• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Isn't anyone allowed to write for that if you sign up?
    did you check him out, or are you just insinuating he sucks without doing any research on the guy ??

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/04/04/mark-schofields-comps-that-matter-game-of-thrones-edition/
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/04/03/why-josh-rosen-deserves-a-second-chance-to-make-a-first-impression/
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

did you check him out, or are you just insinuating he sucks without doing any research on the guy ??

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/04/04/mark-schofields-comps-that-matter-game-of-thrones-edition/
        I tried, Couldn't find anything. I clicked on his Twitter and Facebook after clicking on his name from the article and it didn't do anything. On Twitter it just pasted his link to his article to my Twitter for me to post it.
        He lists no info about himself that I saw

​​​​​​I always try to check out the people who write on those type of sites.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Breer on Josh Rosen. I think the fact that he's able to push pass the noise and still show up for offseason program shows that he's not entirely the selfish player that some forum posters make him out to be.
          The 2019 draft is still more than two weeks away, but some quarterback-needy teams might already be thinking about next year (and maybe even the year after)—so here’s a quick look at some of the QBs who will likely be in the ’20 draft class. Also, inside Demarcus Lawrence’s contract negotiations, Josh Rosen showing up for the Cardinals’ offseason workouts, the biggest challenge ahead for Packers new coach Matt LaFleur and more. 

1. The Cardinals' offseason program kicks off on Monday, and I'm told that Josh Rosen does indeed plan to be in attendance. Additionally, I can tell you he's received no indication one way or the other on whether or not he'll still be on the team in a month or so. At this point all we can say is that how he's handled these rumors runs counter to some of the knocks on him that emerged last year. If he were selfish or not a team-first player, he probably would not show up until Arizona declares what's happening with the first pick--whether that comes on draft day or earlier. And you could argue that maybe he shouldn't show anyway--Browns RB Duke Johnson didn't show to his team's offseason program last week because his name has been floated in trade talks. The fact that Rosen will be there shows a level of professionalism.

So if Cardinals GM Steve Keim and company decide Kyler Murray is the guy, what kind of time constraints are they working with? If they're going to deal Rosen in 2019, it makes sense to do it before the draft. When Haskins, Lock, Jones and the draft's other QBs get picked, that will shorten the pool of suitors that could drive Rosen's value up. And as for the teams that have shown even the slightest interest in Rosen, I've been told the Dolphins, Redskins, Giants and Chargers have checked in.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

King thinks it's down to the Giants and Redskins:

Canvassing the league in recent days, I found two teams as favorites to acquire quarterback Josh Rosen, the 10th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, if Arizona chooses to draft Kyler Murray and trade Rosen. I believe if this does happen, Washington is in the best position to do the deal. It could come down to whether Washington is willing to give a second-round pick instead of the third-rounder that obviously it would prefer to trade for Rosen.

Where I think it's most likely Rosen could go:

1. Washington--Draft picks in top 100: 15, 46, 76, 96. Rosen would be an excellent scheme fit in the offense of coach Jay Gruden and offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell. Gruden liked Rosen coming out of UCLA, as did O'Connell. This is a heavy play-action team that likes to throw from the pocket--both strengths of Rosen--and also likes throwing to the tight end. That's up Rosen's alley. Seems like the best match of need and availability. Interesting thing about potential compensation. I doubt the Cardinals will have an offer of a 2019 top-50 pick for Rosen; so close to the draft, teams hate parting with high picks. Mike Lombardi, former front-office exec with several teams, told me the other day that first-round picks are like new cars--once you drive one off the lot and own it even for a short time, it's not worth nearly what it was when you bought it. That's why I think Washington could try to hold out and pay Arizona the 76th overall pick instead of the 46th.

2. New York Giants--Draft picks in top 100: 6, 17, 37, 95. Unlikely that GM Dave Gettleman will give the 37th pick for Rosen, in part because of value and in part because the Giants really aren't sure if all the noise about Rosen being difficult has any merit. But the Giants are an option because coach Pat Shurmur is a play-action devotee and likes his quarterback to throw with timing and rhythm. That's Rosen's game. Having Eli Manning for one more season would allow Rosen to learn behind a great preparer and very smart player. So how can the Giants make a deal like this, with no pick between early in the second round and very late in the third round? (I'd be very surprised if Arizona would consider Rosen for the 95th pick.) Well, the Giants could offer a second-round pick in 2020, or try to deal the 17th overall pick in some package that would include high second and third-round picks. But dealing for Rosen could allow the Giants to use three picks in the top 40 this year to do what Gettleman really wants to do: continue to build both lines while addressing the post-Eli QB life.

3. Denver--Draft picks in the top 100: 10, 41, 71. Unlikely. But because the Broncos will take a young quarterback this year or next, you can't eliminate them from consideration.

4. Miami--Draft picks in the top 100: 13, 48, 78. The Dolphins quarterback plans are shrouded in secrecy; Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Chad O'Shea have learned well from Bill Belichick. But I'm told the only way the Dolphins go for any quarterback is if they're convinced that he's going to be the answer for the next 10 years. Hard to imagine feeling that after watching Rosen last year--admittedly under constant duress behind a bad offensive line in Arizona.

I'd eliminate New England; just don't sense the interest there. I'd all but eliminate the Chargers; Philip Rivers seems primed to play at least two more years, and they just gave Tyrod Taylor $6 million guaranteed over the next two years.

Washington makes the most sense. We'll see if the former NFC East partners can make this happen.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

the more I read/research on Rosen, the more I'm convinced that he's a great get/gambit for someone (not named the Carson Chargers ....

personally think NY is well served to go after him w/17 if not their six overall, and....

would throw/toss another name into the derby.... Green Bay.

again the more I glean, the more this dude is worth your #30, if not your twelve overa!!

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                the more I read/research on Rosen, the more I'm convinced that he's a great get/gambit for someone (not named the Carson Chargers ....

personally think NY is well served to go after him w/17 if not their six overall, and....

would throw/toss another name into the derby.... Green Bay.

again the more I glean, the more this dude is worth your #30, if not your twelve overa!!
                Agreed, I'm the cardinals in the forum mock and open to trade requests.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Is it just me or is this gonna be the craziest draft in years?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Was listening to some talking heads on ESPN and their take was that there is a growing sentiment that the Cards may not move on from Rosen after all and take Bosa or Williams. Who knows - liars month, and all.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Agreed, I'm the cardinals in the forum mock and open to trade requests.
                      Wait...wut ?
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Was listening to some talking heads on ESPN and their take was that there is a growing sentiment that the Cards may not move on from Rosen after all and take Bosa or Williams. Who knows - liars month, and all.
                        Did they get a hold of my draft plans!

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Wait...wut ?
                          It means pony up for Rosen!

Comment

Working...
                          X