• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Look for Lynn to replace Lamp with Groy when Turner returns.
    But Lamp hasn't even gotten hurt yet...

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I would expect Lamp and Feeney to be back (re-signed with friendly contracts). Considering our lack of depth @IOL, we have no choice.
      Turner and Bulaga could be extended (@ friendlier terms). Again, lack of depth... have no choice. Both are being over-paid currently.
      I don't expect Tevi to develop much more... and Pipkins still has a ways to go. Choose your poison here. Neither should be starters IMO.

Give me a real LT in the 1st or 2nd. Sewell would be the dream choice... but he probably goes Top-5. Big question... where do we draft next year...?

MW already has 2021 5th-year.
      HH negotiation will be something to watch.
      I agree that MI is probably out.

High Pick:
      1st: OT Sewell
      2nd: DE Rumph

Middle Round:
      1st: OT Little
      2nd: DE Tryon

Late round (yeah, right)

1st: OT Radunz
      2nd: DE Rashed jr
      I dont think there is such a thing as a team friendly contract on the OL if you can play. These guys are in demand.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I dont think there is such a thing as a team friendly contract on the OL if you can play. These guys are in demand.
        We're paying top dollar for past talent that refuses to play even for big bucks. Somethings gonna break for long term guaranteed oline players. Like We'll pay you but there might be clawbacks for soft tissue injuries. My back is stiff or my muscles feel stiff or my calf feels strained....These guys are vacationing on the rest of the teams time...they think it's a big joke to steal from the owners.

:stirpot:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We're paying top dollar for past talent that refuses to play even for big bucks. Somethings gonna break for long term guaranteed oline players. Like We'll pay you but there might be clawbacks for soft tissue injuries. My back is stiff or my muscles feel stiff or my calf feels strained....These guys are vacationing on the rest of the teams time...they think it's a big joke to steal from the owners.

Not the actual reality.
          ”claw backs” are never going to happen.
          This thinking is a waste of your time.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not the actual reality.
            ”claw backs” are never going to happen.
            This thinking is a waste of your time.
            Not if it's an incentivized contract. Maybe clawbacks are the wrong terminology here! If you you don't meet these benchmarks you don't get paid.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

how do you know this is happening? Do you blame Derwin, Ekeler and Tranquill the same?

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

how do you know this is happening? Do you blame Derwin, Ekeler and Tranquill the same?
                Ekeler has a soft tissue injury but it's clearly documented and HE WANTS to get back to playing. Derwin and Tranquil both have verifiable injuries that can be medically proven through exrays and such....

The key here is these players mentioned WANT to play so they get a pass plus their injuries are proven. Having soft grey matter doesn't get you a pass...

:Cheers1:

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Who said these guys can play...? What has Lamp or Feeney done to deserve more than "friendly contracts"...? Bulaga and Turner are over-paid. Both of their previous teams decided they weren't worth the money. We just happen to be so bad at planning for the future in regards to the OL that we always over-pay for other teams FA's. Pouncey, Okung, Franklin... the list goes on and on. And we knew half of the OL would be FA's by year's end. And what have we done draft-wise over the last 2 years...? Over-draft a project (Pipkins) in the 3rd round...?

The Chargers are completely un-serious about fixing their biggest problem... the OL. You are right... there is no such thing as a team-friendly contract for OL who can play. Those guys get retained/resigned. The best way to build an OL is to draft your own (not projects). And most the time, that means spending some 1st round draft capital...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Ekeler has a soft tissue injury but it's clearly documented and HE WANTS to get back to playing. Derwin and Tranquil both have verifiable injuries that can be medically proven through exrays and such....

The key here is these players mentioned WANT to play so they get a pass plus their injuries are proven. Having soft grey matter doesn't get you a pass...

:Cheers1:
                    is there documentation where these guys say they dont WANT to play?

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

w
                      Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

is there documentation where these guys say they dont WANT to play?
                      Start with Pouncey and work your way down to Bulaga and see how many snaps they've taken. They wanta get paid! It's fairly obvious and the writing is on the wall...I'm not going to help you to read it.....

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Who said these guys can play...? What has Lamp or Feeney done to deserve more than "friendly contracts"...? Bulaga and Turner are over-paid. Both of their previous teams decided they weren't worth the money. We just happen to be so bad at planning for the future in regards to the OL that we always over-pay for other teams FA's. Pouncey, Okung, Franklin... the list goes on and on. And we knew half of the OL would be FA's by year's end. And what have we done draft-wise over the last 2 years...? Over-draft a project (Pipkins) in the 3rd round...?

The Chargers are completely un-serious about fixing their biggest problem... the OL. You are right... there is no such thing as a team-friendly contract for OL who can play. Those guys get retained/resigned. The best way to build an OL is to draft your own (not projects). And most the time, that means spending some 1st round draft capital...
                        This all damn day!^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Guard Spain released from the Bills?Worth a look?

Comment

Working...
                          X