• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

I really like how Ravens constructed their team.

Loaded up at TE. Draft olineman that were dominate in college and ignore the combine numbers on these trench players. Get deep speed to take the top off the defense. Move away from a more traditional type of QB who won a SB. And play a completely different style of football with super dynamic dual threat QB. They found the best kicker and locked him up. Always play physical defense. Harbaugh has plenty of guts to go for it on 4th down and trust the analytics.

I could see them drafting Jalen Hurts at bottom rd 2 if he is still on the board because RGIII age 29 and he only has next year on contract. So who is the back up in 2021, 2022, 2023. They will need a back up QB who plays a dual threat style.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Dual threat QB create match ups. Create more options to attack in red zone.
      Will force a defender to spy and open windows in passing game.
      Can do the RPO plays really well, where they fake and then counter punch.
      But if the dual threat QB cannot throw dimes from the pocket downfield,
      Then it will be hard to win consistently when they are leaving so many plays out there on the field.

I prefer Mobile Pocket Passer over Dual Threat QB (except Lamar Jackson, he is a unicorn)
      Pure Pocket passers, I have never been a big fan because they don't have that extra playmaking ability in the toolbox.
      Always liked QBs that have a little bit of that Elway mobility in their game.

Burrow is a mobile pocket passer. And Jalen Hurts is a dual threat.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
        • Feb 2019
        • Midwest
        • Local 150 operating engineer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It was less than 12 months ago that we beat them like a drum in Baltimore in the playoffs.

now we’re 5-8 and they are 12-2.
        Beat like a drum? Ravens had the ball with about a min to go down 6 didn't they? maybe you could say defensively we shut them down for 3 quarters.

The chargers offense struggled to move the ball and kicked figgys. Unable to seal the game, it went down to a last drive turnover.

The gameplan was great and forced Balt to play from behind. Lamar looked to have 1st playoff game jitters as well. But they were a damn good team.

Amazing how winning the turnover battle usually = winning the game.

Last edited by Midwestbolt; 12-13-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          I really like how Ravens constructed their team.

Loaded up at TE. Draft olineman that were dominate in college and ignore the combine numbers on these trench players. Get deep speed to take the top off the defense. Move away from a more traditional type of QB who won a SB. And play a completely different style of football with super dynamic dual threat QB. They found the best kicker and locked him up. Always play physical defense. Harbaugh has plenty of guts to go for it on 4th down and trust the analytics.

I could see them drafting Jalen Hurts at bottom rd 2 if he is still on the board because RGIII age 29 and he only has next year on contract. So who is the back up in 2021, 2022, 2023. They will need a back up QB who plays a dual threat style.
          You’re on a roll Critty.
          agree with it all 100%

does anyone know how coach Lynn relates to analytics? I doubt he pays much attention to them at all.

like Wood says, “modern football” people
          evolve or die
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

Beat like a drum? Ravens had the ball with about a min to go down 6 didn't they? maybe you could say defensively we shut them down for 3 quarters.

The chargers offense struggled to move the ball and kicked figgys. Unable to seal the game, it went down to a last drive turnover.

The gameplan was great and forced Balt to play from behind. Lamar looked to have 1st playoff game jitters as well. But they were a damn good team.

Amazing how winning the turnover battle usually = winning the game.
            yeah beat like a drum. The Chargers took their foot off the gas after going up 20 halfway thru the 4th quarter. Ravens made the final score close but Lamar Jackson got booed in that game.

No one said the Ravens weren't a good team. Its more a commentary of how far the Chargers fell this season.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The new cycle of football is upon us.

The era of the pocket passer is over.
              Brady is a pocket passer. Doesn't look done to me.

As long as the rules continue to be structured in favor of the offense, either one can succeed.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

As long as the rules continue to be structured in favor of the offense, either one can succeed.
                he might be done if belicheat trades him in on a new model. Let's see him win anything in a Bengal uniform other than a wish from santa for a quick death.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Of course there are still pocket passers,
                  many with little mobility.

I am talking trends.

This is a copycat league.

There are so many factors making QBs with mobility the wave of the future.

College football landscape.
                  NFL Oline scarcity.
                  Broad high level of play at IDL.
                  Man coverage means QB runs will burn defenses bad, necessitating zone coverages.

Let's see how Goff's career goes vs Garrapolo's, capt.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Brady had 2 rushes for 20yd in last week game.
                    He does the best QB sneak of all time.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Brady had 2 rushes for 20yd in last week game.
                      He does the best QB sneak of all time.
                      Yep...a mobile pocket QB...stays in the pocket most of the time, but will scramble 2-3 times a game or so, to extend key drives. This is what I want in a future QB...take Hurts and coach him up to scramble just a few times to reduce injury risk...

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...a mobile pocket QB...stays in the pocket most of the time, but will scramble 2-3 times a game or so, to extend key drives. This is what I want in a future QB...take Hurts and coach him up to scramble just a few times to reduce injury risk...
                        If Hurts only scrambled 2 or 3 times a game and had to stand in the pocket and beat teams passing, we'd be behind by 20 points at halftime in every game.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If Hurts only scrambled 2 or 3 times a game and had to stand in the pocket and beat teams passing, we'd be behind by 20 points at halftime in every game.
                          Hurts is very good in short and intermediate passing...very low percentage of picks...he runs a lot because the offense is designed that way...

Comment

Working...
                          X