• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep, if Lamar was a Bolt, they'd probably have him put on some weight the way White did, which apparently rendered him much less effective...
    So now the forum talk is White is less effective because he added weight? Lol,...he had to add weight, he weighed 218 friggin lbs and was hurt most of last season.

Wonder what the next genius bitch will be in here?
    The whole damn team was less effective.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

Vikings dominate the Chargers, the Chargers dominated the Packers, the Packers dominated the Vikings.

We aren't that bad or far away.

Just needed some breaks.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
        Vikings dominate the Chargers, the Chargers dominated the Packers, the Packers dominated the Vikings.

We aren't that bad or far away.

Just needed some breaks.
        Except for the "On any given Sunday" factor.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I can't stop watching this. Trubisky's on-field decision making is wanting.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

In other words, that re-play looks a lot like some of Rivers decision making tosses this year? Yes it does.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes there would. Why would that change because we had Lamar? Deano screwed up going to LA, plain and simple. He will never have a stadium filled with mostly Charger fans again.
              If I were Deano I would take the Challenge and build a great team and great base fan in Los Angeles.. why not? Only brave men conquer the world..... Deano isnt one of them....

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                In other words, that re-play looks a lot like some of Rivers decision making tosses this year? Yes it does.
                Yep...slinging the rock into triple coverage with other receivers open...at least it was just incomplete and not picked...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So now the forum talk is White is less effective because he added weight? Lol,...he had to add weight, he weighed 218 friggin lbs and was hurt most of last season.

Wonder what the next genius bitch will be in here?
                  The whole damn team was less effective.
                  It’s what we do when we suck, lol. White is too heavy, Rivers too spazzy, etc.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Lamar has played that way for many years.
                    He typically dodges and dips away from big hits. But once or twice a season he get smacked. And he is unfazed by it. Still plays the same way. No fear. It will be another 15 games before he gets smacked again.

He is the best player on the field and his legs set up the deep seem passes. He is deadly accurate on those throws. Pick your poison.
                    NFL career
                    22 games started. 54 total TDs.
                    323 rushes for 1900yds. 12TDs
                    571 passes for 4300yds. 42TDs

The league is hoping he get injured because they can't stop him.

I'm sure every 15 games when Lamar gets smacked, the traditonalists will be there to say...see it wont work, he won't last playing that way. But Lamar Jackson will hear the doubters and get questioned by reporters. And it wont faze him. The 2019 League MVP will take it out on the next team he plays and score 5TDs.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

If I were Deano I would take the Challenge and build a great team and great base fan in Los Angeles.. why not? Only brave men conquer the world..... Deano isnt one of them....
                      IMO.
                      Keep the Chargers in San Diego and get a stadium deal done was what the Spanos needed to do. Be determined to move heaven and earth to get done.
                      That didnt happen.

Move to LA.
                      Okay. But leave the Chargers name in San Diego.
                      Rename to the LA Centaurs or Leviathans or Dragons. It gives the feel of a new team just for LA and not some other city's team. This was the big marketing fail, IMO. People think Chargers and think San Diego. Refs, announcers, etc....keep saying San Diego and correcting themself. It just a bad look. A reminder of what happened. Nobody would be saying San Diego if they were the Leviathans.

If any team ever moves to San Diego, they can resurrect the Chargers name. It would have been better that way.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Lamar has played that way for many years.
                        He typically dodges and dips away from big hits. But once or twice a season he get smacked. And he is unfazed by it. Still plays the same way. No fear. It will be another 15 games before he gets smacked again.

He is the best player on the field and his legs set up the deep seem passes. He is deadly accurate on those throws. Pick your poison.
                        NFL career
                        22 games started. 54 total TDs.
                        323 rushes for 1900yds. 12TDs
                        571 passes for 4300yds. 42TDs

The league is hoping he get injured because they can't stop him.

I'm sure every 15 games when Lamar gets smacked, the traditonalists will be there to say...see it wont work, he won't last playing that way. But Lamar Jackson will hear the doubters and get questioned by reporters. And it wont faze him. The 2019 League MVP will take it out on the next team he plays and score 5TDs.
                        M--V--P.
                        You sure called it.
                        I thought he was too skinny--skinnier than Goff.

LAC almost bit on Deshaun, but decided it was too soon to draft PR's successor.

Jim Steeg, he of yesterdays epic comments, had a link appear on his Twitter account. It showed a pic of Spanoses and crew in the box during this Raiders "home game." You should have seen the look on Tom Telesco's face. He needed Pepto Bismal. Or maybe it was something else.

BTW Critty, I feel your mock. I would love Burrow, but Cincy would be insane to not just take him. We are desperate for a splash landing in Inglewood. I see no OL @ 7. QB or big play defender. Yeah Simmons.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

The thing I find interesting about Lamar Jackson as an MVP is that last year at this time, and through much of the off-season, many were ready to anoint Mahommes as the next MVP for life. The year before that it was Deshaun Watson. There is nothing wrong with these guys, but before we decide they are all that, maybe the fact that their success seems to be more transient.

Those others may eclipse them, but the "new wave" of mobile QB comes and goes every few years because of the general shortage of QB, and the mobile QB never seem to take over. I have been a serious football fan since about 1978, and the new mobile QB thing as been an ongoing thing since then, Just the mobile guys never seem to make it.

If I was looking at a QB to model as the next QB, it would still be Russell Wilson, since he is the most mobile QB in the current NFL to have sustained success.

Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                          X