Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lamp was playing RG, with Feeney at LG, when Quessenberry came in at center during the first two preseason games. I'm assuming the same thing happened in practice. And Whiz, at least from interviews, seem to want him to primarily practice at the guard positions as opposed to having him learn more positional responsibilities.
    Thanks...I honestly didn't catch much of that. Good to know....need to record the next game.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yes. Local dude. Maybe a little sentimentality.

Nobody liked his size. He has long arms and great technique. Now watch Isaiah Wynn with NE.

I watched a little NE last night by the way.
      What strikes me is how real, real solid, cohesive, and consistent their IOL is, w/Scarnecchia doing the teaching.
      Joe Thuney-David Andrews-Shaq Mason.
      Midrounders, UDFAs.

We can do this !! With a little development and Pat Meyer tutelage, and Pouncey leadership short term, we can be strong at Oline. Feeney-Qberry-Lamp.
      It's a beautiful dream and the obvious plan. Truly wish them luck. I've envied strong IOL teams for many years. Control the center of the LOS - with a quality QB & "skill" players, you got something. Let's do it with Pouncey this year.

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

I think its our weakest point... the season will go down because of the OL. Tommie doesnt have the magic to build a proper OL...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Yes. Local dude. Maybe a little sentimentality.

Nobody liked his size. He has long arms and great technique. Now watch Isaiah Wynn with NE.

I watched a little NE last night by the way.
          What strikes me is how real, real solid, cohesive, and consistent their IOL is, w/Scarnecchia doing the teaching.
          Joe Thuney-David Andrews-Shaq Mason.
          Midrounders, UDFAs.

We can do this !! With a little development and Pat Meyer tutelage, and Pouncey leadership short term, we can be strong at Oline. Feeney-Qberry-Lamp.
          Yep...I'd like to at least see Lamp in for Scho...Scho gives up a LOT of pressures...

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            I think its our weakest point... the season will go down because of the OL. Tommie doesnt have the magic to build a proper OL...
            That's the prevailing opinion on forums. The question in my mind is prep & gameplan. Lynn & Whiz have to use what we have to good effect, Meyer has to have them ready for the specific plan vs a specific opponent. Beating Bal at Bal is a good example. They kicked our butts in LA. Not so fast in Bal. We need more of the @ Bal team.

The talent is varied with a quality pro C That's a good starting point. Schofield is a journeyman RT/OG with a SB ring he got as starting RT. Feeney & Lamp were quality picks with apparent upside that has been slow to develop. Scott is decent, a surprise but a good one. Tevi is inconsistent. I like the play where he buried Suggs though.

They don't have to lose but everyone has to do their job. It's a plus that this D won't allow anyone's offense to score 5 consecutive TDs to begin a game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Gentlemen ... breathe. i think:

- its not coincidence PR isn't playing PS. it is intentional, it just has nothing to do with the OL. he's not playing alot of proven starters
              - they are trying Lamp at LG as moving Feeney to RG could be an option. Not like Feeney was great at LG, guys
              - I think Bark was as good as Tevi, personally. Tevi is not very good. Scho is also not very good.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

My moderating belief has always been more community oriented. Meaning as someone who feels we are all on the same team.... that we should be policing ourselves. Its just better that way. Mods will step in or i will if things get really bad.

But nobody here is better than anyone else.

I love sprited debates. But when they become personal attacks its not good for us. Us the community. As in WE. This is a team. When guys go at it in a dugout or locker room..the other players try and smooth it over. Im not here to babysit. We are grown men. I have 100% faith that we can overcome debates that go out on a personal attack sort of limb.

So lets try to figure out a way to agree to disagree. If its something that cant get ironed out i will ask for guys to block each other. Especially if its just opinions that are disagreed on that cause resentment and anger. If personal attacks persist i may say something on a more personal level.

But we got this fellas.

Mahalo

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Have I missed Lamp getting reps on the rightside.....this year? Are they just working him left side to get Feeney reps at center? Again...perplexed we haven't seen Lamp at multiple positions, since Feeney seems the consensus LG.

Best chance we have to develop Lamp and reap the rewards is if he gets on the field come regular season....he is no worse than Feeney was when we pressed him into service, maybe better. Gotta get him out there, I say.....
                  Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lamp was playing RG, with Feeney at LG, when Quessenberry came in at center during the first two preseason games. I'm assuming the same thing happened in practice. And Whiz, at least from interviews, seem to want him to primarily practice at the guard positions as opposed to having him learn more positional responsibilities.
                  What he said.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Have I missed Lamp getting reps on the rightside.....this year? Are they just working him left side to get Feeney reps at center? Again...perplexed we haven't seen Lamp at multiple positions, since Feeney seems the consensus LG.

Best chance we have to develop Lamp and reap the rewards is if he gets on the field come regular season....he is no worse than Feeney was when we pressed him into service, maybe better. Gotta get him out there, I say.....
                    Here's Lamp at RG with some pretty good pass pro for Jones on a completion to Patton:

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Here's Lamp again at RG pulling out and with a very nice downfield block to help spring JJ on that sweep:

image.png

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        Gentlemen ... breathe. i think:

- its not coincidence PR isn't playing PS. it is intentional, it just has nothing to do with the OL. he's not playing alot of proven starters
                        - they are trying Lamp at LG as moving Feeney to RG could be an option. Not like Feeney was great at LG, guys
                        - I think Bark was as good as Tevi, personally. Tevi is not very good. Scho is also not very good.
                        If you go back to last year only, Tevi is a better run blocker than Barksdale. He needs to improve his pass blocking if he wants to be good. But at least he still has room to improve unlike Barksdale.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

We are not alone ...

Injuries along the offensive line have taken a toll on the Los Angeles Chargers, and the proof was in their performance against the Seattle Seahawks.

Comment

Working...
                          X