Great Scott * Magic Lamp * St. Michael * Dan the Man * Sam I am
    Good one ☝️

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Dale SeasonTix View Post
      Feeney and Tevi were among the very lowest rating OL in the NFL (Pro football focus). Glad to see Lamp back. Even if OKung is back the OL will continue to be the weakest part of the team. They should trade a draft pick for a Vet now! We only gave up a 3rd rounder to get Stan Humphries and in the Super Bowl. Well half of you on this board were not even born yet. Our season will be defined by our OL. Not interested in watching Tevi try to block Von Miller in two games. Biggest disappointment this year the OL is not addressed by Telesco and that was even before OKung was out.
      lot to address here.... in the big pic, still find it hard to believe that the NFL has much if any interest in hosting an NFL playoff game in a two bit soccer stadium.

and the Oline is a result of FO decisions gone by.... we spent FA monies on Travis B. instead of investing in the likes of Bobby Massie, and ditto for spending draft capital of seven overall on MW in lieu of Ryan Ramczyk (and you can retort that no one knew, and yet.... some of us were lobbying hard all along).

instead of trading a draft pick (of which we should be stockpiling.... NE is gonna have about 13 picks next draft btw), think we should be looking at moving MG3 for a lineman.... my thought/target would be OCorey Linsley in GB.

will also add that 'tis not uncommon for frosh/soph to be lower rated by PFF, than in years to follow.... think Feeney is gonna be just fine, and Sam could surprise as well.

ps. next year's draft appears thin @the OT position.... (hopefully we pick/ante up for an IOL in next year's draft).
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Scott - Lamp - Feeney - Schofield - Tevi had a solid outing to start PS 1 vs Ari.
        Sure, it's PS 1 and yes, it was Ari but I've seen projected Chargers OL just shredded in 1st quarter of PS 1 by nobody special in the past.
        It's an improvement.
        There may be reason to hope that Lynn & co may have a workable OL plan in place.
        TBD.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          Scott - Lamp - Feeney - Schofield - Tevi had a solid outing to start PS 1 vs Ari.
          Sure, it's PS 1 and yes, it was Ari but I've seen projected Chargers OL just shredded in 1st quarter of PS 1 by nobody special in the past.
          It's an improvement.
          There may be reason to hope that Lynn & co may have a workable OL plan in place.
          TBD.
          I'm not sure Tevi and Schofield are the solution on the right side.
          Sure that Pouncey is a starter on that line but where?
          If it's at C, the battle at G is open between Lamp, Feeney and Schofield.
          Is it Feeney or Qberry the backup C of that team?
          Find a real LT and put Scott at RT waiting for Okung's return.

Comment

• Big Dog
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Not sure why Whiz doesn't even try playing out OL guys at their preferred positions ...

Lamp played LT in college, Freeney played RG in college and Scho played RT previously ... so why not try:

Lamp - ?? - Pouncey - Freeney - Scho

or

Scott - Lamp - Pouncey - Freeney - Scho

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I'm not sure Tevi and Schofield are the solution on the right side.
              Sure that Pouncey is a starter on that line but where?
              If it's at C, the battle at G is open between Lamp, Feeney and Schofield.
              Is it Feeney or Qberry the backup C of that team?
              Find a real LT and put Scott at RT waiting for Okung's return.

Pouncey will start at center. Feeney is the principal back up center & might spot start for Pouncey a few times to conserve Pouncey. I like the way Feeney played; Lynn liked the way Feeney played.

Everything else is up in the air.

Lamp's play "was improving" during the preseason game according to Lynn. Not necessarily an endorsement.

Schofield's play was typically underwhelming. Why he is locked in at RG is beyond me.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                Not sure why Whiz doesn't even try playing out OL guys at their preferred positions ...

Lamp played LT in college, Freeney played RG in college and Scho played RT previously ... so why not try:

or

Seems like a possibility.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pouncey will start at center. Feeney is the principal back up center & might spot start for Pouncey a few times to conserve Pouncey. I like the way Feeney played; Lynn liked the way Feeney played.

Everything else is up in the air.

Lamp's play "was improving" during the preseason game according to Lynn. Not necessarily an endorsement.

Schofield's play was typically underwhelming. Why he is locked in at RG is beyond me.
                  I agree, Pouncey has been a C his entire career. More playing time in these pre-season games should get Lamp ready. The dudes a road grader on the running plays but still needs work on the passing plays. I wish they'd give Feeney a shot at RG.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

instead of trading a draft pick (of which we should be stockpiling.... NE is gonna have about 13 picks next draft btw), think we should be looking at moving MG3 for a lineman.... my thought/target would be OCorey Linsley in GB.
                    gonna amend the above, as now have OG Lane Taylor in my sites as a potential roster casualty in GB, and.... don't think they have interest in adding $13m @RB (who does ?), and.... would volunteer that we are fairly set @tackle, and that if we can slot Schofield in as our swing tackle, and given that Pouncey might be limited, and sooner than later, why not have an interior of Lamp, Feeney and Taylor ??

think that's where the focus needs to be.... w/the IOL.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

FWIW, Daniel Popper of The Athletic projects the starting oline to be Scott, Lamp, Pouncey, Schofield and Tevi.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        FWIW, Daniel Popper of The Athletic projects the starting oline to be Scott, Lamp, Pouncey, Schofield and Tevi.
                        I think this is correct.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

or

It's a mystery. Why draft guys who excelled at one position in college and justified you drafting them and then put them in another position?

Comment

Working...
                          X