• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Agree Fleet. We have to be able to coach up and develop the guys we draft and sign. And they have to put in the work to improve. I keep coming back to coaching. NE doesn't have great prospects on the OL. They do have great coaching. When a guy like Nate Solder gets a huge contract to leave and completely busts it shows the value. Im expecting the same from Brown with the Raiders.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Ok sounds like Draftscout is going through a makeover.
      LOL.
      Suspicious timing ?
      Tried to warn you.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Agree Fleet. We have to be able to coach up and develop the guys we draft and sign. And they have to put in the work to improve. I keep coming back to coaching. NE doesn't have great prospects on the OL. They do have great coaching. When a guy like Nate Solder gets a huge contract to leave and completely busts it shows the value. Im expecting the same from Brown with the Raiders.
        So juicy if true.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Continuity with our coaches and their systems is a huge factor.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            My God that contract for Brown was shocking. The one thing te Pats have done over the last 15 years or so is throw a ton of picks at the trenches.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
              Suspicious timing ?
              Tried to warn you.
              Yeah i guess. lol It just felt different this year. I never actually didnt have access to the site over the years. This is the first cosmetic change in years. And i still think what i have access to and what others had access to is different.

Still getting this...

​​​​​​http://www.draftscout.com/members

The new site is not the same people. But someone who was part of the team. Should be ready this coming NCAA season.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 2.54.06 PM.png

Comment

• Shock&Awe
                Great White North
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

My God that contract for Brown was shocking. The one thing te Pats have done over the last 15 years or so is throw a ton of picks at the trenches.
                It's amazing what the Pats do year in and year out, find a guy for cheap, coach him up and then let him leave on an outrageous contract and get a free third round pick the next year. Even better when a team in your division allocates so much money to him.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post

It's amazing what the Pats do year in and year out, find a guy for cheap, coach him up and then let him leave on an outrageous contract and get a free third round pick the next year. Even better when a team in your division allocates so much money to him.
                  Yeah they work the comp picks better than anyone.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post

We need to start doing that. It would be helpful if we could do it across the board, and not just at one position.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

tough call(s) going into the draft,

one of the things @the top of my list, is that Tom was fairly emphatic about addressing LBs.... he's usually true to his word.

does that mean LB earlier than later.... Mack Wilson ??

and where is there head @w/signing Mebane ?? can't get the picture out of my mind w/a guard turning him into a whirling dervish, and bounced off him up into the second level unmolested, and.... don't like to read reports/stats where our D was better w/Brandon on the bench.

also haven't forgotten the season we went thru five centers.... who is Cole Toner, and did we dodge a bullet there ??

Okung and 'specially Pouncey, both had injury concerns/histories before being signed here.... do we have reinforcements sufficient enough @LT and the OC going forward ??

am cautiously optimistic 'bout Feeney heading into next season, and willing to hop on board the Lamp bandwagon, albeit to be honest, am leary/wary of his future success.

Schofiled is helpful, albeit doesn't get me excited, and have real reservations 'bout Q playing most anywhere on the Interior.

if we went McCoy, Cajuste and Isaiah Prince 1-2-3.... wouldn't bother me a bit.

do still want Stidham, and Dexter Lawrence def gives me pause w/the above.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

also have to add, and @the risk of making a mtn out of a mole hill, and in that 'twas only one game, and.... our lines were in disarray against NE.

Phil was under pressure 70 percent of the first half snaps and was completely underwhelming stat wise during those plays.

where do we need to plug the hole/insert a difference maker on the Oline ??

and we are set to pay Joey a king's ransom sometime sooner than later, and have paid Melvin and he will be due again, and.... those two didn't do squat that game, @least as would be expected of your Super ballers/highest paid All Pro Bowlers to be ASAPers.

what needs to happen there to free those guys up, or @least to reap the supposed rewards we have sitting there @DE/LEO ??

on the Dline, am fairly certain the answer is @NT.... I want Shelton (or Marcell Dareus type/similar), and would be willing to risk it w/Dex (in addition to one of the previously mentioned FAs).

and not so certain/sure where we sprung a leak on the offensive side of the ball, and.... agree that we might want to stay the course for @least another year w/the both of Dan and Forrest, albeit in no way shape or form am I certain that we are "set" w/the any of Sam, Mike or Russe!!

ps. and have no problem in picking up Oline insurance in the form of a Quinton Spain or similar, albeit again.... very tough decision for Mr. Telesco, given that the Q is one of his own, and supposedly has some sentimental ties to having been wanting to be a Charger for a long time in coming ??
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Yeah i guess. lol It just felt different this year. I never actually didnt have access to the site over the years. This is the first cosmetic change in years. And i still think what i have access to and what others had access to is different.

Still getting this...

​​​​​​http://www.draftscout.com/members

The new site is not the same people. But someone who was part of the team. Should be ready this coming NCAA season.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 2.54.06 PM.png
                          Yo, Brian.
                          Closed for maintenance at the height of draft season ?

Comment

Working...
                          X