• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Norv never liked the 2 minute drill because he can't set up his psychotic Chunks fetish with substitutions that exploit matchups. He would rather outsmart someone with a fool'em play than win the fucking football game.
    Time to bury this dead Hoarse.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

[QUOTE=BlazingBolt;7965]Actually he is right up there with Coryell Gillian and ross[/QUOTE

I assume you are adding onto my sarcasm.
      Last edited by thelightningwill; 07-27-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        You hate to see it, but Norv has done pretty well when compared to other charger coaches.

Only Sid Gillman (86) and Don Coryell (69) have more wins total then Norv (56).
        Gillman (0.593), Ross (0.588) and Schottneheimer (0.588) are all about the same in terms of winning percentage (Norv .583).

And Norv (3) ties Ross (3) and Coryell (3) for playoff wins.
        With the exception of Gillman, who took over a new team, all the coaches in your message took over bad teams and made them winners. Norv took over a good team and left us with what we have now. I know he wasn't responsible for picking the players, but the offensive line became worse the moment Norv started coaching. And the offensive line is probably the biggest difference between what we used to be and what we are now.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

[QUOTE=thelightningwill;8071]
          Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
          Actually he is right up there with Coryell Gillman and Ross[/QUOTE

I assume you are adding onto my sarcasm.
          I am speaking as far as the numbers go. The rest of it is all opinion.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=BlazingBolt;8080]
            Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post

I am speaking as far as the numbers go. The rest of it is all opinion.
            Okay. Opinion is bogus. Numbers are the way to go. Barry Switzer, George Seifert, and Tom Flores are some of the greatest NFL coaches ever.

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=thelightningwill;8085]

Okay. Opinion is bogus. Numbers are the way to go. Barry Switzer, George Seifert, and Tom Flores are some of the greatest NFL coaches ever.
              Norv took over a team that had already won a Super Bowl?

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                With the exception of Gillman, who took over a new team, all the coaches in your message took over bad teams and made them winners. Norv took over a good team and left us with what we have now. I know he wasn't responsible for picking the players, but the offensive line became worse the moment Norv started coaching. And the offensive line is probably the biggest difference between what we used to be and what we are now.
                What we have never had is a coach who can get multiple runs. Hit a slump and then reload and start another series of success. I guess if you consider individual season, but I view each coaches success as more of an era, the Gillman early 60s, Coryell 80s, Ross 90s, and Marty/Norv 2000s. The numbers I see show Norv took over a talented team and lead them to more success than they had before he got here. His overall period of success is comparable to those other eras, if you add in Marty's 2 good season it's actually a bit longer than the others.
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

if you add in Marty's 2 good season it's actually a bit longer than the others.
                  some Charger fans act like this franchise has ALWAYS been a winner. the Marty/Norv era should be appreciated because we were actually a relevant team for more than half a decade, in between long periods of being a low level team.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The Marty/Norv, Butler/AJ period was the best in Charger's history.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      The Marty/Norv, Butler/AJ period was the best in RECENT Charger's history.
                      edited for accuracy.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                        THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                        Generous Donor
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

The only thing that matters to me is that we got worse every year Norv was here, except for '09 (when he 'Schottenheimered' a playoff game at home). He was 'bailed' out in '08 by Rivers heroics/Denver implosion, in '10 by the 'excuse' of poor special teams play, and in '11 because fans cheered loud at the Ravens game.

The common denominator is weak ownership. Norv is what he is, and we got exactly that. As supportive most of us tried to be, most expected the end result.
                        NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                          The only thing that matters to me is that we got worse every year Norv was here, except for '09 (when he 'Schottenheimered' a playoff game at home). He was 'bailed' out in '08 by Rivers heroics/Denver implosion, in '10 by the 'excuse' of poor special teams play, and in '11 because fans cheered loud at the Ravens game.

The common denominator is weak ownership. Norv is what he is, and we got exactly that. As supportive most of us tried to be, most expected the end result.
                          Nailed it. Especially the comment on ownership.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X