• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Let's face it PR was right when he was stating at the end of last season, if you look at our team, you can see there is a lot more problems going on here besides the QB play....

When the time came to fire Lynn or not sign PR in hindsight the wrong choice was made. Period. Let's face it.

The Chargers failed PR because they never gave him a great or really good headcoach. They should of brought in a Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, Andy Reed, Tom Coughlin or someone like that but they never did.

However all that went down and brought us Herbert who seems like he could be a prodigy with the right coaching? So here we are today and I'm fine the glass is half full and if we hire the right HC this time, the Chargers will no longer be the laughing stock in the league and they turn this all around.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Let's face it PR was right when he was stating at the end of last season, if you look at our team, you can see there is a lot more problems going on here besides the QB play....

When the time came to fire Lynn or not sign PR in hindsight the wrong choice was made. Period. Let's face it.

The Chargers failed PR because they never gave him a great or really good headcoach. They should of brought in a Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, Andy Reed, Tom Coughlin or someone like that but they never did.

However all that went down and brought us Herbert who seems like he could be a prodigy with the right coaching? So here we are today and I'm fine the glass is half full and if we hire the right HC this time, the Chargers will no longer be the laughing stock in the league and they turn this all around.
      I wanted Coughlin the year they hired Lynn. Now I am not sure if he just wanted to be GM (which he wasn't good at) - but Rivers deserved a professional head coach. Not Mike McCoy, not Anthony Lynn. Now Herbert has been excellent but the organization let down Rivers to be sure.

But you make a good point - Herbert needs better coaching than he is getting and another year of Lynn would waste his career - I am sure of it . Get a real head coach and not a Sr. Offensive Coordinator who is clueless.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wanted Coughlin the year they hired Lynn. Now I am not sure if he just wanted to be GM (which he wasn't good at) - but Rivers deserved a professional head coach. Not Mike McCoy, not Anthony Lynn. Now Herbert has been excellent but the organization let down Rivers to be sure.

But you make a good point - Herbert needs better coaching than he is getting and another year of Lynn would waste his career - I am sure of it . Get a real head coach and not a Sr. Offensive Coordinator who is clueless.
        We didnt even get that. We got a RB coach who canned a real OC because he didnt run enough for him and replaced him with a first time OC who calls running plays with 30 seconds or less with no timeouts. Amateur!

River never throws anybody under the bus but it would be nice to know what he really feels and how things went down.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We didnt even get that. We got a RB coach who canned a real OC because he didnt run enough for him and replaced him with a first time OC who calls running plays with 30 seconds or less with no timeouts. Amateur!

River never throws anybody under the bus but it would be nice to know what he really feels and how things went down.
          true

I just think he saw the direction and thought "dad gummit - what are they doing"

I forget that Trent Williams was on the market - 49ers got him for a 2021 5th and 2021 3rd. Chargers should have been all over that knowing they had a comp pick coming for Rivers. The 4th they spent was on Kelley. Now maybe he doesn't re-do his deal as the 49ers were coming off the Super Bowl but did they even call

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

true

I just think he saw the direction and thought "dad gummit - what are they doing"

I forget that Trent Williams was on the market - 49ers got him for a 2021 5th and 2021 3rd. Chargers should have been all over that knowing they had a comp pick coming for Rivers. The 4th they spent was on Kelley. Now maybe he doesn't re-do his deal as the 49ers were coming off the Super Bowl but did they even call
            Telesco isnt good doing things like that....or getting picks for guys like Mel. He did get one for Desmond but at the deadline you wont get much.

Now TW also came with a big cap hit of 12.5 mil this season and is a FA after the season is over. And he will be 33 next year. Cant really fault TT at times for this.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Doesn't seem like the Colts are prepared to move on from Rivers next season.

"At the way he's playing right now ... if he wants, he has multiple years of good football ahead of him," Reich said.

Colts coach Frank Reich said Monday that he believes Philip Rivers has "multiple years" left in his career if he wants to play beyond this season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

:hadworse:
                Imagine what a catastrophe this season would have been if Herbert turned out to be a bust.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  :hadworse:
                  Imagine what a catastrophe this season would have been if Herbert turned out to be a bust.
                  Not really...we would be flipping a coin for the trevor stakes with Jets!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Sunday 12/20/20 vs the Texans will be Rivers 238th consecutive start and he will now be 59 consecutive starts behind Brett Favre's all time record of 297. (Including the playoffs it will be Rivers 249th consecutive start which is also 2nd all time, and 72 behind Favre's total record of 321).

Philip Rivers in Colts last eight games:
                    • 67.1 COMP%
                    • 16 TDs
                    • 4 INTs
                    • 6-2 record

Rivers is also only 3 tds behind Marino for 5th place all time.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

40 yard pass on a dime

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Any link on the Rivers comments? It sounds so out of character.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X