• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

To be fair...the Colts may be a lot better than people have given them credit for, post Luck retirement. Brissett is not bad at all...he made some good throws. That oline is awesome, and their defense is solid...and we still had them right where we wanted them, until that endzone pick.

We need to step up our game in a few areas, get healthy at some positions...but we got the win. That's big.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Yay! Our 1st game 1 win since Det in 2015. Woo Hoo! Things are lookin' up!

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
        Yay! Our 1st game 1 win since Det in 2015. Woo Hoo! Things are lookin' up!
        I was at the game. That was a stressful one too

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I won't rehash too much of what's already been said but just a few things... that's as good an offensive line as I've seen in a while, we may not play a better Oline than the colts. They're all healthy, fresh and Individually they're good and play with great chemistry.

I do think the Hooker player was more awesome than just a bad decision by Rivers BUT, you would hope our future HOF qb would know the skill set thats back there at FS and not take a chance. Rivers got greedy.
          also was banging the table for Hooker over everyone including Mike Williams in that draft.

Its going to be another season of "can we survive these injuries" most injuries seem minor but we need to be healthier AFTER our bye if possible

Thomas Davis' short comings today look more physical than simply scheme fit. I'm not saying I know definitely, but he looks like a lemon.

Some were high on Watt today and perhaps I'm missing it but he looks slow as mud and seems to be getting in the way of our quick rbs

im willing to be patient with the Oline but Whiz needs to remove half the playbook or this will seriously be the year Rivers gets IRed (no neg mojo intended)

Tillery was getting doubled a lot but I still expected more pressure from 99. Doesn't help that they're able to run at will.

Lynn needs to step up and coach heads-up football.

Ill take the W
          see y'all next week!

ps respect to the Colts
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I do think the Hooker player was more awesome than just a bad decision by Rivers BUT, you would hope our future HOF qb would know the skill set thats back there at FS and not take a chance. Rivers got greedy.
            also was banging the table for Hooker over everyone including Mike Williams in that draft.
            Rivers has a tendency to lock onto people: now its Keenan Allen. He didn't even try to look off Hooker.

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Even if Hooker hadn't stepped in front of the pass, it wasn't gonna get to Keenan Allen cause KA's defender was in perfect position to knock the ball down.

I'll give Rivers a pass for making 1 bad decision the entire game after taking the amounts of hits that he did today.
              Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
              - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
              - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
              - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
              - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
              - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
              - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Thomas Davis' short comings today look more physical than simply scheme fit. I'm not saying I know definitely, but he looks like a lemon.
                This is what I think as well. It didn't look like he was confused as to what to do, he knew what to do but he just lacked the speed and quickness to do it. Hope I'm wrong as well but I already know Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are creating plays to expose Davis when we play KC.
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Losing the turnover battle 0-2 and those turnovers being a muff punt and endzone int, usually is enough for any team to lose a game.

Chargers won't get away with that very often.
                  But it is a good sign that with back ups playing at various positions they still found a way to win, and until those turnovers, they basically controlled the game.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Don't understand the game or two with Davis, his instincts are still good he's just slow. Ready for Tranquill now.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

LB corp stood out today. Could be the worst we've had in a decade. I was expecting a top 5 defense, this looks like a bottom 5 defense.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I won't rehash too much of what's already been said but just a few things... that's as good an offensive line as I've seen in a while, we may not play a better Oline than the colts. They're all healthy, fresh and Individually they're good and play with great chemistry.

Its going to be another season of "can we survive these injuries" most injuries seem minor but we need to be healthier AFTER our bye if possible

Some were high on Watt today and perhaps I'm missing it but he looks slow as mud and seems to be getting in the way of our quick rbs

im willing to be patient with the Oline but Whiz needs to remove half the playbook or this will seriously be the year Rivers gets IRed (no neg mojo intended)

Tillery was getting doubled a lot but I still expected more pressure from 99. Doesn't help that they're able to run at will.

Lynn needs to step up and coach heads-up football.

Ill take the W
                        see y'all next week!

ps respect to the Colts
                        You may be right about Davis, and that was a fear when hiring a 36 year old guy at that position. But I do think we should wait a couple games to see if he's done.

He and Mebane could be simply over the hill. Let's see where this goes.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Don't understand the game or two with Davis, his instincts are still good he's just slow. Ready for Tranquill now.
                          Yep...Davis is like an older version of Dzoobie...

Comment

Working...
                          X