• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I was friends with the Cooneys for years. Had back door access to the data. I havnt heard from Jon what happened.

You can still see where they place rounds on prospects. But for the most part the data is gone.

​​​​​​http://www.draftscout.com/players.ph...XPos&order=ASC
    This happens every year.
    The data is pulled back for a while,
    Possibly to increase sales of The Draft Report.
    The info should be back up and available soon.

Rang + Brugler used to be the best.
    It is still a great site.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We need dline and LB.
      We can get by with the people we have. I would prefer we add some help, but it depends on who we add. That will always be the case.

No NFL team, even the teams who win championships (especially multiple championships) have perfect rosters. It has never happened, and it never will.

Teams are better off with impact players at the wrong position then adding just a guy at the right position.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

We can get by with the people we have. I would prefer we add some help, but it depends on who we add. That will always be the case.

No NFL team, even the teams who win championships (especially multiple championships) have perfect rosters. It has never happened, and it never will.

Teams are better off with impact players at the wrong position then adding just a guy at the right position.
        I believe we like continuity in our Oline. It could be that we address other needs primarily.

Agreed about rosters.

Here we are @ #4 Power Ranking. Today.

Remember before NE, when we were labeled the most complete roster out of 32 ?

I could get behind a trade up in round 1 for an ass kicking 3TECH.
        Then deal with depth issues.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          Okung-Feeney-Pouncey-Lamp-Schofield/Tevi
          Feeney was disappointing; Lamp has not played a meaningful snap in the NFL; Pouncey wore down as the season progressed and has a degenerative hip; Okung is getting up there in age; Schofield is a quality backup; Tevi is still a work in progress.

If that is being set:

Perryman, Davis, Nwosu, White - that looks pretty darn set to me

Jones, Mebane, some big slob with a beer belly - rock solid

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This happens every year.
            The data is pulled back for a while,
            Possibly to increase sales of The Draft Report.
            The info should be back up and available soon.

Rang + Brugler used to be the best.
            It is still a great site.
            They could be updating the data. But typically in the past i would never get the server page. The fact JC hasnt responded to my FB message tells me something may be different this year.

I hope you are right though.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

I concur good sir.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                Great White North
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

That's a good way to look at it, regardless of position, that impact whether it be an 80yard catch, fourth quarter INT, strip sack, etc. Is much more important than just another guy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I dispute it !
                  Here's why.
                  Dre'Mont Jones @ 28.
                  Is he just a guy ?
                  More like a slight overdraft
                  based upon low-medium floor,
                  high ceiling.
                  We will be helpless defensively without inside pressure.
                  Most assuredly PON.

We play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I think what Jamrock is saying is that based on a typical time frame for a player to develop we are set on the OL. Typically a player gets 3 years to develop and you make an assessment. Its probable that Telesco and the staff feels Feeney going into his 3rd year will only get better. And Lamp will finally have a camp. Tevi will show his progress as well.

So my guess is that Feeney, Lamp and Tevi are expected to show why Telesco drafted them. Its that crucial 3rd year where a kid really starts to show growth.

The interior OL was actually very solid until the last quarter of the season. Maybe they hit a wall. I dont know. But they sucked late in the season. Gordon playing injured didnt help matters.

As a GM you have to be confident in your picks and confident they will be developed. I dont know how many picks i have seen from us over the years that didnt work out on the OL. I have to think we tend to struggle developing OL. And that Telesco isnt that bad. Maybe a combo of the 2.

The thing with Telesco though is that i think he is always forward thinking. Drafting players to take the place of free agents coming up in the future. Like MW for Tyrell. I was a little surprised we went with Mike in that draft. Maybe if a LT is there he is viewed as a replacement for Okung. Just a thought. A guy that can push Tevi at RT. He loves building through the draft and adding depth to create competition.

So on paper i have to wonder if this staff believes the OL pieces are in place. The draft picks have been used to create a stud OL in theory. Okung was a monster free agent signing. Lamp and Feeney were considered the best OGs in the draft and are behind the curve. Pouncey was a big pick up and Quessenbury is developing. Schofield is versatile and can play RT/RG. The investment has been made. The patience while waiting for the yield has to be part of any GMs make up. I expect that the team isnt panicked yet over those players they drafted high. And are expecting the dividends this year from that 3 year investment.

I think we are still in a position OL wise to let the draft come to us. My concern is at DT. We have 2 players. Its such a huge need at this point that going into the draft we are almost forced to reach for a guy because we are so thin.

This is why i tend to think we bring in a guy. Maybe even Liuget. Prior to the draft. But on the flipside is the 2nd wave of free agency. This draft has so many solid DTs that teams may end up dropping higher priced guys and replacing them with this years draft picks. Thats where you can really find value with those post June 1 cuts.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I don't disagree with the view Fleet has completely, only that we can afford to be patient with young players who are developing when you have many spots to fill.

We are running out of spots to fill, so I think we have to be less patient.

I agree, that I think TT thinks they will eventually develop. I feel that way. I just don't think we can sit still and wait for it to happen. We need to jump start it a bit by bringing in competition to force them to develop under fire.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I don't disagree with the view Fleet has completely, only that we can afford to be patient with young players who are developing when you have many spots to fill.

We are running out of spots to fill, so I think we have to be less patient.

I agree, that I think TT thinks they will eventually develop. I feel that way. I just don't think we can sit still and wait for it to happen. We need to jump start it a bit by bringing in competition to force them to develop under fire.
                        Thats where i think we are. We dont have to reach for OL because we dont have investments already in the OL. We have the investments. And the 3 year threshold is an actual thing because players so often take off in that 3rd year. My point is that on paper i think Telesco feels we are set. Going into the 3rd year of 3 key OL and his expectations for these players that he scouted and drafted.

But if a stud OL is sitting there in the back of round 1? Fuck yeah. Take it. Upgrade RT and possibly have a LT to replace Okung. But still Okung at 16M per for the next 2 years is a steal. Maybe that OT can even push Feeney. Feeney as a back up is not that bad imo. He can also play Center. I absolutely think we add to the OL in the draft this year. My point is that Telesco wont feel as pressured to upgrade there if the value isnt there. I think Lamp and Feeney were classic value picks. Honestly i expect Lamp to come in an road grade. He showed it against the niners in pre. He struggled with some overloads in pass pro. But i think at this point its an IQ thing for him. Overthinking just enough to let the speed of the game be an issue. A full camp for that kid and im pretty excited. He alone may end up changing the dynamic of our interior.

I agree Steve....the interior killed us last year. And it needs to be upgraded. But when i think of an upgrade i also believe that another year for a player...is an upgrade. So much stuff just clicks between seasons. So much growth is learned. I experienced that with my own son in rugby. The skills were always there. But the IQ which in turn slows things down comes over time.

Im just a huge fan of Lamp. And i firmly believe he will change the interior of the OL. Im almost considering him a draft pick this year. lol

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Ok sounds like Draftscout is going through a makeover.

Comment

Working...
                          X