• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'd say he's the lead back in a two-man committee. Would like to see JJ get more touches though.
    Yep...and no reason why Pope shouldn't get some work, at least in a blowout game...

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Ekeler is not 200 lbs. He's 195. No big deal, but that is his accurate weight.
      Mike Williams needs to step up and start playing at the level we expected to see when we drafted him number 7 overall. We need him to be an 80 catch, 1000 yard + wide receiver. Not a 40 catch, 600 yard guy. If Williams could start playing more at the level of Keenan Allen, it would return our passing game to elite status. He certainly was touted to have the skills needed to be this type of wide receiver when he was drafted.

Another player who needs to step up is Virgil Green. I remember last year when there was all this Buzz about Green and how he just needed a quarterback like Philip Rivers to unlock his receiving potential, after he accomplish little in the passing game in Denver. He hasn't shown much at all as a receiver, and if he really does have that potential we need to see it now. I'd like to see more tight end screens to Green. He had some success with those last season.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oops...there's only one small fallacy in your logic here...Ekkie is NOT a feature back...but you COULD call him the Committee Chairman...
        I like that. The biggest thing for me is not wearing down ek. We can't afford to get him banged up. We need to spread the ball.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
          Ok so I'm going to go back to #2 on my list and give the reasons why we need to run the ball more. When the chargers were successful last year it's because they kept giving the ball to Gordon. I'm not saying we need Gordon back but here's the thing right now this team is avg 5.7 ypc which I don't ever recall us avg that much we are tied for 3rd best in that category however we are middle of the pack in carries. It hasn't been just last year but ever since Rivers has been this teams QB when the team is doing good he has had a decent running game but when we don't well Rivers makes more mistakes. I have this belief that when Rivers passes for more then 350 yards we lose more then we win. But when this team rushes for 140 yards or more we win those games.
          We see eye to eye on this. Even in the days of Ryan Matthews(as limited as his game time was) I remember us succeeding a lot more when the run game was relied on. I've always maintained that a pass happy rivers is a bad idea. He needs to be limited on how many times he passes per game.

On top of that, some of the run blocking was excellent in the lions game. I saw some plays where we had 3 or 4 players mauling defensive players giving our running back quite a bit of space to run behind/through. I think with better pay calling this offense could kick ass.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

25+ runs per game. Its been the formula i haven banged on about for the last 5+ years

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              25+ runs per game. Its been the formula i haven banged on about for the last 5+ years
              If u include screen passes as part of the run game that is about right imo.would also like to see is vary the pace a little more at times during the game.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                Superbowl?
                • Sep 2018
                • Los Angeles/Chicago
                • Send PM

It kills me that we have had players the past year that include: Rivers, Ekeler, Jackson, Gordon, HH, Gates, TWill, MWill, Keenan, etc. etc. etc. and we're not putting up 40 ish per game. 10 whole points, is it a talent problem? A Whiz problem? Yet week in and week out the Pats and Chiefs are putting up 30-40 points a game. Sickens me.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                  It kills me that we have had players the past year that include: Rivers, Ekeler, Jackson, Gordon, HH, Gates, TWill, MWill, Keenan, etc. etc. etc. and we're not putting up 40 ish per game. 10 whole points, is it a talent problem? A Whiz problem? Yet week in and week out the Pats and Chiefs are putting up 30-40 points a game. Sickens me.
                  Makes ya wonder... Whiz has been the longest constant on this team aside from rivers and the owners it seems.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Wiz didn' fumble on the GL, drop a td, miss 2 fgs etc. There's your 30.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      Wiz didn' fumble on the GL, drop a td, miss 2 fgs etc. There's your 30.
                      Who dropped a TD?

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Who dropped a TD?
                        MW droppes 2 on the same drive.in the FH. I also didnt mention the 2 tds brought back due to questionable calls and unnecesaary contact by Inman. The team did not execute well. Wiz had them in position to score 30+.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

MW droppes 2 on the same drive.in the FH. I also didnt mention the 2 tds brought back due to questionable calls and unnecesaary contact by Inman. The team did not execute well. Wiz had them in position to score 30+.
                          Did we score any points on the drive with "dropped" td?

Comment

Working...
                          X