• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
    Makes you wonder why Rivers deal hasn't been done yet.
    Either way giving up a late 2nd this year for a top 10 QB last year seems like a no brainer.

Even if Rosen has to take over next year...this is a loaded roster already AND would be sitting on 100 million in cap space.
    Cap space! I figure they are waiting til after the draft and any FA moves after. It'lI get done this year.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I know you are no Rosen fan.
      But there sure is that issue of mobility...and the unknown of declining skills.
      They spent as much on a back up QB as they spent on any other FA. What does that tell you? While we are all focused on dL ol lb and safety they went back up qb and a 35 yr old stop gap LB.

youre right, I'm not a Rosen fan. Thought he was overrated at UCLA and over valued in the draft. Just reading the tea leaves

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
        Makes you wonder why Rivers deal hasn't been done yet.
        Either way giving up a late 2nd this year for a top 10 QB last year seems like a no brainer.

Even if Rosen has to take over next year...this is a loaded roster already AND would be sitting on 100 million in cap space.
        Maybe the LAC really value continuity here,
        and they want leverage vs PR !

Eventually the timeline will be Bosa and other great young defenders vs retaining an expensive old QB.

There are a lot of moving parts here, as TT always says.

Thirty days of wild speculation coming soon.

It is ALL on the table Charger fans.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Maybe the LAC really value continuity here,
          and they want leverage vs PR !

Eventually the timeline will be Bosa and other great young defenders vs retaining an expensive old QB.

There are a lot of moving parts here, as TT always says.

Thirty days of wild speculation coming soon.

It is ALL on the table Charger fans.
          :chuckle: They got no leverage vs PR. He says fuck it, they fucked.
          Im not excited about possibly giving up a second for Rosen as im possitive an extension for PR will get done at some point. It dont have to be now.
          I think the speculation that we are one of the teams interested in Rosen is just a result of LIARS month.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-28-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Waste of a pick. Apparently a lot of UCLA fans up in here.

Comment

• The Franchise
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
              Waste of a pick. Apparently a lot of UCLA fans up in here.
              Completely agree. Rosen is garbage. He stares down his target and never scans. He has no idea that he has a supreme talent in David Johnson as his relief valve. He's not a leader. He's got a mediocre arm. He's overly arrogant.

I'm not just passing here... this is a hard pass. I wouldn't waste a 6th round pick or better on this guy at this time. This team is close, and we don't need to be wasting supreme draft picks on what would be our #3 QB this year, in the hopes that he can drastically improve everything within a year.

No thanks.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by The Franchise View Post
                Completely agree. Rosen is garbage. He stares down his target and never scans. He has no idea that he has a supreme talent in David Johnson as his relief valve. He's not a leader. He's got a mediocre arm. He's overly arrogant.

I'm not just passing here... this is a hard pass. I wouldn't waste a 6th round pick or better on this guy at this time. This team is close, and we don't need to be wasting supreme draft picks on what would be our #3 QB this year, in the hopes that he can drastically improve everything within a year.

No thanks.
                So...what is AZ up to ?

We've got a month to get at the truth,
                before it's too late...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  I'm all in on trading a 2nd for Rosen and have him sit for 2 seasons
                  Lamp?

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

No thanks.
                    1) he had the youngest and worst pass blocking oline in the league. Historically bad.
                    2) he had 2 OCs, one of which was Mike Freakin MCCoy.
                    3) his best and HOF wr was dinged up from the get go, and top option at WR was a rook. No TE outlet.
                    4) DJ was no himself last year ... Partly due to the play calling, oline play and health

If you judge a rookie QB by his performance in that scenario it is either agenda driven or a lack of knowledge of the particulars, or the game itself. he may end up being a bust, but it is waaayyyy to early to make that judgement IMO.

Comment

• The Franchise
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

1) he had the youngest and worst pass blocking oline in the league. Historically bad.
                      2) he had 2 OCs, one of which was Mike Freakin MCCoy.
                      3) his best and HOF wr was dinged up from the get go, and top option at WR was a rook. No TE outlet.
                      4) DJ was no himself last year ... Partly due to the play calling, oline play and health

If you judge a rookie QB by his performance in that scenario it is either agenda driven or a lack of knowledge of the particulars, or the game itself. he may end up being a bust, but it is waaayyyy to early to make that judgement IMO.
                      You clearly didn't watch him play. I did.

When a line is bad, your outlet is your best friend... especially when his name is David fricken Johnson. I watched him many times not even look to his outlet (who was open... hence outlet) and instead just stared at his first read resulting in a sack, a pick, or at best an incompletion most of the time.

You can make excuses for him all you want to, but I know what I saw. Go watch him, and you might learn the same thing. I'll challenge you to find a single clip where he goes through his progression.

See the problem isn't just his line or playcalling... it is that he has an enormous ego and wants to make highlight throws (even though his arm strength fails him), instead of leading drives. He is a bust. The fact that the Arizona Cardinals are willing to part with their top 10 pick less than a year later should be all you need to know... unless of course you either have an agenda or lack of knowledge of the game itself.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Franchise, other rookies have had similar storylines early in their career...hero ball.

LAC (and NE), if the reports are to be believed, both think they can develop Rosen.

He is capable of accuracy--there is some arm talent, and a little bit of mobility.

JMO.

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

You clearly didn't watch him play. I did.

When a line is bad, your outlet is your best friend... especially when his name is David fricken Johnson. I watched him many times not even look to his outlet (who was open... hence outlet) and instead just stared at his first read resulting in a sack, a pick, or at best an incompletion most of the time.

You can make excuses for him all you want to, but I know what I saw. Go watch him, and you might learn the same thing. I'll challenge you to find a single clip where he goes through his progression.

See the problem isn't just his line or playcalling... it is that he has an enormous ego and wants to make highlight throws (even though his arm strength fails him), instead of leading drives. He is a bust. The fact that the Arizona Cardinals are willing to part with their top 10 pick less than a year later should be all you need to know... unless of course you either have an agenda or lack of knowledge of the game itself.
                          So Matt Leinart part 2 for ARI?
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X