• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Looking forward to Derwin's return, but Melvin I am kind of weary of what kind of player he is going to be because he will not be playing for the money he wants. It is like going to a job your not happy with the pay you do just enough or bare minimum till you can get the job that will pay you what you are looking for. I know the other train of thought is he will go all out to get that contract he wants from some team, but can you give it your all when you are disgruntled?

Didn't Vincent Jackson held out the one year and came back week 10 he had like two good games and the other games he wasn't focused and then had a hamstring issue?
    If he doesn't want to give his all, then he can sit his happy ass on the sideline and watch Ek and JJ carry the rock.:dunno:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

How do u know what the terms are? Only been reported offer was between 10 amd 11MM.

He can also buy term insurance. Many have before and will in the future. IMO he thinks he should be paid in the upper echelon, but he has only 1 efficient top production season and has missdd 1/4 of 3 seasons. If he was a top echelon back, his agents would have found a viable trade. They still.might from SF or Tampa, or if another back goes down.
      If Zeke had been allowed to seek a deal with any team ... i suspect he would have had offers in quick fashion. MG is a perfectly good starting RB, he is just not Zeke. Such a shame he doesn't know it.

he should have played for $5.6M and asked the team to buy him an insurance rider in the event of career ending injury and add a no-tag clause. He'd play, make a really nice bump, and protect for his freedom run next year. $6M is not like playing for league-min ... those are not plantation wages ... its serious coin Mel!
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Zeke had been allowed to seek a deal with any team ... i suspect he would have had offers in quick fashion. MG is a perfectly good starting RB, he is just not Zeke. Such a shame he doesn't know it.

he should have played for $5.6M and asked the team to buy him an insurance rider in the event of career ending injury and add a no-tag clause. He'd play, make a really nice bump, and protect for his freedom run next year. $6M is not like playing for league-min ... those are not plantation wages ... its serious coin Mel!
        Not sure why the team would buy him an insurance policy, since his indication is to leave as a FA . I agree in the tag waive.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Not sure why the team would buy him an insurance policy, since his indication is to leave as a FA . I agree in the tag waive.
          Actually, Mel could buy his own professional athlete insurance in case of career-ending injury. Here's a company that underwrites such policies:

Every athlete knows how important being insured is! AFIG Professional Athlete Insurance provides high limit disability for professional & college athletes.

Comment

• alex8080
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

i don't recall the specific rules, but if gordon needs to play 6 games for the year to accumulate 1 year, can lac refuse him at that time because he chose not to play?
            yes, the union will have its say. just talking about facts

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
              i don't recall the specific rules, but if gordon needs to play 6 games for the year to accumulate 1 year, can lac refuse him at that time because he chose not to play?
              yes, the union will have its say. just talking about facts
              What do you mean by refuse?

Bolts can choose not to play him but he'll get credit for the games he is here.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

I read somewhere where he already has 4 years of service and doesn't need to show at all this year to leave in FA next year. Oh well.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                  I read somewhere where he already has 4 years of service and doesn't need to show at all this year to leave in FA next year. Oh well.
                  U read incorrect information.

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I'd go ahead and stop reading content from that hack, it ain't true at all.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I'd go ahead and stop reading content from that hack, it ain't true at all.
                      Sorry I should have provided my source.

"Unlike Ezekiel Elliott, Gordon is on his fifth-year option as a first-round draft pick from 2015. He has already accrued four years of service time, so he'll be eligible for free agency after the season no matter how long he holds out. "

Its under the "Gordon At Least has some leverage" section.

Comment

• maurile
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

U read incorrect information.
                        It's half right. Gordon does already have four Accrued Seasons and doesn't need any more. (And the six games thing is completely irrelevant to players under contract. He'd have needed to report by August 6 to get an Accrued Season.)

He can't sit out all year like Le'Veon Bell did, though. Bell wasn't under contract, so he was a free agent as soon as the franchise tag expired. Gordon, on the other hand, is under contract, so he can't be a free agent until his contract ends. And his contract won't end if he doesn't play. There's some question about how many games he has to play, but the most logical reading of paragraph 16 of the standard player contract suggests that he can't hold out for more than eight games.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Sorry I should have provided my source.

"Unlike Ezekiel Elliott, Gordon is on his fifth-year option as a first-round draft pick from 2015. He has already accrued four years of service time, so he'll be eligible for free agency after the season no matter how long he holds out. "

Its under the "Gordon At Least has some leverage" section.
                          MGIII is still under his 5th year option in his contract. The 5th year doesn't go away if he simply decides not to play. He must report by week 10 to get credit for the season and for filling his contract. If he doesn't he will still be under the Chargers control on his contract. This could include all fines occurred during this season.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X