Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ld-mccoy-deal/

looks like the chargers trading for rosen is taking some root.
    It's just a mock, means nothing. I'm sure TT wouldn't give a first for him. Just some pundit making lame predictions because he read an article.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's just a mock, means nothing. I'm sure TT wouldn't give a first for him. Just some pundit making lame predictions because he read an article.
      Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Maybe he would maybe he wouldn't. Where there is smoke there is fire.
        It's always media smoke. Many of them never come to pass It's not Shefter reporting this and why I don't take it seriously.

Comment

• The Franchise
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Ok, I'm not on board with trading for him and anyways and I think it's liars month speak, so either way I don't care. He will figure it out or he will bust. But to call him a bust now is ridiculous.
          Some players you can just see it. Rosen is just not good. I didn't think he was that good in college either to be honest, but in the NFL... he's terrible (even with the rookie allowance).

Anytime a QB throws 30% more INTs than TDs and also has a completion percentage in the mid 50% range... that's bad.

Rosen has the attitude of Jay Cutler with the noodle arm of Matt Leinart and the decision making of Cade McNown. Other than that he's great.

If he was anything even remotely close to coachable or talented, then the Arizona Cardinals wouldn't be trying to dump him less than a year after using the 10th overall pick on him. They're looking to get rid of him after investing so much in him in such a short amount of time... and that my friends should be the biggest red flag that shows he is a dumpster fire.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ld-mccoy-deal/

looks like the chargers trading for rosen is taking some root.
            A first and a 6th for Rosen with nothing else coming from them? Too steep.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by The Franchise View Post
              Some players you can just see it. Rosen is just not good. I didn't think he was that good in college either to be honest, but in the NFL... he's terrible (even with the rookie allowance).

Anytime a QB throws 30% more INTs than TDs and also has a completion percentage in the mid 50% range... that's bad.

Rosen has the attitude of Jay Cutler with the noodle arm of Matt Leinart and the decision making of Cade McNown. Other than that he's great.

If he was anything even remotely close to coachable or talented, then the Arizona Cardinals wouldn't be trying to dump him less than a year after using the 10th overall pick on him. They're looking to get rid of him after investing so much in him in such a short amount of time... and that my friends should be the biggest red flag that shows he is a dumpster fire.
              Still have to give them time. Goff looked like that guy but he turned it around. Elway looked like that guy. He was bad asa rookie.Peyton Manning threw 27 ints his rookie year.
              For me you have to disregard their rookie season. Some are better than others as rookies but it don't mean they are busts. Lamp has never really had his rookie season as he wasn't ready to start last season.

Now Nathan Peterman looks like a total bust but he wasn't a high draft pick and he can still get it together but this is his third season coming up.

​​Vincemt Jackson was much his first two seasons and was hurt often too though he wasn't hurt like Lamp was.
              ​​​​​​
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-29-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• The Franchise
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Still have to give them time. Goff looked like that guy but he turned it around. For me you have to disregard their rookie season. Some are better than others as rookies but it don't mean they are busts .
                Now Nathan Peterman looks like a total bust but he wasn't a high draft pick and he can still get it together but this is his third season coming up.

​​Vincemt Jackson was much his first two seasons and was hurt often too though he wasn't hurt like Lamp was.
                ​​​​​​
                You're still avoiding the glaring point...

You can say give him time and all that... I get it (regardless of my opinion on his talent), but the FACT is that the same team that invested so much money and draft capital in him just 11 months ago doesn't want to give him time. They've seen enough.

Teams don't trade away "franchise QB's" that they have under contract for cheap for the next 4 years. They just don't... regardless of the coach or system excuse.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

You can say give him time and all that... I get it (regardless of my opinion on his talent), but the FACT is that the same team that invested so much money and draft capital in him just 11 months ago doesn't want to give him time. They've seen enough.

Teams don't trade away "franchise QB's" that they have under contract for cheap for the next 4 years. They just don't... regardless of the coach or system excuse.
                  Kingsbury has liked Kyler for a while, starting before when he became AZ HC.

This has to have been discussed at the interviews.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A first and a 6th for Rosen with nothing else coming from them? Too steep.
                    They got a third and next years 6th. It was 1st for Rosen a 3rd and next years 6th

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

They do when they get new leadership and Prefer their own guys. It's not as if the same regime drafted him and then a year later got rid of him. Kingsbury has been in love with Murray for years

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I'm not sure what part you are referring to.

Teams are doing the pick swap thing all the time now. It gives teams a way to add value without losing a pick. If each team only has 7 picks, and needs more new players (on average) than 7, it starts to become really tough to find and develop enough players every year. Teams just don't want to give up the new bodies that come with draft picks. Exchanging picks is a far better way of doing it, because the new body still comes in, even if you don't quite have the same value as the pick before it was swapped.

I still say it is way too much to give up for a player we might be able to have if we are patient. While the Cards are probably content to let Rosen sit for a year or more, that is in large part because they know they are rebuilding. Let's see how patient they are in a year or two when they have a former #1 draft pick backing up another #1 pick, and still have holes all over their roster.

TT is willing to trade up, and has done it several times. Melvin Gordon and Manti Teo were both situations where we traded up to get the player we wanted. He has mentioned trading down and said that it has been discussed, but was never able to come to terms to trade down (the willing partner thing).
                        referring to the part how easy (or normal for Chargers) to "just swap the 1st rd pick for Az 2nd rd pick" . As you noted Telesco moves UP in the draft when he wants someone, but when was the last time the team actually moved DOWN and got players/picks they wanted? Other teams may do it more frequently, but not the Chargers historically.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• The Franchise
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Kingsbury has liked Kyler for a while, starting before when he became AZ HC.

This has to have been discussed at the interviews.

They do when they get new leadership and Prefer their own guys. It's not as if the same regime drafted him and then a year later got rid of him. Kingsbury has been in love with Murray for years
                          I promise you that Kliff Kingsbury didn't come into the job interview saying he can't work with the team's top 10 overall "franchise QB" that the owner just spent millions on and demands that he gets his own guy. Didn't happen.

Kingsbury came in and said he can work with him and develop him if he's the guy. If Kingsbury said anything even slightly less than that, he'd still be at his college coaching gig.

Comment

Working...
                          X