Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    man that WR battle is going to be the one to watch in preseason. CB too but I think the picture is a little more clear there. WR is totally unpredictable once you get beyond Allen, Floyd and Royal. Only the 5th spot is up for grabs at corner. Will probably come down to Marshall, Ghee or Davis.
    Unless something radical happens in games, I think that battle has been decided. If Marshall is indeed back from injury, there's no way he loses his roster spot to an injury-prone player or a talented but inconsistent UDFA.
    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      VB is expandable?
      Too many trips to Taco Bell and you'll see just how expandable he is.

Chris Mims logo:
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        To me, VB has to connect with Rivers to keep his job. Tough to connect when your standing on the sidelines. I think VB has talent, but I think he lost River's confidence last year.
        The stats suggest otherwise. Do you need me to dig them up again?
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
          I have a bad feeling about this.
          Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Nah, he's a vet and a damn good one, he'll be okay.
          Nice to agree with you for a change!

Yeah, Flowers is and will be fine.

Alex, you remind me a bit of my fiancee. If she gets dizzy, she asks if I think she might have a brain tumor. If she notices a freckle that's slightly darker, she wonders if she has cancer.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            Unless something radical happens in games, I think that battle has been decided. If Marshall is indeed back from injury, there's no way he loses his roster spot to an injury-prone player or a talented but inconsistent UDFA.
            Agreed. I would expect them to try to sign Davis to the PS if he continues to impress.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Daniel Stebbins ‏@dstebbs 1h
              Steve Williams could be a star. When matched up man to man he shuts down the WR's route most times. That's Allen or Floyd typically.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                The stats suggest otherwise. Do you need me to dig them up again?
                Please, no more stats.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'll play: do the stats show he's a top quality #1 WR? Or is that irrelevant cuz he's so far down the roster (when he's healthy...).

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    I'll play: do the stats show he's a top quality #1 WR? Or is that irrelevant cuz he's so far down the roster (when he's healthy...).
                    See, now you're just being an ass.

:finger:

Are you suggesting that I have ever suggested Tutu (or Brown) could ever be a top quality #1 WR? Because if you actually believe this, then you really ought to consider a reading comprehension course. (Actually, I did suggest that about Brown a couple of years ago, but this board didn't exist then.)

My comment to F21 refers to the fact that someone made a similar comment earlier in the offseason about Rivers having lost confidence in Brown, so I looked up the stats. Neither Brown's targets nor receptions changed appreciably after either game where his wrong route led to a pick. One would suppose that if Rivers had lost confidence in Brown, he would have stopped throwing his way. On the contrary, the evidence suggests that everyone who claims Rivers has lost confidence in Brown is wrong and simply projecting their own loss of confidence in Brown.

And as for Tutu, you set the bar pretty low at 40 receptions. A legit #1 WR should have 2-3 times that amount. I do not under any circumstance believe Tutu is capable of putting up those sorts of numbers. But I do believe he is easily capable of being in the 40-60 catch range if he were in the starting rotation. But you seem to think because he's not producing more than a small handful of catches as the number 4-5 WR in a run-heavy offense that throws primarily to RBs and TEs, he must be a horrible WR who the coaches are hankering to replace. Not exactly the most piercing football analysis!
                    Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Another padded practice. Flowers, Brown, Ohrnberger and Cromartie not practicing. Flowers' owie is not serious, per him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Eric Williams ‏@eric_d_williams 14m

Brandon Flowers icing left knee during practice. Flowers had a knee issue in Kansas City last year.
                        --

Eric Williams ‏@eric_d_williams 20m

Jason Verrett showed impressive speed, running stride for stride with Tevin Reese on deep ball.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Thought I read where the bottom of the roster should be filled with guys who can't be starters, my mistake.

I would hope MM looks to fill the bottom of the roster with guys who, while they contribute something small now, might in the future develop into legit starters. That window seems to have passed with both Tutu and Brown, IMHO: both have had opportunity to "break out" and neither have (Brown has come closer, granted). Why not put resources into new prospects? (like we did with them once upon a time...)

Anybody think we could win a playoff game with Brown and Tutu as the starting WRs for us? I don't. Next up. (or, I'll let the coaches decide, their job and all)

Comment

Working...
                          X