Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Please, we do not need anyone named Manning on our roster!
    I agree....and nothing against the kid but let's hold off on picking any Moutons for awhile.
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

I don't think he has mucked anything up. He is just not ready to take over. He needs to improve in a lot of areas, and he has played pretty well, but has a way to go. Reinhart and even Clary are probably both going to go into TC as the starters, and probably won't have really serious competition. But I do thin they will have some competition, setting things up for next season as much as this season.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Troutman definitely has some work to do in pass protection, but I do think he showed he could be an eventual starter possibly taking over for Clary in 2015. In any case, he was a solid backup last year that allowed the team to continue to play at a high level on offense. Continuity on the O line can only lead to improved play. Add in some youth and keep building it up.

Of all our players, I would probably want Dunlap to be extended next. Just looking at the OT prices that are being thrown around right now, seems like we can get him to add a few years at some reasonable prices.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yah troutman did really well filling in for rinehart. He showed difference making ability as a run blocker. Yeah he made some dumb mistakes but he was essentially a rookie. The playoff game was his first time playing right guard. Don't know what the coaches were thinking with that move, but he did settle down in the second half.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Please, we do not need anyone named Manning on our roster!
            I'd be willing to give Peyton a vet minimum contract to hold the clipboard while Rivers is on the field.
            Adipose

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              Troutman definitely has some work to do in pass protection, but I do think he showed he could be an eventual starter possibly taking over for Clary in 2015. In any case, he was a solid backup last year that allowed the team to continue to play at a high level on offense. Continuity on the O line can only lead to improved play. Add in some youth and keep building it up.

Of all our players, I would probably want Dunlap to be extended next. Just looking at the OT prices that are being thrown around right now, seems like we can get him to add a few years at some reasonable prices.
              I agree with most of what you are saying. 2 minor quips
              1). I still want to see Dunlap get through next season. How much he gets will depend on how healthy he is, and I am thinking mostly concussion here.
              2). Most zone coaches I know don't care about the better run blocker playing RG so much. Let him win whatever OG spot he can, we can fill in around.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

I'm not too concerned about the concussions to be honest. It's just a random occurrence that any player can suffer. If I'm not mistaken it was Dunlap's first time suffering concussions and he got it from being knee'd in the head - the first time at least.

In any case, you can build in injury protection to the extension that protects the team. Dunlap's play IMO was fantastic last year though. He took it to a completely new level and just fit in our system for what we needed. I don't see the need in trying to replace him when he's still relatively young and has shown he can produce at a close to elite level in our system. Use that 1st/2nd round draft pick on one of the other multiple holes we have.

It's all about long term risk/reward, we can sign him at likely bargain prices for a starting caliber LT before he gets another year under his belt and increases his value on the market.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Or maybe wait and see if he can have a year without concussions.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Or maybe wait and see if he can have a year without concussions.
                    Which will sky rocket his price tag and is exactly the opposite of what would be accomplished by extending him now. Again, you can add in injury protection to contracts.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Which will sky rocket his price tag and is exactly the opposite of what would be accomplished by extending him now. Again, you can add in injury protection to contracts.
                      So you give him 18 mill guaranteed and he takes an injury retirement next year? That's pretty risky too. There's no easy answer to this one.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Who is giving him 18 million guaranteed? I said bargain contract that adds some years and gives him a bump on his 2.5 mill he gets this year.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Good signing, as almost everyone has said. Now, we need to lock up Tutu (shouldn't be too difficult) and Reggie Williams (which might be an issue). Not sure what the plan is with Clary, despite all the posts "proving" this or that. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                          X