• Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    I dp not project Des King to be dinged,
    either as a PR or as a NCB.

Let him play.
    I concur.

Being afraid of injury is a certain way to get one.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Hope Perryman is still a force in the middle at the lower weight.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Hope Perryman is still a force in the middle at the lower weight.
        He looks lean.
        Maybe Denzel can cover someone.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

How many starters do the full-time punt returner thing? King may be a stop-gap measure, but I doubt they have stopped looking.
          I consider kick returns to be sooo important.

We lost to KC in the '18 opener because the officials missed a block in the back on a Tyreek PR TD.

Des went to the house more than once on PRs, and some were called back.

We missed home field advantage by one game.

Des has a great feel for the game, so I trust him to not miss time, and also say it is worth it.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Even if he had, what difference would it have made. Guys like James Harrison got cut a ton before they finally stuck for good with Pitt. When a young player is at the bottom of the roster, there are a lot of other issues that have nothing to do with them, and they still get cut. Ask Wes Welker.
            The sole purpose of that post was to clear up misinformation that was being presented about Dylan. I'm the kind of guy that if I see someone post BS, I'm gonna call it out, so that hopefully it stops there and keeps it from spreading. How it all plays out we shall soon see, but I do think that we have some solid candidates for the 4th/5th WR slots.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

SYB. Cat. Anyone who dares.

What do you think of the idea of Artavis Scott as WR#3, KRS ?

Dabo has said yes.

I hereby tout Artavis over Benjy. Cantrell, Geremy, anyone you utes can name.
              Having a KR who only ran a 4.61 is a bit worrisome. But if he can win the job and give us a consistent threat there, then I'm all for it.

As far as Dabo approving... That dude thinks the sun rises and sets out of each one of his players asses on the daily. So I'm not putting a ton of weight on the Tigers head cheerleaders words. :shrug: He can certainly coach up WR's though.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Having a KR who only ran a 4.61 is a bit worrisome. But if he can win the job and give us a consistent threat there, then I'm all for it.

As far as Dabo approving... That dude thinks the sun rises and sets out of each one of his players asses on the daily. So I'm not putting a ton of weight on the Tigers head cheerleaders words. :shrug: He can certainly coach up WR's though.
                Taste the harshness.

:smoking:

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Taste the harshness.

:smoking:
                  Dabo runs one hell of a program that produces top notch NFL talent. But somehow, every single year, the players he loses to the NFL are the best he's EVER been around. Would calling him a used car salesman instead of cheerleader taste less harsh?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Dabo runs one hell of a program that produces top notch NFL talent. But somehow, every single year, the players he loses to the NFL are the best he's EVER been around. Would calling him a used car salesman instead of cheerleader taste less harsh?
                    Ha ha. Just having fun SYB.

Dabo claimed Deshaun Watson is Michael Jordan like.

Used car salesman at least.

I like Artavis in spite of it all.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Good article on Rayshawn. I had high hopes for him last season. What a boon if he plays upto his athleticism.

Setting Himself Up for a Larger Role

Ricky Henne

MANAGING EDITOR

The JackBoyz have earned plenty of respect for good reason.

After all, last year's squad produced two Pro Bowlers (Derwin James, Adrian Phillips) and three All-Pros (James, Phillips, Desmond King). Meanwhile, the secondary also boasts one of the league's elite shutdown corners in Casey Hayward, who has two Pro Bowl and All-Pro selections under his belt during his three years with the Bolts.

Add in highly-regarded second-round pick Nasir Adderley, up-and-coming cornerback Michael Davis and the return of Trevor Williams and you can see why the JackBoyz are all the rage.

Still, one safety is going way under looked, and he's ready to change all that.

It's time we talk more about Rayshawn Jenkins.

The third-year pro knows he's been a forgotten man among some of the Chargers' bigger names, and he admitted it bothers him at times.

