• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

See what Tevi, Scott & Pipkens offer. I doubt Okung returns this season. If you went after Trent Williams hard now, the price goes up - Washington would ask for a first round pick.

Honestly, if Tevi, Scott & Pipkens live up to expectations (& no Gordon), the Chargers are in big trouble. You give up a 2nd for a 1 - 2 year rental when the window is open. It's a gamble, but they have no choice.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He traded for Anthony McFarland mid season in 2006 - gave up a 2nd round draft pick. McFarland solidified the Colts run defense.
      MG III is a holdout demanding a trade.

Booger was different.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

MG III is a holdout demanding a trade.

Booger was different.
        I was thinking about the gap at LT and Trent Williams perhaps being available

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I was thinking about the gap at LT and Trent Williams perhaps being available
          Agreed !

I would trade a #2 for him given our circumstances, as has been proposed..

Trading Gordon is a slippery slope.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

I think trading Gordon would only be considered that if he had been a 100% contributor for 2 or 3 years. His modus operandi with injuries leads me to look at value available for an asset that does not have a track record of solid performance. Listen to the offers and if someone wants to pay a great price or even overpay, then BOOM!!!

My 2 cents

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

See what Tevi, Scott & Pipkens offer. I doubt Okung returns this season. If you went after Trent Williams hard now, the price goes up - Washington would ask for a first round pick.

Honestly, if Tevi, Scott & Pipkens live up to expectations (& no Gordon), the Chargers are in big trouble. You give up a 2nd for a 1 - 2 year rental when the window is open. It's a gamble, but they have no choice.
              Im gonna bet not only he does, but he's back by week 4. (absolutely zero reason for any of that - just in the mood for an internet zero-dollar bet). my marker is down. TT is not going to sign a high-cost late-life OL malcontent. he'll rummage in the cast-off bins in a couple weeks is my bet.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Talk about Okung missing the season is conjecture and speculation. Nobody in the Chargers' organization has even suggested this possibility. Telesco has known about Okung's prognosis since May. If Okung were in danger of missing the season, Telesco would have been all over it two months ago finding a replacement. The fact that he hasn't brought in a veteran left tackle indicates to me they believe Okung will be playing this season.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

I was worried about the OL BEFORE the Okung news. I hope Lynn sees & knows of something I don't. Like Lamp is about to have a Pro Bowl year... something like that.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                    Talk about Okung missing the season is conjecture and speculation. Nobody in the Chargers' organization has even suggested this possibility. Telesco has known about Okung's prognosis since May. If Okung were in danger of missing the season, Telesco would have been all over it two months ago finding a replacement. The fact that he hasn't brought in a veteran left tackle indicates to me they believe Okung will be playing this season.
                    Early June. I hope you're right. Everything I've read on the subject, since Russell's explanation tweet, says minimum 4 months best case and career ended worse case. Hopefully the youngins step up and perform at solid to high levels of effort, proficiency, effectiveness, and nasty physicality!
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Early June. I hope you're right. Everything I've read on the subject, since Russell's explanation tweet, says minimum 4 months best case and career ended worse case. Hopefully the youngins step up and perform at solid to high levels of effort, proficiency, effectiveness, and nasty physicality!
                      Who is saying minimum four months? That is opinion, not coming from Okung or the Chargers.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Who is saying minimum four months? That is opinion, not coming from Okung or the Chargers.
                        It is the medical recovery timetable for a PE.
                        GOOGLE it.

Cost NFL OL Clint Boiling his career this offseason (retired).
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Case could be made, a journeyman OL guy would have been a good allocation of FA $$, even at an inflated price. I'm happy with Tyrod, but Scott and Tevi and a developmental pick, dang. TT has a lot riding on this offseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X