Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Now if Rivers would have said this he probably would have got torched by scumbag media hounds.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

the more I think about this situation the more I'm hoping we don't sign him to even a reasonable contract
        I like the way this is playing out just fine (provided we win early)
        MG will be in here after week 10 to provide fresh legs
        RBBC will gain valuable experience
        ask our HC to use his RB coach experience to coach up mid to late round talent and allow us to pay premium positions (QB, OL, DL).
        let MG walk for comp pick.
        its not personal, I've always been saying we should take advantage of Lynn's background.
        MGs holdout just makes it a easier decision for me.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          the more I think about this situation the more I'm hoping we don't sign him to even a reasonable contract
          ask our HC to use his RB coach experience to coach up mid to late round talent and allow us to pay premium positions (QB, OL, DL).
          its not personal, I've always been saying we should take advantage of Lynn's background.
          If the Bolts are offering around $10 mil a year for 4 years, IMHO, even THAT'S overpaying a little. If it's me, I offer $8 mil a year for 3 years, and an "out" after 2...

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I wanna know which side will give in first. I think Melvin is getting some pretty bad advice from his agent or agents, I heard he has two either way I think he comes out with less money then he wanted. But then again Chargers have played lowball on some players before. We all know this team as in the front office can be cheapskates and not pay a player what they are worth but Gordon has to come down from his asking price imo.

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

We won't know how this plays out until the season starts. There seems to be a lot of confidence that Gordon will not be missed and the Chargers will win without him. That is really an unknown and a little bit risky to count on.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

We won't know how this plays out until the season starts. There seems to be a lot of confidence that Gordon will not be missed and the Chargers will win without him. That is really an unknown and a little bit risky to count on.
                If we start the season losing, obviously the team loses leverage but I can't imagine MG being the difference maker.
                I think the bigger risk would be to cave to his demands at any point in the season.
                in fact, id start lessening the guaranteed money from my offer the longer this drags out.
                Let me ask it this way, how many loses in a row would it take for you to meet his contract demands (if you're GM) assuming its in the 13+ range?
                my answer is none.
                if we go 0-2 I think there's a chance we turn things around and bet on that.
                if we go 0-4 then I think we have a bigger problem than the drop off between MG and RBBC
                if we go 0-8 then we're not making the playoffs at all.
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Big Dog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm sure MG's agents are telling him they only need one team to pay him the money he wants ... but I think that 1 team was the jets and nobody else is crazy enough to pay him what he is asking for ... MG is top 6 in TD's last year and never in rushing yards did he ever go more than 9th ... and he is asking for top 3 money ...

Let he sit out, fine his ass so when he shows in week 10 he only gets 2 m for the season ... if Zeke doesn't show up before August 7th then all MG's leverage is gone ...

Comment

• bartman83642
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Assuming that he actually comes back at all. He could go the Bell route and sit out the whole year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Assuming that he actually comes back at all. He could go the Bell route and sit out the whole year.
                      Then he will be on the same 5th year option w/ the Bolts in 2020 for $5.6mil and the entire 2019 season worth of fines which will eat up his salary.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Then he will be on the same 5th year option w/ the Bolts in 2020 for $5.6mil and the entire 2019 season worth of fines which will eat up his salary.
                        Yup.

my question is this.
                        can MG get around playing at all if he reports after week 10 and fakes an injury?
                        I know that would damage his image as a player to the other 31 teams he's trying to get a contract from, but wouldn't he be able to accrue the season while not playing for the Chargers?
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Yup.

my question is this.
                          can MG get around playing at all if he reports after week 10 and fakes an injury?
                          I know that would damage his image as a player to the other 31 teams he's trying to get a contract from, but wouldn't he be able to accrue the season while not playing for the Chargers?
                          The team's medical staff would have to come to that independent evaluation. Am I wrong there?
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X