• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    that they waited until the 7th to take a flyer on a skinny speedster when people here were rating WRs as high as our 1st round pick need is an indicator. The talking puppets at UT are claiming it will be really tough for any UDFA to make the team this year and now talking down Inmann (inconsistent) and Law (nothing special) in their chats is another indicator- but I asked YOU- what indication do YOU HAVE they are actively looking to replace Tutu because they are unhappy with what he gives them?
    LOL, ....c-mon dude. Who cares what we rated anybody. We had a few possitions as our first round pick so that means little. Since when has any GM drafted what we thought they should? How long have you been here? And what talking puppets are you refering to? Acee? Do you really think he has any idea who will make the team right now?

Now as for Tutu...i NEVER said they were unhappy with him and i never said they were specifically looking to replace just Tutu. I simply said he could get beat out by two guys they brought in. My indication is they brought in a couple guys to compete and Tutu hardly got any playing time. Sometimes potentual will win out. They drafted a RB who also was a gunner in college so they have options.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-30-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

"upgraded" to WHAT and by WHOM? name the guys on our roster with a PROVEN NFL body of work that are going to sway the coaches to replace him. That's what you and Blue aren't getting here. There's no legit reason to actively TRY to replace him at this point. I don't have any skin in the game if he stays or goes, but unless somebody really stands out as a back up WR and on STs in the PS games, I seriously doubt Tutu is in any danger. If we find someone like that who earns the roster spot, Great! the team just a little better in the coaches estimation. I just don't see it as likely like some of you do.
      Hmm, how much body of work did Keenan Allen have last year as a rookie? None!

Look, all im saying is somebody they drafted or signed could maybe beat him out and they have other guys that can be a gunner. I dont know what your deal is , or maybe he is your broher in law, i dont know and dont care. Regardless, Tutu is not a lock to make this club and if he does, GREAT!!!! If he doesnt, GREAT!!!! I dont care either way. But what do you know about any of those two other guys? I doubt you ever saw Tutu play til he became a Charger so please spare me the , there is nobody who is as good as him speech.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-30-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Confused with VBrown logo:
        420 logo:
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          I have nothing against Tutu but imo you over value him. He was out on the street for two months, just like DX was on the street for two months till we picked him up. He is in his second season with the new regime so i wouldnt say they have any loyalty and big value placed on him. Ill also asuume Rivers or somebody here put a bug in their ear when he was available and they needed another WR otherwise, they probably dont sign him. I think they will replace him if they find a WR that is better and a gunner who can take his place.

If he stays or goes doesnt matter to me as long as he beats out anyone else who is here, then im good with it.
          I think Rivers' input will ultimately decide this camp battle.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            If Rivers doesn't trust VB, Brown's in trouble. But this would be Browns 3rd year, this is the time you'd expect receivers to step up.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              Tutu logo:

Comment

• Faded blues
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2013
                • Send PM

I have met both personally. Tutu and Brown are good kids. I wish them the best. I just fill one of them or both do not make this team. Good to luck to them both.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

(1) Nobody is saying Tutu is a lock. But it sure seems as if a few people are saying Tutu is as good as gone if somebody else can play gunner.

What SDfan and I are saying is Tutu may not be a lock, but it sure is going to take more than "potential" and the theoretical ability to play gunner (and I say "theoretical" because we won't really know until a player is facing a non-vanilla, non-preseason kick return) to bump a proven vet from the roster.

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  I doubt you ever saw Tutu play til he became a Charger
                  (2) Who did?

Fwiw, I think the Chargers keep 6 WRs, with Reese as the 6th guy, and if Inman clears waivers sign him to the practice squad.
                  Adipose

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Panama again.

coupla haters around here have tunnel vision on this one. or maybe its rectal vision. Fantasy Football has warped some thinking and expectations.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I think of this little squabble as being our own equivalent of one of those training camp fights. It's all stop once we have something real to talk about, but unfortunately we only have ourselves to beat up on for another week.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        (1) Nobody is saying Tutu is a lock. But it sure seems as if a few people are saying Tutu is as good as gone if somebody else can play gunner.

What SDfan and I are saying is Tutu may not be a lock, but it sure is going to take more than "potential" and the theoretical ability to play gunner (and I say "theoretical" because we won't really know until a player is facing a non-vanilla, non-preseason kick return) to bump a proven vet from the roster.

(2) Who did?

Fwiw, I think the Chargers keep 6 WRs, with Reese as the 6th guy, and if Inman clears waivers sign him to the practice squad.
                        My point was that he was a UDFA and hasnt done all that much in the NFL and he is judging a 7th rounder and a guy who has CFL experience that IMO is a step up from colllege and he is saying they cant possibly beat out Tutu who he has only a minimul body of work in the NFL...... and it isnt all that impressive.

I understand he had a game winning catch last year and thats great and im glad he made the play but you know......David Tyree still got cut from the Giants after his miraculous catch in the SB which was a play that usually fails. Teams are always looking to get better and Tutu is not untouchable.........is all ive been saying.

If Brown doesnt get on the field, he could be in trouble as well. He wasnt drafted or brought in by this regime.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-31-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Rectal vision ha, how nice. I suppose he had a plexi-glass bellybutton installed to over come his own anal view.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X