• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    My fellow board members, please vote for Rivers being FedEx player of the week !!!

Its been a while but Rivers is doing really well with the Colts !!!

Rivers really had 4 TDs total. 1 was a beautiful 40 yard bomb to Hines. One other was a beautiful 50 yard bomb where the cb was beat so bad he had to hold to prevent the TD. It was PI but Rivers was robbed of the TD.

Here is the link.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Critty and Velo stop being such sour pusses and go vote for Rivers and give him the love he deserves!!!
    Mahomes passed for 5 TDs and 416 yards - Rivers isn't going to win.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
      My fellow board members, please vote for Rivers being FedEx player of the week !!!

Its been a while but Rivers is doing really well with the Colts !!!

Rivers really had 4 TDs total. 1 was a beautiful 40 yard bomb to Hines. One other was a beautiful 50 yard bomb where the cb was beat so bad he had to hold to prevent the TD. It was PI but Rivers was robbed of the TD.

Here is the link.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Critty and Velo stop being such sour pusses and go vote for Rivers and give him the love he deserves!!!
      Mahomes 400yd 5TD wins player of week.

Rivers had a great game.
      And again. When they run it more and go for over 100yd on ground, Rivers job gets easier. He is 4-0 and they have a +74 margin in those games when they are balanced and stay committed to running it. They are 1-2 when they get pass happy and neglected the run. He has his best o-line and best defense in a long time. As long as he can drive without crashing they can go far this year.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Rivers had a great game.
        And again. When they run it more and go for over 100yd on ground, Rivers job gets easier. He is 4-0 and they have a +74 margin in those games when they are balanced and stay committed to running it. They are 1-2 when they get pass happy and neglected the run. He has his best o-line and best defense in a long time. As long as he can drive without crashing they can go far this year.
        This is not quite accurate. They have never neglected the run. They have neglected to run well or gain yards but it was not for lack of trying.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

This is not quite accurate. They have never neglected the run. They have neglected to run well or gain yards but it was not for lack of trying.
          Maybe neglected was too strong but in 3 games they passed more...it was 123 passes to 55 runs. That is avg of 41 pass and 18 runs. Record 1-2. No games with 100yd rushing. And a minus 12 point differential.

In the games they ran it more....it was 113 passes and 148 runs. This is avg of 28 passes and 37 runs. 4-0 record. 100yd rushing in every game. And a plus 74 point differential.

They have a number 5 defense and a great o line.
          They are better when they don't ask Rivers to do it all. But they are fortunate that if they get behind he can still do things to get you back in the game. But asking him to carry the team with the pass is a bad idea to me. I think they should rely on run and defense. And let Rivers guide them.
          ​​​​​

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Maybe neglected was too strong but in 3 games they passed more...it was 123 passes to 55 runs. That is avg of 41 pass and 18 runs. Record 1-2. No games with 100yd rushing. And a minus 12 point differential.

In the games they ran it more....it was 113 passes and 148 runs. This is avg of 28 passes and 37 runs. 4-0 record. 100yd rushing in every game. And a plus 74 point differential.

They have a number 5 defense and a great o line.
            They are better when they don't ask Rivers to do it all. But they are fortunate that if they get behind he can still do things to get you back in the game. But asking him to carry the team with the pass is a bad idea to me. I think they should rely on run and defense. And let Rivers guide them.
            ​​​​​
            Agree wholeheartedly. They have a great team and when Rivers can just add to the team instead of carrying it they are at their best. Just some games they run a lot with poor results.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Mahomes passed for 5 TDs and 416 yards - Rivers isn't going to win.
              Against the Jets lol

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Against the Jets lol
                Yeah, but the gaudy stats always win.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Against the Jets lol
                  You got a point.
                  But Rivers played the Jets too and had 217 and 1 TD against them.

And the Lions are not some top teir team.

​​​​
                  ​​​​​​If the situation was reversed and Patrick had the lesser numbers. I would say Rivers gets it for his 400yd and 5 TD.

​​​​And you could LOL at that too.

If Rivers earn it, that is great. My vote is for Mahomes.

For what it's worth. Lions have the 26 rated defense and Jets are 28. So they both played terrible defense last week.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

You got a point.

​​​​
                    ​​​​​​If the situation was reversed and Patrick had the lesser numbers. I would say Rivers gets it for his 400yd and 5 TD.

For what it's worth. Lions have the 26 rated defense and Jets are 28. So they both played terrible defense last week.
                    No but they have 3 wins...which is more than we have. I really dont care who wins anyways. I never vote on these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Rivers had a great game.
                      Again, your analysis is entirely incorrect.

Someday you will recognze that there are two primary units that play on a football field. The defense happened to play poorly in games in which the Colts used the correct game plan and played very well when the team used the wrong approach and went early down run heavy. This was entirely coincidental and remains completely ignored by you in your analysis.

The problem with point differential and wins is that they are team stats, not an offensive stats. You seem to want to give the offense credit for the team's good defensive performances and blame the offense for the team's poor defensive performances. You are wrong for doing so in every instance.

When looking at just the offense's performance, it is crystal clear that the offense does a better job of moving the ball when the Colts go early down pass heavy as they did in their first and sixth games. The yardage totals speak for themselves--far more total yards when they go early down pass heavy. With 7 games in the books, it is not even close. We are talking about well over 70 total yards difference per game, a significant difference.

Let me see if I can use a different example to help you see the point. One of the quirks that I believe has happened this year is that our Chargers have won every coin toss at the outset of each game. But we are 2-5. So, under your "logic", because winning each coin toss is associated with us being 2-5 and having a negative point differential, we should stop winning coin tosses and, in fact, forfeit them. Never mind that there are obviously other factors that are producing the results in question, it is merely the association that matters in your world.

Clearly, there are problems with your analytical approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

You got a point.

​​​​

When analyzing passing performances versus particular defenses, you might consider examining pass defenses. The Lions have a significantly better pass defense than the Jets do--better in completion percentage allowed, yards per attempt against, yards per game against, and QB rating against. They are not statistically close at all.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Sunday 11/8/20 vs the Ravens will be Rivers 232nd consecutive start and he will now be 65 consecutive starts behind Brett Favre's all time record of 297.(Including the playoffs it will be Rivers 243rd consecutive start which is also 2nd all time, and 78 behind Favre's total record of 321).

Comment

Working...
                          X