• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

I want Tevi to be good and he has gotton a little better. Maybe he is more comfortable on the left. Just wish he would flourish.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-28-2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

He appears fairly agile for a man his size.
      Hopefully he continues to improve.
      If he and Lamp can show as much improvement next year, as they have this year, their a serviceable pair.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I want Tevi to be good and he has gotton a little better. Maybe he is more comfortable on the left. Just wish he would flourish.
        I want Tevi to be good, too. If they re-sign him, I'd rather he be a swing tackle. I want my LT to be a guy I find in this year's 1st (Sewell) or 2nd round (lot's of 2nd round options this draft). If Tevi improves under Campen, he takes over for Bulaga in a year (or two).

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I want Tevi to be good, too. If they re-sign him, I'd rather he be a swing tackle. I want my LT to be a guy I find in this year's 1st (Sewell) or 2nd round (lot's of 2nd round options this draft). If Tevi improves under Campen, he takes over for Bulaga in a year (or two).
          Agree, Tevi should be a backup and once again we need to draft a high rated LT. Seems we say this every year.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Agree, Tevi should be a backup and once again we need to draft a high rated LT. Seems we say this every year.
            Every year!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yep...EVERY year, there's a weak link or two at OT...

...before Tevi, the weak link was Barksdale...
              ...before Barks, the weak link was Fluker...
              ...before Fluke, the weak link was Clary...
              ...along with Clary, another weak link was Harris...
              ...along with these scrubs was the ultimate Weak Link, Lazy Gaither...
              ...good times...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

We need to draft a new GM

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  We need to draft a new GM
                  OL issues consistently limits the types of plays that can be called! It is amazing really the offensive production overall the Chargers have had when the OL has been far below average in about every metric imaginable. How many more years will Chargers nation have to see poor OL play. OL play is so critical to stability in team performance. PFF shows Feeney, Lamp, and Pipkins as being very marginal at best. I am getting so tired of Steichen getting blamed for offensive production when the OL play has been so consistently poor!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Seriously I want TT gone.Enough is enough,no more trash o and d lines.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Bill Barnwell on ESPN+ explaining how to fix the Chargers. Here's what he has to say about the OL.

"Go after offensive line help. The Chargers have to do more to protect Herbert, whose line has been riddled with injuries. Offseason additions Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner have both missed significant time, and while they're on the roster in 2021, none of the other regulars will join them. Center Mike Pouncey, who hasn't played since Week 5 of the 2019 season, is an unrestricted free agent. So are lesser-known linemen Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Sam Tevi, and Ryan Groy, who have combined for 2,647 snaps this season. The Chargers rank 32nd in pass block win rate and 31st in run block win rate, so while they won't miss the departing free agents, they'll need three new starters and depth up front."

This OL is complete garbage. No one on the OL should be starting for a real NFL team. I'll give Balaga and Turner another shot because of injuries, if their salaries are renegotiated, but I wouldn't mind letting them walk.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I am fine keeping Tevi and Lamp as back ups. Toner, Pipkins and Storm too. But I really want to see the GM go hard at OL - I will be a broken record

If its not Penei Sewell but a guy like Wyatt Davis in R1 and they come back in 2 or 3 for OT - thats fine. Look at Indy, Nelson slipped to 6th and they took Smith in the second round - Indy OL is pretty stout and they have a solid Center in Kelly. It just doesn't have to be OT - though Sewell at LT would be nice

I just thinks its so friggin obvious that two players need to be added to OL - that I just feel Telesco will think he has enough and bypass the whole damn OL if he is still GM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                          https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...chargers-lions

Bill Barnwell on ESPN+ explaining how to fix the Chargers. Here's what he has to say about the OL.

"Go after offensive line help. The Chargers have to do more to protect Herbert, whose line has been riddled with injuries. Offseason additions Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner have both missed significant time, and while they're on the roster in 2021, none of the other regulars will join them. Center Mike Pouncey, who hasn't played since Week 5 of the 2019 season, is an unrestricted free agent. So are lesser-known linemen Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Sam Tevi, and Ryan Groy, who have combined for 2,647 snaps this season. The Chargers rank 32nd in pass block win rate and 31st in run block win rate, so while they won't miss the departing free agents, they'll need three new starters and depth up front."

This OL is complete garbage. No one on the OL should be starting for a real NFL team. I'll give Balaga and Turner another shot because of injuries, if their salaries are renegotiated, but I wouldn't mind letting them walk.
                          A good OLI helps the entire team: running game, passing game, ball control, short yardage, control the line of scrimmage keeps the other defense on the field. The Chargers don't need the best OL but they need to move to the top 10-12 in the league. If that means a pick on each day of the draft for OL - I am all for it. I just don't want Telesco or the new GM to wait until rounds 6 and 7. I want quality

Comment

Working...
                          X