• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

In video chat, Gordon says he'll play 'somewhere'

COSTA MESA, Calif. -- In a video chat with his Instagram followers on Tuesday, Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon said he's "going to play somewhere" this season and that "it would be a waste of talent" if he did not.

Gordon also said that although the Chargers finished 12-4 in L.A. and reached the postseason in 2018, last year "was good, but nobody [fans in L.A.] cared."

Gordon continues to hold out because of a contract impasse with the Chargers. Gordon's representation asked for and was granted permission by the Chargers to pursue a trade, but so far no deal has materialized with another team.

In a video chat with his Instagram followers on Tuesday, Chargers running back holdout Melvin Gordon said it would be "a waste of talent" if he didn't play this season.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

The "nobody in LA cared" line is troubling. I wonder if that's how other guys on the team feel?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        The "nobody in LA cared" line is troubling. I wonder if that's how other guys on the team feel?
        It wouldn't surprise me, especially those who actually lived in San Diego before the move. He might like his teammates better than his actual location.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          I think that's probably in reference to the number of Charger fans at the games. Or should I say the number of Charger fans not at the games.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think that's probably in reference to the number of Charger fans at the games. Or should I say the number of Charger fans not at the games.
            The really weird thing was I went ti the Rams Charger game last year and the fans were about 60-40 at the Coliseum in favor of the Rams. There were so many more Charger fans there than at an actual home game.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Gordon is a really nice guy. I've been lucky to meet a few athletes in my life including other former Chargers (Quentin Jammer, Eric Weddle, Brandon Manumaleuna, and saw Antonio Gates but didn't get to take a picture or actually talk with him) and Gordon is by far the one with the least amount of ego.

Talking to him literally felt like just talking to some guy at a bar about football. And I've heard great things about his family and the charitable work they do as well.

I'm not a super big fan of paying Gordon top 5 RB money because he isn't that and he's closer to top 10 or top 15 RB but regardless I hope he gets paid somewhere else.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Nothing on MG, the person. I think he's being led down the wrong path by his agents, or he over-estimates his value.. as do many pro athletes.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Nothing on MG, the person. I think he's being led down the wrong path by his agents, or he over-estimates his value.. as do many pro athletes.
                  I would agree 100% with this. Of course he wants to get paid but I agree his agents are the real problem here. He should fire them and sue them for malpractice. That would be a good way to supplement his income.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Gordon is 25 years old for christ sakes
                    when you're a grown ass man
                    you're responsible for your own actions
                    we need to stop blaming the agents- we know they're scum bags
                    Scumbag agents are doing what scumbag agents do, look out for themselves
                    end of the day, only MG is responsible for the advice he follows
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Gordon is 25 years old for christ sakes
                      when you're a grown ass man
                      you're responsible for your own actions
                      we need to stop blaming the agents- we know they're scum bags
                      Scumbag agents are doing what scumbag agents do, look out for themselves
                      end of the day, only MG is responsible for the advice he follows
                      This. Done with him.

Comment

• assman3000
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

It seems like he's taken too far, lost against TT, losing fans by the second and is now just trying to save face by holding his ground.
                        It's gotta be all ego at this point. Doesn't want to walk into the locker room with his head down and have all the sports headlines being about him losing the battle.
                        All i'm telling myself is "eeek will be pretty banged up by week 11, then MG will take over as well as DJ and get us to the SB..

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post
                          It seems like he's taken too far, lost against TT, losing fans by the second and is now just trying to save face by holding his ground.
                          It's gotta be all ego at this point. Doesn't want to walk into the locker room with his head down and have all the sports headlines being about him losing the battle.
                          All i'm telling myself is "eeek will be pretty banged up by week 11, then MG will take over as well as DJ and get us to the SB..
                          I know he's been working out but how often do we see a guy in this situation come back and get hurt from the lack of game speed.

Maybe he'll be fresh instead, who knows. But it's no guarantee he comes in and tears it up.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X