"Yeah, it does, but I understand (why) because of the guys we have," he explained. "But I feel like a lot of people overlook me. Fans are fans, and they get hyped over the big names and the draft process and everything, but people still come here and compete. You can't forget we have competitors on the team, and I'm one. People always (flock) to superstars, but there are lots of people who make big time plays. And I'm embracing this year's opportunity."

As Jenkins alluded, after two seasons learning alongside some of the best in the game, the third-year safety knows he has his best opportunity yet to earn a consistent, more meaningful role on defense. Photos: Behind the Scenes at 2019 Promo Day

Take an exclusive look behind the scenes at your Bolts participating in this year's promo day.

1 / 60
                      Peter B-House Joneleit/Los Angeles Chargers

2 / 60
                      Peter B-House Joneleit/Los Angeles Chargers
                      image.gif
                      60 / 60

While it's a common mantra to always look ahead rather than looking back when it comes to a new season, in Jenkins' case, it's imperative to discuss what he did at the end of the 2018 campaign. After all, in the two biggest games of the year, the Chargers rolled with Jenkins as the team's starting free safety during both postseason contests. Not only that, he appeared in all but one defensive snap.

Still, success is never guaranteed to roll over from season to season, which is something the 25-year-old Miami product clearly understands. Thus, fans will be happy to hear what Head Coach Anthony Lynn and Defensive Coordinator Gus Bradley had to say about Jenkins, explaining how the safety used last year's experience as a springboard for hopefully even greater things.

So far, so good.

"You saw Rayshawn's growth last year on the scout team," Lynn said. "I coached the heck out of that scout team, and Rayshawn was one of the stars. And now you see it on the field. I see him making better decisions. That's been really impressive."

"Rayshawn I think was a guy that really (the question was) what position was he was going to play," added Bradley. "We looked at strong safety, and then we also looked at him as a linebacker. Maybe put on some weight and get up to 220, and him playing linebacker for us. And then toward the end of the year he played free safety. But what I think he's done now, as he thinks that free safety opportunity is there for him, he's dropped his weight. He's under 200 pounds. He's faster. I think he's got a real good focus now where we want him to play, what we're anticipating and what we're hopeful that he does bring to the table. And I think he's really bought into that. It'll be interesting to see how he handles that in training camp as well. But he's had good OTAs now. Good OTAs."

Jenkins agrees with his coaches' assessments.

"Things have slowed down a lot. I'm heading into this season more confident, especially getting those last few games under my belt with those starts. It's helped me feel a lot more comfortable because you can watch all the film you want, and you can practice all you want, but there's nothing like real game reps. Once you get those real game reps, and you actually get to feel how guys are trying to attack you and the speed of the game, then you know you've been out there before and done it before. You can get back to who (you are). And those weren't just game reps. Those were some of the most high-pressure game reps (you can have)."

While he's always been naturally gifted, he believes two years of seasoning combined with personal growth, and of course, opportunity, have him positioned to take that all-important next step.

In fact, if he didn't take that approach, Jenkins may not be able to look himself in the mirror.

"If you're not improving year to year, then what are you doing?" he said. "You're always supposed to be improving some area of your game. I definitely feel I've been improving. I've lost some weight. I feel way more explosive."

To do that, the safety is taking a singular focus each day he takes the field.

"I'm coming out here treating every day differently, but the same, if that makes sense. I'm coming out here focusing on that day, that play, and trying to live in that moment. This isn't a new attitude, but a new opportunity (for a bigger role) has presented itself, and so you've got to come out here and change your mindset. And Coach Gus Bradley, he makes that much easier to do."

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Press conferences.....

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                          Day One...
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Brentwood, 94513
                          • Send PM

Thanks for the article ninja. I for one was touting Jenkins last year until I was blue in the face. I could see him playing any worst than Addae. And even if he made mistakes, he'd learn and grow with our other safety James. I hope he get his chance to compete. He will and it won't be easy with three guys trying for one spot, but that's what it is. Let's get it.

Comment

Working...
                          X