• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't think his route running, catch radius, hands and especially going aggressively after contested passes, are nearly as good as Mike Williams. I liked TW, but we simply couldn't afford to keep him. Really do not like to see any Charger go to a team in the AFCW.
    Completely agree.

​​​​MW was a good pick. At that time Keenan staying healthy was a concern. How soon we forget.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't think his route running, catch radius, hands and especially going aggressively after contested passes, are nearly as good as Mike Williams. I liked TW, but we simply couldn't afford to keep him. Really do not like to see any Charger go to a team in the AFCW.
      I think TW's catch radius is every bit as a large as MW...he just had to learn how to use it. He made some outstanding contested catches last season that I haven't seen MW make yet. Did you not watch the Cleveland game last season?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yep had one very good game. But it does make one second guess the MW pick at #7.
        Not me, I'm good with MW at #7. Sure there were others I liked but he was on my list as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I think TW's catch radius is every bit as a large as MW...he just had to learn how to use it. He made some outstanding contested catches last season that I haven't seen MW make yet. Did you not watch the Cleveland game last season?
          Don't agree

​​​​​​He still doesn't high point the ball but he doesn't just let the other guys have it as easy as he did. That Cleveland game he was good but disappeared for a while after that.

I really liked Tyrell but he isn't Mike Williams.
          Benjamin had some clutch catches against KC but he still isn't a trusted go to guy for us.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

TW improved quite a bit last year on Jump balls. I also noticed that he became more instrumental in the blocking game on screens. Was disappointing to see him go.

I am glad we have Inman as another guy to fill in though. He and Rivers have chemistry and he could pay some surprising dividends down the stretch.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not me, I'm good with MW at #7. Sure there were others I liked but he was on my list as well.
              He's a good player. Maybe not HOF but at least we didnt bust on the pick. He's a starter. His back injury all rookie TC/PS stopped him from contributing yr 1. Last year he was coming on. he's now established. If he's not on the field Sunday, he'll be back in a week. No need to panic at WR just yet.

lets panic about LBs, OL, and Safeties ... throw in some CB fretting to complete the circle.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

TW improved quite a bit last year on Jump balls. I also noticed that he became more instrumental in the blocking game on screens. Was disappointing to see him go.

I am glad we have Inman as another guy to fill in though. He and Rivers have chemistry and he could pay some surprising dividends down the stretch.
                That pretty much says it all...I don't know why, but I think there wasn't as much trust there...otherwise, I think if River's wanted him here, he would be here. Maybe he was inconsistent, route running wise? That kinda shit just eats Rivers up...

I personally would have rather kept Twill, and got rid of TB...but I think Inman will serve, and for those who like to have a guy who can take the top off a defense, I guess we keep TB for that reason. I'll trust we kept or got the guys Rivers wants to throw to.
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

That pretty much says it all...I don't know why, but I think there wasn't as much trust there...otherwise, I think if River's wanted him here, he would be here. Maybe he was inconsistent, route running wise? That kinda shit just eats Rivers up...

I personally would have rather kept Twill, and got rid of TB...but I think Inman will serve, and for those who like to have a guy who can take the top off a defense, I guess we keep TB for that reason. I'll trust we kept or got the guys Rivers wants to throw to.
                  I think TW was looking to make (and got) double what they pay TB. I like TW more guy vs guy but TB hypothetically fills a different slot roster niche. TW isn't a slot receiver, he's an outside guy and we have two starters there. Can't afford to pay #3 $10M. How well TB meets this niche ... well we've all discussed that for awhile. TB seems to finally be playing with a bit of balls again. Only took how many years after his windmill takedown that seemed to turn him into a scared rabbit? Just my take ... i still don't trust him to come up big in big moments.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

In a world without a salary cap, sure. But that's not where we're at, TW costs $10mil while TB costs $4.5mil.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You want a guy who is available but that disappears for most of the season? It's just as bad. His two great games were against the Browns and Titans.
                      His stats last year were pretty much identical to MW, except MW had 10 tds vs 5 for TW. Did MW disappear

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

His stats last year were pretty much identical to MW, except MW had 10 tds vs 5 for TW. Did MW disappear
                        They were going more to MW later in the year. You didn't notice?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

There's no discussion there. TW is a #2 wr. MW is the #2 on that roster. If TW is on the Chargers' roster this year, it's at #3.
                          The #3 wr must be a vertical one. TB fits better in that role. Mostly at 4 millions!

Comment

Working...
                          X