Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

SDSUfan logo:
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Confused with VBrown logo:
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        Reese is getting stuffed by dbs in camp now that they went with pads and a few more practices. Also, Tutu was never "on the street" as a discard in his career- do your homework on that. NOrv cut him (I don't give that much weight) for his own reasons which were never publicized and Rivera immediately signed him and he played STs for Carolina that whole year. He did not make the 53 man in CAR the following year, but the Chargers quickly picked him up and he's been with us ever since, including bringing him back after he lost most of a season injured. Some people are underestimating the value coaches place on proven NFL performers here vs rookies with potential. I do think they find a way to keep Reese around, but numerous stories have come out about no UDFA making roster this year, so I'm giving Tutu the "leg up" over Inmann (PS candidate?) and pretty much agree with your WR roster.
        I have nothing against Tutu but imo you over value him. He was out on the street for two months, just like DX was on the street for two months till we picked him up. He is in his second season with the new regime so i wouldnt say they have any loyalty and big value placed on him. Ill also asuume Rivers or somebody here put a bug in their ear when he was available and they needed another WR otherwise, they probably dont sign him. I think they will replace him if they find a WR that is better and a gunner who can take his place.

If he stays or goes doesnt matter to me as long as he beats out anyone else who is here, then im good with it.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-30-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

^ This.

And WTF, Tutu wasn't a street signing?? C'mon SDFan, calling BS on that one.
          Last edited by blueman; 07-30-2014, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I have nothing against Tutu but imo you over value him. He was out on the street for two months, just like DX was on the street for two months till we picked him up. He is in his second season with the new regime so i wouldnt say they have any loyalty and big value placed on him. Ill also asuume Rivers or somebody here put a bug in their ear when he was available and they needed another WR otherwise, they probably dont sign him. I think they will replace him if they find a WR that is better and a gunner who can take his place.
            If he stays or goes doesnt matter to me as long as he beats out anyone else who is here, then im good with it.
            there's the source of the disagreement in bold. I haven't seen ANY indication the coaching staff has any interest in this- have you? You're talking replacing a proven vet they can count on with 2 new question marks because you want more production out of the 5th WR spot? We're in a pretty good spot roster wise now and from the years I've watched the NFL- teams just don't seem to often replace proven reliable guys at the bottom of the roster with inexperienced guys hoping for some marginal (potential) upgrade in non-starters. I'm pretty sure the staff is focused on getting the offense and defense ready to start the season while letting the few spots up for grabs play out and pretty much know most of the keepers already.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

there's the source of the disagreement in bold. I haven't seen ANY indication the coaching staff has any interest in this- have you? You're talking replacing a proven vet they can count on with 2 new question marks because you want mosre production out of the 5th WR spot? We're in a pretty good spot roster wise now and from the years I've watched the NFL- teams just don't seem to often replace proven reliable guys at the bottom of the roster with inexperienced guys hoping for some marginal (potential) upgrade in non-starters. I'm pretty sure the staff is focused on getting the offense and defense ready to start the season while letting the few spots up for grabs play out and pretty much know most of the keepers already.
              j

TC is what? 3 days in? Neither of us are sitting in on meetings so what indications are you refering to? How would you know about any interest they have in anything? They will try different players at other possitions just like they are trying a few different guys as punt returners. To say they are sold as who will be their gunners and WRs right now i think is short sighted. Why draft or sign anyone at WR if they already have them set as you seem to think they do? Sorry, im just not buying that. You should always look to improve your team and clearly WR is a place they thought they could improve....and i agree.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-30-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                ^ This.

And WTF, Tutu wasn't a street signing?? C'mon SDFan, calling BS on that one.
                you guys are playing semantics games here to make it sound like the guy has no value because he was let go in final cutdowns by CAR. Like NO player has ever had a productive career even as a backup after not making a 53 man roster. pfffttt. Yeah, I agree he was a FA signing because he didn't have a team for a few weeks- but the difference is you guys make a damning permanent conclusion about his abilities and value to this team from that temporary 2 month period instead of looking at all relevant factors and totality of his time ON A TEAM. Especially THIS team. If the club placed as little value on Tutu as you do, why in the world do you think they even bothered to re-sign him after the injury-shortened season? There's tons of guys like him available at any given time and he's easily replaceable, right?

