 16 game seasons in his 9 year career. I would seriously consider trading our 2020 2nd round pick but would probably go no higher than a 3rd because of his age/injury history.
                    I would bite the bullet on that one. We need some insurance at LT.....IMO that is now our top priority.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I would bite the bullet on that one. We need some insurance at LT.....IMO that is now our top priority.
                      You're correct OT is a huge need. 4 month minimum and could be year/career for Russel. So that is October at the earliest.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        All of a sudden the "loaded roster" isn't looking so loaded. Without Okung and Gordon the offense will in big trouble.
                        I'm not as worried about Gordon as I am about Okung. RB is a fungible position compared to quality OL.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Wasn't expecting Feeney to center idea:

Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney split first-team reps at LG, and Feeney got some first-team work at C. Lynn said Feeney could develop into a starting center in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                          X