• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    This is just how the game is played. Any team that wants him is going to try to get him on the cheap. After the season you tell the Cards, he has potential but is flawed. It is just like telling a car dealer that your dream car is a nice ride, but you are kinda worried about..... something. You don't give a damn about the something, you just say it to make the salesmen think you are willing to walk and start making him think about how low he will go to make the sale. Trading for Rosen is no different. You play the game.

If some team was in love with Rosen, they would have offered a #1 for him already. No team wants to give up a #1 pick if they can help it. They don't really want to give up a quality pick, but at some point you have to realize that you have to give up something for a guy that has decent value as a player and is cheap. In my mind, the 1st and 2nd round picks we really want to add help and a couple of impact players to put us in a position to compete for the AFC West. If the Cards want a 1st, and don't want our 3rd, then fine, let them get it from someone else.

If the Cards aren't getting what they want, they are going to play the game by being unhurried. The value for Rosen is pretty flat until minicamps start. They will want to wait and see what a team get via the draft, and who might still need a QB. Those teams may rethink what they want to spend, and so AZ is going to wait. A team like Washington is not going to want to trade for Rosen if they can get a rookie they like via the draft, they will want to wait it out and see what they get. If they can add more help with their draft but can't get a QB, and then trade next years #1 (think 2nd round value), and AZ goes for it, it works out pretty well for Washinton. Same for the Giants and Dolphins. And NE looking for value at backup QB.
    The closer the Cards get to the draft, the more devalued Rosen will become. Cards need to unload him soon, or cut some deal.
    Any 1rst rookie qb that did not perform up to expectations, is no longer a first rounder.

Talk in San Fran in 2005 was to trade their #1 for Rivers & San Diego's #11 pick.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm still not sold on the Bolts making an offer on Rosen, even after the Cards offer a discounted price later on...they have Tyrod whom Lynn really clicks with, and do you really see the Chargers carrying THREE QB's?
      Didn't they carry 3 last year Topcat?

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

We actually have a GIPHY plug in. Simply type in clapping and it brings up all sorts of gifs.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 12.06.30 PM.png
        Thanks. I was trying to figure it out.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Didn't they carry 3 last year Topcat?
          No. The Bolts only carried 2 quarterbacks last year--Rivers and Geno. Cardale was on the PS all year long. Bolts have carried 3 QB's only once in the past 5 seasons. I'm guessing the next time they carry 3 QB's is when they draft Rivers's replacement; groom him during PR's last year; and keep Tyrod as insurance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_L...hargers_season

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No. The Bolts only carried 2 quarterbacks last year--Rivers and Geno. Cardale was on the PS all year long. Bolts have carried 3 QB's only once in the past 5 seasons. I'm guessing the next time they carry 3 QB's is when they draft Rivers's replacement; groom him during PR's last year; and keep Tyrod as insurance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_L...hargers_season
            Will it be this year after moving up for Dan Jones?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

No because they aren't doing that.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

If you really think they want a QB, I figure either Jones, Lock, or Haskins will be there...and if they arent, that's one more good player to choose from....unless your Beachcomber, in which case Stidham will be there...lol

I don't think we are in the QB market this year...but I wouldn't be blindsided by a QB pick in the first, either. You just never know. But I really doubt moving up...
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Nope. redskins have the 45th pick, we have the 56th. The only way it works is if Tommy T throws extra picks at AZ. Not happening. If the redskins choose a qb at #15 though, all bets are off lol.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/4/3/18293446/arizona-cardinals-revolutionize-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-kyler-murray

ps. the Pats have pick #56 (& #64).... we have pick #60 round two.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

If you really think they want a QB, I figure either Jones, Lock, or Haskins will be there...and if they arent, that's one more good player to choose from....unless your Beachcomber, in which case Stidham will be there...lol

I don't think we are in the QB market this year...but I wouldn't be blindsided by a QB pick in the first, either. You just never know. But I really doubt moving up...
                      one of the better reviews/analyses of Stidham's game/potential fit....

http://www.bigblueview.com/2019/4/5/18295831/2019-nfl-draft-scouting-quarterbacks-jarrett-stidham-auburn-ny-giants

I would expect him now to be selected sometime on Friday of the draft.

Stidham has the tools to become a starter in this league, it is just a matter of getting him into the right offense and situations, with some weapons around him, to achieve early success.

For a team that is looking to develop a future starter, and not draft an immediate one, Stidham would be a solid value selection.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/4/3/18293446/arizona-cardinals-revolutionize-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-kyler-murray

ps. the Pats have pick #56 (& #64).... we have pick #60 round two.
                        thanks

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          Isn't anyone allowed to write for that if you sign up?
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-08-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X