• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

So the Cardinals want a 1st for Rosen and if Telesco really wants to make this deal, he will eventually give the Cardinals pick#28 so they can claim they got the 1st rd pick they wanted.
    But the deal is......Telesco will just swap the 1st rd pick for Az 2nd rd pick, moving back 5 spots. And give up pick#60

Picks #28 & #60 to Cardinals
    for
    Rosen & pick #33 to Chargers.

That is how it will be done, if it's done.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Rosen is a starter in this league, and the Carson Chargers are on the lookout for their next franchise QB.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by The Franchise View Post
        All it is now is opinions, but I'm confident in mine. Rosen is garbage. He's a backup caliber QB with the attitude that thinks he deserves to be starter just because... and will fail because he will never accept that role. Time will tell

For what it's worth though... I don't believe for a second that the Chargers are interested in Rosen. He's not the QB that Lynn covets for one. Secondly, we just brought in Tyrod Taylor for two years at a hefty backup QB salary. Thirdly... this is the same negotiation tactics we heard the last time Rivers was up for contract negotiations. Last time it was all the rumors that the Chargers were looking to trade up to the 2nd overall pick becuase they were in love with Mariota. All of that was BS and was solely to get Rivers to sign.
        Ok, I'm not on board with trading for him and anyways and I think it's liars month speak, so either way I don't care. He will figure it out or he will bust. But to call him a bust now is ridiculous.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          So the Cardinals want a 1st for Rosen and if Telesco really wants to make this deal, he will eventually give the Cardinals pick#28 so they can claim they got the 1st rd pick they wanted.
          But the deal is......Telesco will just swap the 1st rd pick for Az 2nd rd pick, moving back 5 spots. And give up pick#60

for

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Pick 33. First pick Day2. With overnight to think about it.

That pick could be parlayed into something more, easily.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• pacstud
            Black Belt Poster
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

No to Rosen.

Too risky with his melon and PTSD from last year.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

I'm on the fence on this. I wouldn't be mad either way. Rivers is near the end so we do need to start looking for the next... the only thing that can sway me from one side to the other, is how the trade is made. Getting over on any trade makes it worth it.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Best that ever happened to Goff was them firing Jeff Fisher.

Got to give e players that 3 year window.
                I'm still not sold that Goff is, or will ever be, anything spectacular. He plays for a great offensive mind and has a ton of talent around him. But when Kupp went down, so did his numbers. I'm not sure he can carry a team on his back. Nothing wrong with that and clearly Fisher was holding him back but we'll see what he does.

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

for

that might look good in mock drafts or something, but when has Telesco ever demonstrated the will or ability to pull off something like that? Every year fans predict Chargers will move back to get more picks and it just never happens. We don't know if they ever actually try to, but you have to find a willing partner to trade with and that seems like the hardest part.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Can we get Josh Allen instead?

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ld-mccoy-deal/

looks like the chargers trading for rosen is taking some root.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDFan View Post

that might look good in mock drafts or something, but when has Telesco ever demonstrated the will or ability to pull off something like that? Every year fans predict Chargers will move back to get more picks and it just never happens. We don't know if they ever actually try to, but you have to find a willing partner to trade with and that seems like the hardest part.
                        I'm not sure what part you are referring to.

Teams are doing the pick swap thing all the time now. It gives teams a way to add value without losing a pick. If each team only has 7 picks, and needs more new players (on average) than 7, it starts to become really tough to find and develop enough players every year. Teams just don't want to give up the new bodies that come with draft picks. Exchanging picks is a far better way of doing it, because the new body still comes in, even if you don't quite have the same value as the pick before it was swapped.

I still say it is way too much to give up for a player we might be able to have if we are patient. While the Cards are probably content to let Rosen sit for a year or more, that is in large part because they know they are rebuilding. Let's see how patient they are in a year or two when they have a former #1 draft pick backing up another #1 pick, and still have holes all over their roster.

TT is willing to trade up, and has done it several times. Melvin Gordon and Manti Teo were both situations where we traded up to get the player we wanted. He has mentioned trading down and said that it has been discussed, but was never able to come to terms to trade down (the willing partner thing).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                          Can we get Josh Allen instead?
                          Even worse, it's a no for me

Comment

Working...
                          X