• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
    Fuck Nick... I want Joey to be the winner, the nick dude can go to hell...
    We don't even know if Joey will stay with the Chargers. I really hope the Chargers just pay him, but I could totally see them messing this up big time. If he decides to hold out next year, we are screwed.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Yep. It's what the league wants. Nullify great defensive fronts with no calls, and get more explosive passing plays and higher scoring games. On the other side, you get more PI calls (some subjective), which helps teams with speedy receivers who can create space. So how is it fair? The enforcement of the rules is stacked against good defensive fronts, which is really the only way to stop high powered offense like the Chiefs.

Nice Superbowl win for kc and all but nothing out of the ordinary impressive really. They went through the titans, Texans and a rat Jr. Meltdown, which wouldn't be the first lol. The league got what it wanted to usher in a new era.
      ​​​
      ​​
      Either team winning would have ushered in a new era.

Comment

• Biggestfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

We don't even know if Joey will stay with the Chargers. I really hope the Chargers just pay him, but I could totally see them messing this up big time. If he decides to hold out next year, we are screwed.
        Chargers letting Bosa walk would go down in the annals of Chargers front office stupidity. Something I think as fans we have been used to. Keep Bosa and build the dline around him. Imagine Joey playing next to Arik Armstead, Solomon Thomas, and Sheldon Day type players

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Either team winning would have ushered in a new era.
          KC is known for its high powered offense, lead by their out of pocket mobile qb in mahomes. 9ers are more known for their defense and run game than their qb's ability.

The league is moving towards favoring mobile QBs and trying to make the pocket passers a thing of the past imo. Also have been moving more and more towards favoring high powered passing offense in general.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Chargers letting Bosa walk would go down in the annals of Chargers front office stupidity. Something I think as fans we have been used to. Keep Bosa and build the dline around him. Imagine Joey playing next to Arik Armstead, Solomon Thomas, and Sheldon Day type players
            I agree. He and and Derwin are our best defensive players. It's high time the Chargers get Joey some proven talent on the inside of that defensive front, to play alongside. They have the cap for it now.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

KC is known for its high powered offense, lead by their out of pocket mobile qb in mahomes. 9ers are more known for their defense and run game than their qb's ability.

The league is moving towards favoring mobile QBs and trying to make the pocket passers a thing of the past imo. Also have been moving more and more towards favoring high powered passing offense in general.
              The league isn't doing that. Some teams are. Big difference.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Regardless of what fans think, we CONTROL Joey’s professional career for a minimum of 3 years. His leverage is over exaggerated, just like Burrow’s perceived leverage with Cincy.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Regardless of what fans think, we CONTROL Joey’s professional career for a minimum of 3 years. His leverage is over exaggerated, just like Burrow’s perceived leverage with Cincy.
                  ya I really hope it doesn’t come to using the Ftag but I hope Telesco isn’t shy about it either.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

The Bolts should make every effort to retain Bosa...however, if they make a reasonable offer, but Bosa insists on $$$ that will prevent them from retaining other key players (KA, Mike Will, Derwin), they may be forced to trade him...trade for draft picks better than letting him walk...

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The league isn't doing that. Some teams are. Big difference.
                      Who controls the league? ;]

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I've heard that argument before, but when a player isn't happy he isn't happy and none of that matters. Joey is proven in this league. Burrow hasn't played a single day in the NFL.

Joey can make things quite difficult if we go hardball. I've seen it before and don't want to again. Front office better not muff this up, but nothing would surprise me with these guys.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

I've heard that argument before, but when a player isn't happy he isn't happy and none of that matters. Joey is proven in this league. Burrow hasn't played a single day in the NFL.

Joey can make things quite difficult if we go hardball. I've seen it before and don't want to again. Front office better not muff this up, but nothing would surprise me with these guys.
                          You and I are in agreement on signing Joey NOW! It will only cost more the longer we wait. I’ve proposed a 6yr/$135,000,000.00 type contract.

“Hardball”, no matter if either of us like it, is an option. Does it work for the team or player? Rarely.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X