• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Clary was decent at RT, nothing special but better than Tevi decent. He was better at RG in combo with Fluker and a big asset for the rookie DJ. Chargers gave up 4th fewest sacks that year.
    Clary gave up a lot of sacks at RT...very Tevi-like in pass pro...I do think Tevi is a better run blocker than Clary was...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I only offer that to those who actually accept their mistakes, not those who try to BS their way out of them and double down. The Tyrell discussion is a perfect example of how you deal with being corrected. And saying that Derwin and Melvin have "both" been all pro and pro bowl selections, seems to point to you believing that to be the case. And it certainly doesn't come across as you misrepresenting your thoughts, but rather you being ill informed, and there's certainly a difference between the 2.

It is just a forum, however, facts still matter. And if you decide to post something that isn't factual and I see it, you can bet that I'll call you on it. It's not about winning at all. It's about not letting bullshit be passed off as reality.

And just to clear things up, you didn't admit you were wrong, what you said was "i had meant all-pro OR pro bowl but thats ok". Saying you were wrong and saying you misspoke are not the same. But I'm also a bit confused with the fact that since you were apparently combining all pro and pro bowl, as you asserted, how Okung and his pro bowl nods go unmentioned. Especially since he actually earned a starters role, unlike Gordon. What gives?

The chain in chronological order, just for clarity.

In closing, :idby:
      You left out my other post before you went on attack where I not only did accept the mistake - I apologized for the error. i really had meant to type all pro OR pro bowl but that first apology wasnt even blamed on a typo, i just ADMITTED the error as it was - ref #1455

no, sorry - just pro bowl.

I wish he were in camp. for $5,6m, that is
      Its ok, maybe it was an honest mistake and you didnt see it. No worries. I knew and know MG has never been selected as an all pro, and i did know the difference. but you don't need to believe that. And I don't really care if you attack. I would hate to see the forum devolve to the level of pettiness and spite that burrowed in over at UT but if thats where you need to take it, oh well, i'll ride it out wth a chuckle.

btw - i will say sorry for the safespace crack - i was just joking around and trying to lighten it up. It didn't work and seemed to aggravate you.

the funny part is we agree on the topic of MG. He's not worth 13, not worth 10. That fundamental agreement part doesn't seem to matter but thats ok. Do your thing. Be cool.

As for TW - I don't think Tyrell is good at quick separation against press cover underneath. Sure if he has over 3+ seconds to run a drag route all the way across the field, he has time to get up to his great speed. But he's not open fast off the line against press cover, which was my intended point. I watched every play he ever wore a bolt jersey on, i saw every pass he ever caught. You watched too and you're free to disagree, thats fine. Its opinion. He's fast but not quick and doesnt change direction as well. Again, think differently, its cool. but you don't have to go all personal on it.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Clary gave up a lot of sacks at RT...very Tevi-like in pass pro...I do think Tevi is a better run blocker than Clary was...
        Really? Not sure either is that good at it, but I'll trust your judgement on it.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Really? Not sure either is that good at it, but I'll trust your judgement on it.
          I kept close watch on Clary, and he consistently led the Bolts for sacks allowed at RT...he was better as a G...

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I kept close watch on Clary, and he consistently led the Bolts for sacks allowed at RT...he was better as a G...
            And patient zero of the opioid epidemic ... if memory serves me correct ...

Comment

• Big Dog
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Greg Rosenthal;

Los Angeles Chargers: I'm surprised that Melvin Gordon's holdout is so low on the list of concerns for this team. With left tackle Russell Okung out indefinitely, the Bolts' blind-side starter for Week 1 appears to be Trent Scott, an undrafted free agent in 2018 who was benched last season for Sam Tevi, one of Pro Football Focus' lowest-ranked tackles of 2018. Tevi is the starter at right tackle, and the swing tackle will probably come from the waiver wire. Between Okung's uncertainty, Gordon's absence and the loss of all-world safety Derwin James for 3-4 months, no team has had a worse camp.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Pretty much somes up how alot of us feel right now.I don't blame management for Gordon's greed tho.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Oh the drama!

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

You're thinking of Olivea---he was up to over 100 Vicodin a day at one time...sad...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Greg Rosenthal;

Los Angeles Chargers: I'm surprised that Melvin Gordon's holdout is so low on the list of concerns for this team. With left tackle Russell Okung out indefinitely, the Bolts' blind-side starter for Week 1 appears to be Trent Scott, an undrafted free agent in 2018 who was benched last season for Sam Tevi, one of Pro Football Focus' lowest-ranked tackles of 2018. Tevi is the starter at right tackle, and the swing tackle will probably come from the waiver wire. Between Okung's uncertainty, Gordon's absence and the loss of all-world safety Derwin James for 3-4 months, no team has had a worse camp.
                      That's easy for Rosenthal to say. He apparently doesn't have to meet a payroll, forcast a budget for the next year and keep a reserve to sign new players, FA's AND re-sign certain players. It's not that TT isn't concerned. TT knows full well that he has to stay within a certain budget on MG3, or he blows the lid off the salary cap, or close to it. The injuries are unfortunate; but you don't suddenly give in to Gordon just because of injuries. Apples and oranges here...

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

No that was Olivea. Clary replaced him.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Greg Rosenthal;

Rosenthal is wrong. Scott wasn't benched last season for Tevi. It was Barks who lost his job.

Comment

Working...
                          X