• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Seattle's Walter Jones used to skip a lot of camp & preseason, still made quite a dew Pro Bowls. Okung needs to stick with what's right for his health issue. When he's cleared, missing padded drills & PS games won't be a setback.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      Seattle's Walter Jones used to skip a lot of camp & preseason, still made quite a dew Pro Bowls. Okung needs to stick with what's right for his health issue. When he's cleared, missing padded drills & PS games won't be a setback.
      Do you not remember how stiff and sore the body gets after the first couple of days of playing with the pads on? I recall just barely being able to run for a few days after the early practice. Okung will have at least a couple of days to let the body adjust to the hitting. I did even when I was a 17 year old HS kid. Everybody does.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Do you not remember how stiff and sore the body gets after the first couple of days of playing with the pads on? I recall just barely being able to run for a few days after the early practice. Okung will have at least a couple of days to let the body adjust to the hitting. I did even when I was a 17 year old HS kid. Everybody does.
        Its like snow skiing for the first time each season. No matter how hard you train/stretch/warm up you are always sore the first time out for the season.

Comment

• Flchargersfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Did anyone notice how Pipkins played? I saw him on a few plays and he looked good but I couldn't tell if he started the game at RT or if Tevi did

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Flchargersfan View Post
            Did anyone notice how Pipkins played? I saw him on a few plays and he looked good but I couldn't tell if he started the game at RT or if Tevi did
            Welcome to the Powder Blues! I did see Pipkins, he played on both sides. The biggest question answered was that he's NFL capable, but still he needs lots of work to get better.

Comment

• Dale SeasonTix
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Feeney and Tevi were among the very lowest rating OL in the NFL (Pro football focus). Glad to see Lamp back. Even if OKung is back the OL will continue to be the weakest part of the team. They should trade a draft pick for a Vet now! We only gave up a 3rd rounder to get Stan Humphries and in the Super Bowl. Well half of you on this board were not even born yet. Our season will be defined by our OL. Not interested in watching Tevi try to block Von Miller in two games. Biggest disappointment this year the OL is not addressed by Telesco and that was even before OKung was out.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Dale SeasonTix View Post
                Feeney and Tevi were among the very lowest rating OL in the NFL (Pro football focus). Glad to see Lamp back. Even if OKung is back the OL will continue to be the weakest part of the team. They should trade a draft pick for a Vet now! We only gave up a 3rd rounder to get Stan Humphries and in the Super Bowl. Well half of you on this board were not even born yet. Our season will be defined by our OL. Not interested in watching Tevi try to block Von Miller in two games. Biggest disappointment this year the OL is not addressed by Telesco and that was even before OKung was out.
                Welcome to TPB, and might I say it is great that you are jumping right in with a hot take. Your concerns are well justified.

LAC will wait until just before the start of the regular season. They might even hold off until after the Colts game when contracts are no longer guaranteed.

At that time they can reassess Tevi, Trent Scott, Pipkins, and Okung's health. Other teams will have made cuts. Surprise us men. Or. Rent-a-OLT.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Dale SeasonTix View Post
                  Agree 100% this is a Super Bowl calibur team the Defense this year I believe will make plays like we never seen before. The defense will be able to carry the team when the offense doesn't play its best. If the line can perform at an average rate we should be good, but if the OL falters week to week and Okung isnt able to come back, this will fall on Telesco shoulders.

This team is probably best talent over-all we had since the Marty 2006 14-2 Chargers., My expectations are high for this team.We have to win the division and KC will be in contention, but our D is better than their D, and our offense has more weapon, Mahone is a star, I think our safety D. James showed he is able to limit Kelece and the only other x-factor for KC is Tyrek Hill.

O-line God's have compassion on the Charger's line show them strength, health, and favor, and compensate us for Telesco for not addressing our O-line, please I asked in advance for all Charger Fan's you grant this and that we hoist the Lombardi Trophy.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Flchargersfan View Post
                    Pip had a decent showing in his first NFL outing as part of the second unit at both ORT & OLT. His technique/mechanics with his kickslide, inside power step, punch placement, and and anchor depth are raw and need development. His length, feet, flexibility, and movement/mirror skills are impressive. Trey's dedication to the S&C Program will be a huge factor when he can competively be counted on.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Nice to see Tyrod march down the field opening drive. OL was going its job just fine.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Welcome to TPB, and might I say it is great that you are jumping right in with a hot take. Your concerns are well justified.

LAC will wait until just before the start of the regular season. They might even hold off until after the Colts game when contracts are no longer guaranteed.

At that time they can reassess Tevi, Trent Scott, Pipkins, and Okung's health. Other teams will have made cuts. Surprise us men. Or. Rent-a-OLT.
                        concur w/this assessment/prognostication, as coupon Tom has been pretty darn good at fishing out a valuable asset at the eleventh hour via FA, of season's late.

wouldn't surprise me if we went center, even tho I do like Biadasz in the draft next year.

personally think we are looking at a tackle pairing of Scott and Tevi, as don't think it wise to put much if any stock into a Pipkin surprise, nor counting on Russell to half come back from the dead.

hopefully Schofield ends up our swing tackle, w/Dan @RG and w/Forrest @LG.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Great Scott * Magic Lamp * St. Michael * Dan the Man * Sam I am
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X