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

j

TC is what? 3 days in? Neither of us are sitting in on meetings so what indications are you refering to? They will try different players at other possitions just like they are trying a few different guys as punt returners. To say they are sold as who will be their gunners and WRs right now i think is short sighted. Why draft or sign anyone at WR if they already have them set as you seem to think they do? Sorry, im just not buying that.
                  that they waited until the 7th to take a flyer on a skinny speedster when people here were rating WRs as high as our 1st round pick need is an indicator. The talking puppets at UT are claiming it will be really tough for any UDFA to make the team this year and now talking down Inmann (inconsistent) and Law (nothing special) in their chats is another indicator- but I asked YOU- what indication do YOU HAVE they are actively looking to replace Tutu because they are unhappy with what he gives them?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

you guys are playing semantics games here to make it sound like the guy has no value because he was let go in final cutdowns by CAR. Like NO player has ever had a productive career even as a backup after not making a 53 man roster. pfffttt. Yeah, I agree he was a FA signing because he didn't have a team for a few weeks- but the difference is you guys make a damning permanent conclusion about his abilities and value to this team from that temporary 2 month period instead of looking at all relevant factors and totality of his time ON A TEAM. Especially THIS team. If the club placed as little value on Tutu as you do, why in the world do you think they even bothered to re-sign him after the injury-shortened season? There's tons of guys like him available at any given time and he's easily replaceable, right?

Nobody said any of that shit. Nobody is playing semantics. It s what it is an what it is , is he was signed off the street after being out of work and nobody pickd him up fr two months. Clearly Tutu is a favorite of yours and thats fine, but if you think he cant be upgraded, imo that is a laugher. So we have a 7th rounder and a guy they signd from the CFL to try and do that. Lets see if he beats them out and if he does, great....im fine with it. I have no favoritism to either of them.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-30-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Nobody said any of that shit. Nobody is playing semantics. It s what it is an what it is , is he was signed off the street after being out of work and nobody pickd him up fr two months. Clearly Tutu is a favorite of yours and thats fine, but f you think he cant be upgraded imo is a laugher. So we have a 7th rounder and a guy they signd from the CFL to try and do that. Lets see if he best s them out and if he does, great....im fine with it.
                      "upgraded" to WHAT and by WHOM? name the guys on our roster with a PROVEN NFL body of work that are going to sway the coaches to replace him. That's what you and Blue aren't getting here. There's no legit reason to actively TRY to replace him at this point. I don't have any skin in the game if he stays or goes, but unless somebody really stands out as a back up WR and on STs in the PS games, I seriously doubt Tutu is in any danger. If we find someone like that who earns the roster spot, Great! the team just a little better in the coaches estimation. I just don't see it as likely like some of you do.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

In his 4th season: injury replacement street signing, played in 14 games (mostly ST), made 3 catches. That's Tutu's proven NFL body of work in 2013. So yeah, I think a promising CFL dude or a rookie with unique potential might beat that, sure. If Tutu beats them out, great. Love the competition and I guess the coaches saw something to upgrade for that last WR spot or why sign Inman (and give him a signing bonus) and draft Reese?

FYI, he was an injury replacement for us in 2012 mid-season, guess who he replaced? Goodman.
                        Last edited by blueman; 07-30-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Tutu was UDFA himself that won a roster spot back 2010, probably bumped some fringe Vet. Same could happen to him and nobody bothered to take a flyer on him. At least Reese garnered a pick in the draft. After going on IR in 2012, he wasn't re-signed until Aug 16,2013, after DX went down to injury. DX doesn't go down Tutu never gets signed. I love Tutu's size and attitude, but he is on the bubble IMO.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X