• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Lattimore tore every ligament in his knee in addition to dislocating his knee cap. His injury was no where close to a normal ACL tear.
    Yep. Each case is different.

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Lattimore tore every ligament in his knee in addition to dislocating his knee cap. His injury was no where close to a normal ACL tear.
      I know, i just threw him out there as an example. I mean look how long its taken lamp to be ready to play.

I have nothing againat the kid. I liked what i saw when he was at notre dame. Its just as those knee injuries pile up u lose alil bit more explosion, alil more ability to change direction. Etc.

Just like back injuries once u get a back injury its really hard to be able to get back where u were. Especially if youre a linemen of any sort the constant pressure on the spine and disc can devastate a players career.

Im just more leary of a player who gets those types of injuries. Never know when the body will quit on them. I like to be cautious when it comes to players health. And their safety. Like if you got broken bones in your foot i dont expect you to play but if you do play i sure dont expect you to be able to change directions and have all the speed and explosion you had healthy.

Like i said im not knocking the kid. Im not saying hes injury prone. Im glad that so far he seems to be having a good camp and it doesnt appear that his knees will be a problem. But you can never be to safe. I.e. jason verrett injured in college alot, mostly shoulder injuries, we drafted him. He hurt that same shoulder against the raiders . then after that his body betrayed him, jason couldnt stay healthy, it wasnt his fault, his body just simply gave up. Knees, Achilles, sprains,strains. Etc... I just dont like being caught off guard. So when i see someone whose hurt each acl, im like lets take it slow, not rush him out there, let him get a good feel for the game, no need to thrust him into a starting role his body might not be ready for. This is the nfl where every player is a full a grown man, with freakish strength and speed, this sint college where a team might only have a couple of those guys.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I know, i just threw him out there as an example. I mean look how long its taken lamp to be ready to play.

I have nothing againat the kid. I liked what i saw when he was at notre dame. Its just as those knee injuries pile up u lose alil bit more explosion, alil more ability to change direction. Etc.

Just like back injuries once u get a back injury its really hard to be able to get back where u were. Especially if youre a linemen of any sort the constant pressure on the spine and disc can devastate a players career.

Im just more leary of a player who gets those types of injuries. Never know when the body will quit on them. I like to be cautious when it comes to players health. And their safety. Like if you got broken bones in your foot i dont expect you to play but if you do play i sure dont expect you to be able to change directions and have all the speed and explosion you had healthy.

Like i said im not knocking the kid. Im not saying hes injury prone. Im glad that so far he seems to be having a good camp and it doesnt appear that his knees will be a problem. But you can never be to safe. I.e. jason verrett injured in college alot, mostly shoulder injuries, we drafted him. He hurt that same shoulder against the raiders . then after that his body betrayed him, jason couldnt stay healthy, it wasnt his fault, his body just simply gave up. Knees, Achilles, sprains,strains. Etc... I just dont like being caught off guard. So when i see someone whose hurt each acl, im like lets take it slow, not rush him out there, let him get a good feel for the game, no need to thrust him into a starting role his body might not be ready for. This is the nfl where every player is a full a grown man, with freakish strength and speed, this sint college where a team might only have a couple of those guys.
        Thomas Davis... :hello:

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Frank Gore, jamal charles, AP, gronk, reggie wayne. Hell i could make a phenominal all-star team on both sides of the ball of players who had acl surgery in their career. Many of them were a while back and the surgery and recovery times are constantly improving over time.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Frank Gore, jamal charles, AP, gronk, reggie wayne. Hell i could make a phenominal all-star team on both sides of the ball of players who had acl surgery in their career. Many of them were a while back and the surgery and recovery times are constantly improving over time.

Just figured he was the best example, being that he's had several ACL's and is ancient for a LB and still playing at a very high level.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Just figured he was the best example, being that he's had several ACL's and is ancient for a LB and still playing at a very high level.
              He and Gore would be the gold standard. I was just pointing out guys have had excellent seasons and careers post ACL surgery.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Wonder how many had those surgeries and failed to come back ornlive up to expectations? I don't know the answer to that because most of those players dissapear into the background and are never heard from again .

Im not saying medicine isn't getting better but getting hurt takes it's toll and back and knee injuries all the more. No player gets a back injury and says it's no biggie.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The idea of Tranquill as our MIKE of the future ought to be gaining traction.
                  'bout as much traction as Te'o >> Drue

and how do you like him when Denzel is nowhere to be found ??

am also sure that for if and when Denzel might go down, that we'd see more of TD, Kyzir, Jatavis and even Egbule before Tranquill.
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

am also sure that for if and when Denzel might go down, that we'd see more of TD, Kyzir, Jatavis and even Egbule before Tranquill.
                    Gus Bradley says Tranquill is processing fast. It's a sign.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

He did turn out great. My friend is a panther fan. Im from south carolina. Trust me i was extremely worried when he kept tearing hia knees all to hell thought for sure he was gonna retire after the 3rd one. That dudes body just wont quit. Its amazing. Again i understand they can be unaffected by it. But its just worrysome i guess that the best way i can describe it. Injuries are no joke. Some players can tear their acl 1 time and never be thr same. Some can do it multiple times and never miss a beat.

I also havent really ever tristed our medical staff. Seems like our players always grt hurt more. Maybe its just because im a fan n i notice it more than other teama. But damn it feels like some years hakf our team will be injured

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Wonder how many had those surgeries and failed to come back ornlive up to expectations? I don't know the answer to that because most of those players dissapear into the background and are never heard from again .

Im not saying medicine isn't getting better but getting hurt takes it's toll and back and knee injuries all the more. No player gets a back injury and says it's no biggie.
                        Back injuries are a whole different issue.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I like that Drue is a highlight rookie thus far but no need to get carried away. He'll get a good opportunity to make his case. I'm stoked that we have LB depth! Woo hoo! Last year v NE we played safties at LB.

Comment

Working...
                          X