• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

He goes over his history with Chad Reuter in a blog. I cant remember which one. Had a bunch of good insight on interior DL. Tillery is brought up but no real in depth discussion there. I think he is primarily focused on positions that are playable in fantasy. Offensive skill etc.

His QB breakdowns are solid. He really likes Stick. He can be a weapon x type for us. I view him as a potential addition to Rivers. Not just a back up. Or possible successor.

Im just excited at the possibilities as he is a freaky little runner with the ball.
    He was also a big fan of Goff and Wentz.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

He goes over his history with Chad Reuter in a blog. I cant remember which one. Had a bunch of good insight on interior DL. Tillery is brought up but no real in depth discussion there. I think he is primarily focused on positions that are playable in fantasy. Offensive skill etc.

His QB breakdowns are solid. He really likes Stick. He can be a weapon x type for us. I view him as a potential addition to Rivers. Not just a back up. Or possible successor.

Im just excited at the possibilities as he is a freaky little runner with the ball.
      I do too. I just hope that Wiz has the creativity to make it happen.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He was also a big fan of Goff and Wentz.
        That program at NDSU is pretty solid. Hes coming in with a shitload of experience. He didnt put up Brees type attempts but he sure cam close in yardage with almost half as many attempts. I get it its not Purdue...but the kid can throw. Hes not just a running QB. He may be a better perimeter thrower than Lamar Jackson. Which isnt saying much but i think he could do some things for us. Im not sold on the fact he is destined for the practice squad. Cant make that assumption until we see him.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Same page, let's see him in action.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

That program at NDSU is pretty solid. Hes coming in with a shitload of experience. He didnt put up Brees type attempts but he sure cam close in yardage with almost half as many attempts. I get it its not Purdue...but the kid can throw. Hes not just a running QB. He may be a better perimeter thrower than Lamar Jackson. Which isnt saying much but i think he could do some things for us. Im not sold on the fact he is destined for the practice squad. Cant make that assumption until we see him.
            Cool, I look forward to seeing what the kid can do.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Cool, I look forward to seeing what the kid can do.
              You hear Chris Simms gushing over McSorely and how he can be a weapon in other areas than QB. But the Ravens probably drafted him because he can run the same offense as Jackson. I think the idea with Stick is to add to what we have. Not take the place of. He may end up being that complimentary guy.

I floated the idea of drafting Murray this year. But that was when he was potentially being a late round 1 draft pick. And that was before we had his true measurable's that compared to Wilson. I thought he could be a complimentary piece to Rivers. Like Jackson was with Flacco. Saints with Brees and Hill. So the whole copycat thing made some sense as Flacco, Rivers and Brees are fairly stationary pocket passers. Rivers moves very well but thats inside the pocket and more about his awareness of rushers. Hes not going to run RPO's and make a lot of plays with his legs on scripted roll outs etc.

If a team has to spend some time each week coming off a Rivers gameplan and prep for Stick wrinkles thats not a bad thing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I actually knew about Waldman's website and last checked it out in 2016.
                Here's a brand new resource for me. TY. X, Fleet.

He also does Matt Sokol TE Mich St & Jeremy Cox RB Old Dom.

Cox is 6'/235# with good power after contact, good movement skills and good hands. I call him a Clydesdale. I call him my favorite FA to make the team. We may have to trade Justin Jackson or somebody.

BTW is this draft/FA class starting to grow on you ? It should be...
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Cox is 6'/235# with good power after contact, good movement skills and good hands. I call him a Clydesdale. I call him my favorite FA to make the team. We may have to trade Justin Jackson or somebody.

5 RBs, 3 QBs & 5 WRs this season on the 53?
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

5 RBs, 3 QBs & 5 WRs this season on the 53?
                    It will all be a tight squeeze.

Camp competition.

You see any of these UDFA Olinemen you like ?

BTW your guy Mattison went kinda early.
                    Good scout's eye, ninja.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

It will all be a tight squeeze.

Camp competition.

You see any of these UDFA Olinemen you like ?

BTW your guy Mattison went kinda early.
                      Good scout's eye, ninja.
                      Koda Martin. Played OT at TXAM then SYRACUSE but will probably kick inside. I love his finisher mentality, ability to strike moving targets, movement, stunt reco/IQ, and his motor.

Mattison went about where he was on my board not where I slotted him unfortunately.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Listening to the phone call on draft day, it appears TT drafted Stick in round 5 most probably because he thought there was a good chance another team would snap him up in round 6. If we try to stash him on the PS, there's also a fairly high chance he gets poached. Big difference between Cardale and Stick on the PS...the Bolts have had their eye on Stick for weeks...they even told him they would draft him, just that they didn't know what round...Bolts carry 3 QB's...bank on it...the long, 3-year grooming process has begun...when Rivers retires, Stick will be fully groomed and ready to go...AND they can use Stick in some creative sub packages in the meantime...
                        Last edited by Topcat; 04-30-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Wood, I'm guessing Detrez gets cut in favor of Cox, as long as Cox has a decent preseason. And that's too bad, because I really like Detrez....if it was me, if Cox shines, I would keep Jackson and Detrez and cut Watt...UNLESS they really start using Watt correctly to open up some holes for Cox to pound the rock between the tackles...

Comment

Working...
                          X