• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    One year, $9mil extension for Mike Pouncey.

Continuity...
    Nobody's got a beef with putting your best player at the position on the field and keeping him there. Continuity becomes a dirty word when coaches/org don't want to risk change and keep a system/player in place because of it when there are seemingly better options.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Nobody's got a beef with putting your best player at the position on the field and keeping him there. Continuity becomes a dirty word when coaches/org don't want to risk change and keep a system/player in place because of it when there are seemingly better options.
      Pouncey + Feeney/Lamp + Ek/JJ will carry us.

The model/blocking concepts Pat Meyer subscribes to was previously apparent @ BUF 2015,6,7, with Incognito/Wood/Shady intact and creating great production.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Pouncey + Feeney/Lamp + Ek/JJ will carry us.

The model/blocking concepts Pat Meyer subscribes to was previously apparent @ BUF 2015,6,7, with Incognito/Wood/Shady intact and creating great production.
        That would require they actually play Lamp. I'd rather suffer thru Lamp's learning curve than Scho's frequent brain spasms but coaches coach and fans watch so what do I know.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

2016 (pre Lynn/Meyer)
          Dunlap-Franklin-Slauson-Fluker-Barksdale
          2017 (Lynn/Meyer)
          Okung-Slauson/Feeney-Pulley-Wiggins-Barksdale
          Okung-Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield-Barksdale/Tevi
          2019 (projected)
          Scott-Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield-Tevi
          There were OL changes. Year 1 and 2 seems like they're getting better. The W -L record sure did. I respect that.
          According to Lynn Lamp will be getting game snaps at OG in rotation/situation work. Sounds like he has a chance to earn a starting job if he's a better OG vs starting level opponents than a current starter.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

2016 (pre Lynn/Meyer)
            Dunlap-Franklin-Slauson-Fluker-Barksdale
            2017 (Lynn/Meyer)
            Okung-Slauson/Feeney-Pulley-Wiggins-Barksdale
            Okung-Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield-Barksdale/Tevi
            2019 (projected)
            Scott-Feeney-Pouncey-Schofield-Tevi
            There were OL changes. Year 1 and 2 seems like they're getting better. The W -L record sure did. I respect that.
            According to Lynn Lamp will be getting game snaps at OG in rotation/situation work. Sounds like he has a chance to earn a starting job if he's a better OG vs starting level opponents than a current starter.
            Hoping he replaces Schofield like Tevi did with Barksdale. Though with better results.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sufan144 View Post
              Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Texans traded their entire future for this year. If they win a Super Bowl this year then it paid off. Otherwise they got fleeced by the Dolphins. Also you do realize that the Patriots traded for the equivalent of Tevi and Drango right? If we had done that, they would just be scrubs according to some here

My reaction Chargers have a 2 to 3 year window with Rivers they need to be all in now I dont blame the Texans there Oline is terrible let's look at some of the Chargers previous Quarterbacks let's see Ryan Queef Leaf Billy Joe Overthrow Tolliver Mark not classic Vlassic Babe the pig Laufenberg John I never Freeze the DB Friesz Mark the bone Malone Jim not so slim Mc Mahon Moses God Forbid Moreno Craig I am not a fan of Whelihan Tom not Easton Stick Flick Bob Gagliano I should have played the Piano Erik Kramer versus Kramer none could be lamer Jim Everret once called Chris by Jim Rome I guess Quarterbacks grow on trees no they dont so mr Telesco & co let's do something now period.
              Couple of things:
              1) I like Tunsil but he's worth a 2nd IMO. Definitely not the outrageous price that the Texans paid for him. But that's what desperate people do when they know their job is in jeopardy. They try to go all in, and that rarely ever works in the NFL. The reason there is a window is because smart GM don't operate year to year. They make sure that window stays open as long as possible by not making stupid desperate decisions like what Bill O'Brien did. Essentially, we went through the same thing in 2012 when AJ Smith was trying to save his job. And it blew up in our face.

2) If you're going to trade a high pick for an OL, don't waste it on a tackle when your QB is Rivers. Get a guard like Nelson, Decastro, Zach Martin, etc.
              Last edited by Xenos; 09-03-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Hoping he replaces Schofield like Tevi did with Barksdale. Though with better results.
                I think Lynn & Meyer want that but he has to clearly earn it vs opp starters.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Couple of things:
                  1) I like Tunsil but he's worth a 2nd IMO. Definitely not the outrageous price that the Texans paid for him. But that's what desperate people do when they know their job is in jeopardy. They try to go all in, and that rarely ever works in the NFL. The reason there is a window is because smart GM don't operate year to year. They make sure that window stays open as long as possible by not making stupid desperate decisions like what Bill O'Brien did. Essentially, we went through the same thing in 2012 when AJ Smith was trying to save his job. And it nearly blew up in our face.

2) If you're going to trade a high pick for an OL, don't waste it on a tackle when your QB is Rivers. Get a guard like Nelson, Decastro, Zach Martin, etc.
                  Those are my guys. You're preaching to the choir here. Drafting Lamp & Feeney may not have been a bull's eye but it was a shot at the correct target...and it ain't over 'till it's over. Both are playing this year, let's see how it goes.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lamp ain't.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Lamp ain't.
                      According to Lynn, he will be rotated in.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

According to Lynn, he will be rotated in.
                        Believe it when it happens.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Believe it when it happens.
                          Remember he did it with Tevi and Barksdale, so there is precedent.

Comment

Working...
                          X