• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Join the Squirrel Club and sing along to the Stick song - you wont get it out of your head! For more Hey Duggee: https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/hey-dug...

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Obviously this wasnt well liked on Twitter. But i personally cant shake the feeling that TT really likes Stick. And will let Stick and Taylor compete for the job. While doing everything possible to make that an easy job. Setting the table around him.

Im probably wrong. And im not even saying i want this to happen. But you see what Stick does from a skill POV and its pretty insane. He was just incredibly inconsistent in the Pre surrounded by non starters. We could re sign Henry...draft

1. Andrew Thomas
      2. JK Dobbins
      3. Justin Jefferson

Telesco probably sees what Tannehill did this year and is it out of the question to think Stick cant at least do what he did? If Stick became the starter....he most likely is the 3rd best mobile QB in the league.

Jackson
      Murray
      Stick
      I'm not opposed to this idea. Even if Stick bombs, you have our cornerstone LT of the future and then tank it up for a chance at Lawrence or Fields in 2021. Be nice for once to have a QB that can buy some time and not have everything fall apart if our QB doesn't get 10 seconds of flawless pass protection.

FLEET - if it comes to it, however, what are your thoughts on Herbert vs Love? Sorry if you addressed this earlier, I'm super late to this thread.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I’m starting to buy it Fleet
        I still want Tua at 6, but I really wouldn’t mind seeing a true qb competition, we haven’t seen one of those in years. Some here have talked a out bringing in a Mariota to compete and I think that’s a good idea too.
        no reason to think that Stick won’t beat out both TT and MM.
        I really want to use first three picks on D
        and lower round picks on O
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

I like Stick, too bad we didn't see him or Tyrod with the starters to see what it would look like.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
            I like Stick, too bad we didn't see him or Tyrod with the starters to see what it would look like.
            In the pre-season, I'd like to see Stick get to play at least a quarter with our 1st team, and T-Mobile another quarter. But why do I get this nagging feeling Loyal Lynn will start his Buffalo Buddy, Tyrod, in the first half with our 1st stringers, then let Stick do mop-up duty the 4th quarter with our scrubs?

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
              Guessing they install a very different O this off season. Want to see them in that.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm not opposed to this idea. Even if Stick bombs, you have our cornerstone LT of the future and then tank it up for a chance at Lawrence or Fields in 2021. Be nice for once to have a QB that can buy some time and not have everything fall apart if our QB doesn't get 10 seconds of flawless pass protection.

FLEET - if it comes to it, however, what are your thoughts on Herbert vs Love? Sorry if you addressed this earlier, I'm super late to this thread.
                The draft class in 2022 could also be really loaded. Like other positions...sometimes players just need time to develop. I think Stick when the game slows down for him...and if we were to build up around him...could be efficient with the pass...but really rack up the yards on the ground.

Im just not a huge fan of the QBs outside of Burrows. Im not blown away by them. Tua i just dont think will survive. I think he is going to be banged up often.

I could see us drafting a QB though. I sure would have liked to see Stick get some play when we were mathematically out of it. BUt we all know how fans would perceive that treatment of Rivers.

Oh yeah and in addition to Henry i would also draft a TE. Get that 2 TE thing going like they do in Baltimore and really pepper inside the hashes. I actually think that will be Herberts bread and butter.

Love will make insane throws and terrible throws. But teams will see him running to the right and then throwing lasers across his body deep. That arm is no joke. And his throwing motion on the run looks like Mahomes at times. Thats why he gets that comparison. Because far hash throws to the perimeter across your body are rare in the league. Not many can do it. Mahomes can. Rodgers can. I think Love has that type of arm strength. But at 6 where some fans want him? I dont man. I really want to see him at his Pro Day. I do factor in some things out of his control. Dropped passes. Off target passes that are caught by players with insane catch radius' like we see in the NFL. Constant injuries to starters around him. And the carousel of coaches.

I have always said he will get drafted high just on potential. Or what teams think they can turn him into with coaching.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  I sure would have liked to see Stick get some play when we were mathematically out of it. BUt we all know how fans would perceive that treatment of Rivers.
                  Popper was asked about playing Stick several times during the year in his Q&A and said the team just did not feel he was ready yet.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I’m starting to buy it Fleet
                    I still want Tua at 6, but I really wouldn’t mind seeing a true qb competition, we haven’t seen one of those in years. Some here have talked a out bringing in a Mariota to compete and I think that’s a good idea too.
                    no reason to think that Stick won’t beat out both TT and MM.
                    I really want to use first three picks on D
                    and lower round picks on O
                    I too think that MM is somehow on our radar and I believe that he could probably be had at Tyrod type prices with his diminished value. That being the case, I would pine for Simmons at 6, I think he is an NFL prototype game wrecker a la Derwin. However with my 2 I would have to be looking OT unless they were decimated with the first 36 picks and there is no OT value at 37. Then it's game on for BPA and time to fill a hole. Also, I love the thought of Moss in the 3rd round to pair with a resigned HH.

Time to dream.........

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

The secret, patended formulavhas been released.

49ers stopped Mahomes in a best case, realistically imaginable scenario.

I am looking for a premium being placed league wide on Dlinemen Draft/UFAs for 2020 season.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Lmao you guys are seriously trying buy yourself into believe we can contend with Stick? I like some things about him but he doesn't have juice to keep up with other players. Can he develop into a avg starter? Perhaps but unless you were under a rock all year that won't cut it against the Chiefs. We need a QB who can put up points. I don't see Easton Stick as that QB. We have to patient imo about selecting the right QB and not out of necessity. I would stick to building the OL and DL and coaching up the dumb mistakes that plaque us year in and year out.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          The secret, patended formulavhas been released.

49ers stopped Mahomes in a best case, realistically imaginable scenario.

I am looking for a premium being placed league wide on Dlinemen Draft/UFAs for 2020 season.
                          SF 20-31

LAC 17-24
                          LAC 21-31

and yes.... Danny Shelton, Derrick Brown, Leki Fotu, Sylvester Williams pls,
                          RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X