• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I said this before but Telesco said our director of scouting is from that area in Indiana close to Notre Dame so he knows that program well and why we get so many players our way. But it dont mean they should over look the others just because of where the SD lives.

To captained:......Not all players from a certain school work out. Alabama has had their share of busts.
      The reason Tillery dropped was due to team's concerns for his character/attitude. So that is a case where it helps to have that type of info. Teo (despite the girlfriend) & Watt didn't fit in that category: they should not have been drafted where they were

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Now thatPipkins has a substantial contract coming, I hope he's out today hiring a personal trainer. Because he needs to add a lot of strength by August. Time to live in that gym.
        I'm sure he's met John Lott by now.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I'm with a number of the people on here. Think this was was more than a reach for that early of a pick. But if the powers that be drafted him I got to hope they did so for good reason.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

I'm not sure about upside but the FO apparently love Stick's athleticism and talent. Still would have preferred a different pick.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I said this before but Telesco said our director of scouting is from that area in Indiana close to Notre Dame so he knows that program well and why we get so many players our way. But it dont mean they should over look the others just because of where the SD lives.

To captained:......Not all players from a certain school work out. Alabama has had their share of busts.
              is he an AJ holdover ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

Statically the chances are greater for Alabama to have a bust or busts because SO many players from Alabama are chosen each year. I believe they were number one again this year. So when you have 15 guys drafted each year as opposed to 3 or 4, then you will have more crap out. My misconception with Notre Dame was formed by Teo, Watt & Louis Nix (whom I mocked to us that year.) 3 for 3 on the bust-O-meter..........

Comment

• Bolts223
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

This guy seems more like a long term investment at tackle.

I would be for picking up a guy to be an immediate upgrade from Tevi in FA. Preferably Parnell or Schraeder.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

http://www.chargers.com/news/don-t-get-fooled-by-the-smile-ot-trey-pipkins-flashes-personality-potential

startin' to come 'round.... dude is growing on me some,

(hopefully I have to retract my "deer in headlights" comment
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts223 View Post
                      This guy seems more like a long term investment at tackle.

I would be for picking up a guy to be an immediate upgrade from Tevi in FA. Preferably Parnell or Schraeder.
                      If you were the GM of an NFL team and you needed a OT, and Tevi was a FA, would you sign him? Right now, gotta be a toss up who starts, Tevi or Pipkins.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If you were the GM of an NFL team and you needed a OT, and Tevi was a FA, would you sign him? Right now, gotta be a toss up who starts, Tevi or Pipkins.
                        Has T-pip ever played a snap at RT?
                        all I'm reading/seeing is LT
                        For me, it's a true competition but I know what I have in Tevi so I'm leaning towards him to start the season at least
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoDak
                          • Technology Director
                          • Send PM

I think Tevi is locked in as the RT.

The real position battle is going to be Schofield and Lamp for RG. Is my guess. Schofield has T experience too, Quis as the other backup interior lineman.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                          X