• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Rivers did alright but I think Defense and special teams are constantly winning it for the colts. I don't have QB envy but I do have defense envy. The colts defense looks like they want to take some heads off with their hits and the chargers look like they want to lay on the beach!

:coffee:
    ST envy as well. I can't imagine at this point what it would be like if we had a ST coach with even a rudimentary understanding of STs.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Rivers did alright but I think Defense and special teams are constantly winning it for the colts. I don't have QB envy but I do have defense envy. The colts defense looks like they want to take some heads off with their hits and the chargers look like they want to lay on the beach!

After watching PR play last night, it seems like Herbert’s throw look effortless and have way more zip. Rivers on the other hand, looks forced and slower. Maybe it is the difference in motion or PR doesn’t trust his receivers yet. One of the incomplete slant pass near the EZ comes to mind when his receiver slowed down.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

After watching PR play last night, it seems like Herbert’s throw look effortless and have way more zip. Rivers on the other hand, looks forced and slower. Maybe it is the difference in motion or PR doesn’t trust his receivers yet. One of the incomplete slant pass near the EZ comes to mind when his receiver slowed down.
        Slower? He was getting rid of the ball really quick. No he doesnt have Herberts arm. And that reciever stopped because of the defender was there. Thats not on PR. He threw the ball to him and his reciever stopped on the play as Aikman pointed out, ...he has to make that play and take the hit.

Rivers has been playing with no name WRs and havent been in sync but he had TY and the rookie Piitman back last night.

Comment

• Biggestfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Rivers arm isn't nearly as strong. Herbert has more zip and distance. Rivers can still get rid of it quick. Rivers would not have the success Herbert has behind this oline (stats not wins) That being said, Rivers is finally on a complete team and could go deep in the playoffs while sadly the Chargers will be sitting home.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Tijuana
            • Send PM

I'm glad Rivers is playing well, I will be cheering for the colts in the playoffs, but I'm also very glad that we have Herbert

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Seriously, when Rivers was permitted to throw the ball, the Colts could not be stopped on offense short of scoring position all game long. Reich screwed up two drives in which they were in scoring position by calling lame 4th down running calls, including one form the one yard line. He screwed up another drive by not letting Rivers spike the ball before the end of the first half. Rivers' QB rating for the game would have been much higher if the Colts had thrown from the 2 yard line either time they chose to run the ball into the end zone or on 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. With the blocked punt TD, Reich was the only thing preventing the Colts from putting up 50+ points.
              chain I see you really love to pass eh? I dunno...on the 1yd line is a tough call for me. I guess you'd have to take into consideration other factors like your oline, your RBs, the running game in general in short yardage, the WRs, your QB of course. It is limiting to have PR as your QB on the 1yd line cuz you know you dont have to worry about him scrambling on any bootleg.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
                I'm glad Rivers is playing well, I will be cheering for the colts in the playoffs, but I'm also very glad that we have Herbert
                I agree. excited to see what PR can get done in Indy, and looking forward to seeing Herbert with the bolts.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Slower? He was getting rid of the ball really quick. No he doesnt have Herberts arm. And that reciever stopped because of the defender was there. Thats not on PR. He threw the ball to him and his reciever stopped on the play as Aikman pointed out, ...he has to make that play and take the hit.

Rivers has been playing with no name WRs and havent been in sync but he had TY and the rookie Piitman back last night.
                  I know PR has a quick release. I’m talking about the velocity. If you watch similar passes of JH, they look fast even in slow mo.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

That Colts DLine is for real.

They didn't shut Henry down but contained him. Tanny had to win the game for them and couldn't get it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jubei View Post

chain I see you really love to pass eh? I dunno...on the 1yd line is a tough call for me. I guess you'd have to take into consideration other factors like your oline, your RBs, the running game in general in short yardage, the WRs, your QB of course. It is limiting to have PR as your QB on the 1yd line cuz you know you dont have to worry about him scrambling on any bootleg.
                      Some teams can run the ball effectively and others can't. The Colts had already been stopped on 4th and 1 earlier in the game and had been stooped on multiple short yardage runs prior to 4th down in the game. Also, the Colts were ranked 31st at running the ball going into last night's game, so they should already know that they are not good at running the ball most of the time.

Finally, when the Colts have passed the ball on early downs more heavily, they have moved the ball very effectively, especially when compared to what they have done when they have gone run heavy on early downs. The difference is 3 425+ yard games of total offense when passing more heavily on early downs versus the 350s and down when they go run heavy on early downs. It is night and day and yet Reich remains stubborn in his conservative play calling and it costs the Colts on a weekly basis.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Sunday 11/22/20 vs Rodgers and the Packers (Rivers only in the league one year longer than Rodgers) will be Rivers 234th consecutive start and he will now be 63 consecutive starts behind Brett Favre's all time record of 297.(Including the playoffs it will be Rivers 245th consecutive start which is also 2nd all time, and 76 behind Favre's total record of 321).
                        (Nice quiet career for Matt Ryan who's first year was 2008).

YARDS
                        1 Drew Brees 79,612 2001-2020 2TM
                        2 Tom Brady 77,310 2000-2020 2TM
                        3 Peyton Manning+ 71,940 1998-2015 2TM
                        4 Brett Favre + 71,838 1991-2010 4TM
                        5 Philip Rivers 61,666 2004-2020 2TM
                        6 Dan Marino+ 61,361 1983-1999 mia
                        7 Ben Roethlisb 58,812 2004-2020 pit
                        8 Eli Manning 57,023 2004-2019 nyg
                        9 Matt Ryan 53,932 2008-2020 atl
                        10 John Elway+ 51,475 1983-1998 den
                        11 Aaron Rodgers 49,524 2005-2020 gnb

TD'S
                        1 Drew Brees 565 2001-2020 2TM
                        2 Tom Brady 564 2000-2020 2TM
                        3 Peyton Manning+ 539 1998-2015 2TM
                        4 Brett Favre + 508 1991-2010 4TM
                        5 Dan Marino+ 420 1983-1999 mia
                        6 Philip Rivers 408 2004-2020 2TM
                        7 Aaron Rodgers 390 2005-2020 gnb
                        8 Ben Roethlisb 385 2004-2020 pit
                        9 Eli Manning 366 2004-2019 nyg
                        10 Fran Tarkenton+ 342 1961-1978 2TM
                        11 Matt Ryan 336 2008-2020 atl

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

If only "sling arm" played with a nerf football back in his youth.

:troll:

Comment

Working...
                          X