• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

That gives McCoy a 52 man roster essentially. Do people not remember having to go to the street to find o lineman last year? Would much rather carry an extra lineman than a 3rd QB. (For a starting QB that hasn't missed a start yet in his career).

Again, he provides no value on the field this year. That's all I'm saying. Cut him and put him on the practice squad.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I look forward to seeing him play in preseason, but question whether to keep him on hte squad. How many 3rd string qbs ever go on to be quality starters?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        I look forward to seeing him play in preseason, but question whether to keep him on hte squad. How many 3rd string qbs ever go on to be quality starters?
        There were some statistics I posted a while back that pretty much showed 7th rounders have virtually no shot at being a successful starter.

Think it was done by football outsiders.

Comment

• Charged up
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          It just means the talent level across the board is much higher.

Again, Sorenson will not help this team win in any shape or form this season (or next more than likely).

Put him on the PS and keep a guy that can at least maybe help on STs.
          If they keep him, it's for a reason. It means he is showing a skill set that the coaching staff likes.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            And who do you think would be gullible enough to trade for Keiser? Why would anyone trade for a player that is likely to be cut?

Yes, Keiser made some plays for us last season. But he is a journeyman. No one is going to give up anything of value for him.
            Depends on when it happens. They dont know he will get cut. Its early in TC and he was on our team last year. You never know. Im not talking getting a good pick. Id take a 7th.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

That gives McCoy a 52 man roster essentially. Do people not remember having to go to the street to find o lineman last year? Would much rather carry an extra lineman than a 3rd QB. (For a starting QB that hasn't missed a start yet in his career).

Again, he provides no value on the field this year. That's all I'm saying. Cut him and put him on the practice squad.
              Depends on how they see it. I dont think they will cut him, but who knows. Rivers has been durable but you never know what can happen. I dont care either way but i know thy like him.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The roster sorts itself out. If Sorensen contiues to improve, that is beyond our control
                If he stagnates he will go.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Maybe they'll cut Clemens if Sorensen really plays well. Is any of his contract guaranteed?

Comment

• Grinners
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

There were some statistics I posted a while back that pretty much showed 7th rounders have virtually no shot at being a successful starter.

Think it was done by football outsiders.
                    They don't see your post(s) on the subject they can only see Brady.........................

Comment

• Grinners
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Thanks Bolt-O and others for your updates!

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                        Maybe they'll cut Clemens if Sorensen really plays well. Is any of his contract guaranteed?
                        He got a 650k signing bonus. I'd much rather have a veteran backup, than a developmental guy that hasn't taken a regular season snap. Clemons also has the advantage of having faced all 4 NFC West opponents last year.

I don't discount that they like him, I just question the use of the roster spot on a player that will never see the field in any capacity this season. If he lasted till the 7th round last year, there's a good chance he will pass through waivers and stick on the PS.

Again, just remember last season. We had to go to the street to get an O lineman and CB's.
                        Last edited by Beerman; 07-27-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

2014 Training Camp Observations Thread

Again, just remember last season. We had to go to the street to get an O lineman and CB's.
                          And they didn't cut Sorensen then so why would they now? Theoretically he should be closer to being able to contribute if needed, no?

Comment

Working...
                          X