• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

DE Chris Peace - Virginia

Peace played linebacker at Virginia where he led all ACC players at the position with 7.5 sacks in 2018. A team captain, he also notched 65 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss and two forced fumbles a year ago. Overall, the 6-2, 250-pounder appeared in 50 games over four seasons, totaling 198 tackles, 29.5 tackles for loss, 17.0 sacks, five passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one pick.

S Roderic Teamer - Tulane

A 6-0, 205-pound safety, Teamer played in 46 games over four seasons, totaling 197 tackles, 15 passes defensed, three picks and three sacks. He also showed a flair for the dramatic on special teams, blocking two kicks.

---
    No one called these guys back at the draft as steals in UDFA.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

James will go on IR in a week to add another spot.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I have to look back at the UDFA thread to see if these guys stood out, or if someone called it. I really like Peace.
        I don't know if it was the Udfa thread or the Arizona gdt but I called peace out then

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don't know if it was the Udfa thread or the Arizona gdt but I called peace out then
          I said give Peace a chance

loooong time ago.
          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

And I was able to jump on the Peace-bandwagon afterwards unnoticed
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• pacstud
              Black Belt Poster
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post

Tunsil has been great in Miami, they will not trade him...................
              #freezingcoldtakes

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Peace be with us

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Rookie defensive end Chris Peace is one of those players hoping to change Lynn's mind, but he might already be on Lynn's rough draft roster.

Peace went undrafted in the 2019 draft, but he was able to take down the player who went first in the draft, Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray. Peace sacked Murray in the preseason opener and was singled out by Lynn as a player who stood out in the exhibition game.

The 6-foot-2, 238-pound University of Virginia product wasn't aware that Lynn had mentioned him by name multiple times in recent news conferences.

"I would hope so, it's hard to tell," Peace said about making an impression on Lynn. "I guess it's a great feeling that what you're doing they noticed. I just try to continue it."

Peace started the preseason strong, but he missed the second exhibition game against the New Orleans Saints with an undisclosed injury. Missing time can be stressful for players fighting for roster spots. But Peace made another splash in his return by recording a crucial sack against the Seattle Seahawks last week to give rookie quarterback Easton Stick and the Chargers an opportunity for a comeback with less than three minutes left.

Peace said he put stress on himself at the start of training camp by overthinking instead of enjoying the experience of playing in the NFL.

"Don't get me wrong," Peace said. "Some days are stressful, but you definitely have to have fun, too. That's the whole point of this game. I think my first week when I got here, the first week of training camp, it was rough for me. Then that second week I had to remind myself, 'Yo, don't go out there and overstress yourself.'

"It takes away the fun. Go out there and have fun like you're a kid again. I think that helped a lot."

Peace might have already earned a roster spot if he weren't playing with a deep defensive line group. Whether he makes the team or not, Peace said he's learned a lot from veterans Brandon Mebane, Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram.

If it works out, he'll continue to learn from them - and pay high rent.

"It's expensive out here," Peace said. "That's the one thing I keep saying when people ask how I like (California). Taxes and cost of living out here is kinda crazy."
                  From OC Register.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Our PS is gonna be awesome.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

I am glad that Trevor Williams was not cut, as this indicates that he will soon be healthy. This might have created a depth issue at DB.

Conversely, I am surprised Jaylen Watkins is gone.

The two developments are related.

The only OTs I see so far, considering experience and scheme fit, are Chad Wheeler NYG, Leonard Wester JAC (edit: waived/injured), and possibly Roderick Johnson HOU, with Tunsil now on board.

I got nuttin' .
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 08-31-2019, 04:42 PM.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        I am glad that Trevor Williams was not cut, as this indicates that he will soon be healthy.

Conversely, I am surprised Jaylen Watkins is gone.

The two developments are related.

The only OTs I see so far are Chad Wheeler NYG, Leonard Wester JAC, and possibly Roderick Johnson HOU, with Tunsil now on board.

Got nuttin' .
                        Same thoughts on trevor and jaylen
                        liked wheeler as a fit but injured often

Antonio Garcia also available
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Big Dog
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I said give Peace a chance