• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

well I'm glad TT pulled the plug on the deal. I didnt think mg was worth 10m per for 4 yrs. If they wanted to pay him this year an extra 3 mil and that was it then I'd be OK with that. bilbo can go back to the shire and see if gandolf will take mg.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      This should be the moment that MG realizes his reps failed with their approach and he needs to fire them and report or fire them and work quickly on a new deal. It's not gonna get better now
      ^^^hello MG??? read this bro^^^

(BTW I love the Warren Zevon reference)

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Send PM

I like impact players at RB. What's Ajayi up to?
        Isn't Jay an MG injury clone? lots of missed games if memory serves

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Send PM

image.png
          Jay's 4 years in the league per Sportrac. Decent 4+ yards per attempt

Comment

• bolthead123
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • San Diego
            • I work in IT.
            • Send PM

This should be the moment that MG realizes his reps failed with their approach and he needs to fire them and report or fire them and work quickly on a new deal. It's not gonna get better now
            Exactly. They really screwed this up for him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Isn't Jay an MG injury clone? lots of missed games if memory serves
              He is coming off a Oct torn ACL. He is also one that will get a call when someone goes down...if he is healthy to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                hard ball

This is the best news involving Gordon all offseason. He is not worth the $10M per season he was being offered, so I am glad that TT pulled the offer. It was awesome that TT stated that when or if Melvin reports, he will play this season under his current contract. Ekeler, Jackson and Pope will be fine handlg the RB load for the most part. They might consider getting a bigger back for short yardage/goal line situations, but other than that one concern, I think the team is in great shape at RB and does not need Gordon at all.

I think Gordon and his agents completely screwed the pooch when they passed on 4 years at $10M per season (assuming that a reasonable portion of that money was guaranteed). The idea that Gordon is worth $13M-$14M per season is just ridiculous.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

Not sure the RB position is worth $10M + anymore. Then you have these sort of headaches .Gordon did score 14TDs LY though. You can look at FA this year and you can get someone decent like Mark Ingram for $5m, Tevin Coleman for $4.2M or even Lesean McCoy for $3M.

It is possible a committee of Eckler and one of the above could replace most of the 10 TDs rushing production and w the WRs pick up the receiving TDs at a savings of a few $M.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

Clock is ticking for MG. TT said in spirit report or u just continue to lose money and Jackson earns the starting role. Talk about negotiating yourself out of a big amount of money and loss of a game you love to play. Worked so well for Bell didnt it and he has twice the accolades and noninjury status.

i still like MG for his skills but he and his agents are just blowing this big time. Im fine with riding Jackson and Ek to the playoffs. If Jackson looks great and MG returns week 10 id let him ride the pine....hard to show off with big numbers when you arent getting touches. This is a team sport so get your ass in the building and contribute or enjoy sitting on your ass MG. You have a $6m contract...count your blessings dipshit....

off my soapbox

Comment

• Grinners
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      well I'm glad TT pulled the plug on the deal. I didnt think mg was worth 10m per for 4 yrs. If they wanted to pay him this year an extra 3 mil and that was it then I'd be OK with that. bilbo can go back to the shire and see if gandolf will take mg.
                      Frodo and TT get their Ring without MG

Comment

• Chuckeezy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2019
                        • Send PM

Is there anyone from the Eagles we can get for Gordon?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                          Clock is ticking for MG. TT said in spirit report or u just continue to lose money and Jackson earns the starting role. Talk about negotiating yourself out of a big amount of money and loss of a game you love to play. Worked so well for Bell didnt it and he has twice the accolades and noninjury status.

i still like MG for his skills but he and his agents are just blowing this big time. Im fine with riding Jackson and Ek to the playoffs. If Jackson looks great and MG returns week 10 id let him ride the pine....hard to show off with big numbers when you arent getting touches. This is a team sport so get your ass in the building and contribute or enjoy sitting on your ass MG. You have a $6m contract...count your blessings dipshit....

off my soapbox
                          I think Eke is the starter. JJ will get plenty of touches.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X