• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Popper was asked about playing Stick several times during the year in his Q&A and said the team just did not feel he was ready yet.
    Hes not. But ready for what? What are the consequences of sucking? A better draft pick? You can still run plays. How many fucking players are just not ready yet. Why the fuck are we so slow in getting guys on the field when things are lost? get them snaps. Drop em in the fire.

Honesty i wanted to see how our OL blocked for a QB who makes a shitload of plays outside the pocket. Bootleg right....draw in rushers....screen back to the left side and chunk the crap out of some yards.

And i wont buy the damage his mentals part of it. If not Stick then Taylor. I want to see what we have to look forward to. And we saw a glimmer with Taylor when Rivers came out. I think his first play was a designed run for 1o. Its backed off the dogs and he went down and threw a TD.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

QB draft talk … Not sure if in the end it will change anything, but there have been some interesting public statements by and about the top QB prospects for the 2020 draft. LSU’s Joe Burrow, the presumptive #1 pick at this year’s draft, for example, was quoted on the Dan Patrick radio program yesterday that he wanted “to go to a great organization that’s committed to winning Super Bowls.” While he didn’t name names, most observers took it as a not so subtle dig at Cincinnati, which holds the top pick and are expected to select the former LSU star. Burrow’s comments come just days after former Bengals’ QB Carson Palmer said that he left that organization because he didn’t feel they were committed to trying to win a championship. And it wasn’t lost on people that Burrow is currently training with Palmer’s brother Jordan in preparation for the draft. Of course, Burrow doesn’t have much leverage short of sitting out the year if he were to be selected by Cincinnati and genuinely didn’t want to play there, but it is something that could give the Bengals some pause as you’d really like the guy you choose to be the face of your organization to sort of want to be there. Not to pile on, but Leigh Steinberg, the agent for Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa, the presumptive second QB to be selected this coming April, was also quoted this week saying his client also really didn’t want to go to Cincinnati. Speaking of Tagovailoa, who most analysts figure is likely to be the target for Miami if the Dolphins can’t swing a deal with Cincinnati to move up and select Burrow, team owner Steven Ross, who is hosting the Super Bowl this weekend, was quoted as sating that while he liked Tua as a player, he had concerns about his long-term health after the former Tide star underwent season-ending hip surgery back in October. Ross went on to say that a decision whether or not to select Tagovailoa would ultimately be up to his football and medical people it was hardly a ringing endorsement. Stay tuned!

January 31, 2020 - 11:36 am

Dolphins’ QB Fitzgerald to return … After briefly contemplating retirement, Miami QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has confirmed that he will return for the upcoming season which will be his 16th. The Dolphins, of course, are still expected to select a QB with an early pick at the 2020 draft. However, and having Fitzpatrick, who led Miami to a rather remarkable 5-4 record over the second half of the season, back for at least another year may mean that the Dolphins may not have to force a pick. Miami currently has the 5th pick overall, as well as two other later first round choices, at the upcoming draft. The Dolphins have reportedly explored the possibility of trading up to the very top of the board in order to acquire LSU QB Joe Burrow, but that would appear to be a very long shot. Next up for the Dolphins would appear to be Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa, assuming he passes the pre-draft medicals after under going season-ending hip surgery. Tagovailoa could be available when the Dolphins pick at #5; however, its even more likely that if Tua is indeed healthy that another QB-hungry team such as the Chargers, Panthers or even the Jaguars, who have the 6th, 7th and 9th picks respectively, might trade up ahead of Miami to grab Tagovailoa for themselves. All that is likely to leave the Dolphins in a situation in which if Tagovailoa is indeed their guy, they would also have to consider moving up. Again, however, having Fitzpatrick around as a security blanket for at least another year might very well ease the pressure on the Dolphins to force a move. Stay tuned!

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Hes not. But ready for what? What are the consequences of sucking? A better draft pick? You can still run plays. How many fucking players are just not ready yet. Why the fuck are we so slow in getting guys on the field when things are lost? get them snaps. Drop em in the fire.

Honesty i wanted to see how our OL blocked for a QB who makes a shitload of plays outside the pocket. Bootleg right....draw in rushers....screen back to the left side and chunk the crap out of some yards.

And i wont buy the damage his mentals part of it. If not Stick then Taylor. I want to see what we have to look forward to. And we saw a glimmer with Taylor when Rivers came out. I think his first play was a designed run for 1o. Its backed off the dogs and he went down and threw a TD.
        Same goddamn page. It’s football, not rocket science.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Yep...as in:

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

SF 20-31

LAC 17-24
            LAC 21-31

and yes.... Danny Shelton, Derrick Brown, Leki Fotu, Sylvester Williams pls,
            Besides Derrick, what are the 3 going to do to disrupt Mahomes?
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...as in:

Show Nas this meme

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

SF 20-31

LAC 17-24
                LAC 21-31

and yes.... Danny Shelton, Derrick Brown, Leki Fotu, Sylvester Williams pls,
                It seems we're not so far.
                Shelton = stop the run.
                All that's left is to run that football !

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Besides Derrick, what are the 3 going to do to disrupt Mahomes?
                  eye like the 330 something or so (plus) lbs. they bring to the table, and.... make it easier for everyone else on that D to eat, and....

if Sly played/started a whole season/16 games.... how would he stack up to your Mike P. ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I wanted to get both T-Mobile and Stick some pt late in the season, when it was obvious we were out of the playoffs...why not? We could see what we've got in regular season games, to better gauge whether or not to draft a QB...naw, but that just makes too much sense for the Bolts...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

eye like the 330 something or so (plus) lbs. they bring to the table, and.... make it easier for everyone else on that D to eat, and....

if Sly played/started a whole season/16 games.... how would he stack up to your Mike P. ??
                      No idea.
                      I’m looking to get 300-400 snaps, in primarily early down/short yardage/goal line situations, for Pierce.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Before we anoint Shelton = Great RUN D Maybe we need to remember that he was playing on roller skates vs Ten. A lot of big guys have that rep and don't really earn it.

Shelton was pretty much impossible to move in the run game, but he is getting sloppy in his technique and OL are getting under his pads. Any DL who lets the OL get low can be moved out of the hole.

Some smaller players are good run defenders too.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

This is a draft I could live with.......

Isaiah Simmons
                          , LB
                          • Clemson

Raekwon Davis
                            , IDL
                          • Alabama

Isaiah Wilson , OT
                          • Georgia

Tyler Biadasz , IOL
                          • Wisconsin

Lamical Perine
                            , RB