• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Absolutely. Make teams sell out to try and stop them.

Comment

• SYB
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Melvin Gordon, Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson.

This is a quality trio. So how do you split their snaps? 30, 20 and 10? Wait for somebody to get hurt before bringing in Jackson?

This is a strength of the club. These are low risk, high reward yard gainers. I'm getting the ball in their hands early and often.
      I really expect Jackson to be pushing Ekeler for snaps this season if he stays healthy.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I really expect Jackson to be pushing Ekeler for snaps this season if he stays healthy.
        I'm probably the biggest Ekeler fan on the site, so that doesn't work for me. Ekeler makes things happen.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I think there is a decent chance that Nwosu spends most of the season as a situational LEO rush LB, and Egbule is the guy who plays OTTO. He is raw, but when he is accurate with his hand punch, he will flat out stun the TE coming off the line. And he can run better than either Nwosu or Emmanuel. He just needs a lot of work on his drops, and reading the offense. He may also turn out to be a pretty good sub-package rush guy himself. A lot of it may just come down to how fast he picks thing up. Not likely that he will play much this year, but who knows.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think there is a decent chance that Nwosu spends most of the season as a situational LEO rush LB, and Egbule is the guy who plays OTTO. He is raw, but when he is accurate with his hand punch, he will flat out stun the TE coming off the line. And he can run better than either Nwosu or Emmanuel. He just needs a lot of work on his drops, and reading the offense. He may also turn out to be a pretty good sub-package rush guy himself. A lot of it may just come down to how fast he picks thing up. Not likely that he will play much this year, but who knows.
            Like that--a defender who can really jam a receiver at the LOS...this is one way to throw off QB's like Brady who thrive on those quick passes into the flats--throw off their timing to the receiver, disrupt, push the pocket with Tillery...we are on the right track, folks...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              At this point, they will have a designated 1st and 2nd team. I don't think it means much. Clearly, the point of the draft and FA was to bring in new bodies and have more competition. I think we will see that. Maybe all the starters will hold their jobs, maybe not. But if Davis (Will), Perryman (Mike), and Nwosu (OTTO) get too comfortable, they will find themselves on the bench.

I also think that the team will look for the best combination of starters and nickel/dime players. Last year, Brown and Perryman split some time inside at MIke, even in the dime. Brown and White probably did get some time in the nickel together. However, it will all be situational.

The unspoken players who will also push the LB are King and Phillips. Both have played and made a lot of plays vs the run and pass in the nickel and dime. If the LB are not playing well, there is no reason for the Chargers to leave LB on the field. Offenses are built around having 3 or 4 WR on the field most of the time, so unless we want LB chasing WR, the DB will get most of the playing time. And since they are on the feild when the other team throws the ball, they are the players in position to blitz or get turnovers, which are the impact plays that change the game.
              And don't forget about Tranquill...he's a former safety who is so versatile, he reportedly can play all 3 LB positions...a true hybrid with a lot of experience in coverage...not saying he'll push for a starter role this early, but he could at least see his snap counts go up if he produces...

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Very eager to see these new LBs in play.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

When we first took Tranquill, I was a bit miffed but I will freely admit I have a thing versus Notre Dame. After I have had a look this kid appears to be an extremely versatile piece of the overall puzzle. I am eager to see him lace them up in September.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      8 weeks. So close yet so damn far away.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

8 weeks. So close yet so damn far away.
                        And only 100 days from the first real game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          When we first took Tranquill, I was a bit miffed but I will freely admit I have a thing versus Notre Dame. After I have had a look this kid appears to be an extremely versatile piece of the overall puzzle. I am eager to see him lace them up in September.
                          Me too, i didn't know him until they drafted and i have a "ND underperformer" unease about drafting anyone from there. Think Manti. I watched some of his tape, albeit culled highlight reels are always risky, but he seems to have an "it" factor. Kid looks like a baller to me. Not sure when he'll see action either as if all the LBs return healthy, there's a line in front of him. But i do look forward to seeing him in PS.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X